Lt. Commander
# 11
09-14-2010, 10:39 AM
I remember playing Star Trek Judgment Rites on an old 486 33mhz comp in elementary school. It was a blast. The teacher got it for the class to play around with as a reward if we finished our work and were well behaved. Back when teachers didn't have to submit to every "PC" rule and law that's out now, but that's another story.

To me, this mission was a step towards ST games like that, but it's still very basic compared to it. I understand they're rolling out weekly episodes, whereas single player games like ST JR took more time to develop. However, I got exactly that kind of nostalgic feeling when doing Cold Comfort.
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-14-2010, 06:34 PM
I enjoyed Cold Comfort, but then I've really enjoyed the whole series thus far. I pray Cryptic continues to roll out these weekly missions once the Breen storyline concludes. And to anyone at Cryptic that might read this thread, "Keep up the excellent work with the weekly missions."
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-16-2010, 01:14 PM
It was a nice change of pace but I would have liked it to be a little longer.

I'm still enjoying the episodes as a whole! New content is good!
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-17-2010, 07:21 AM
Cryptic, thank you for how this mission plays out. The medic minigame was a blast as was the diplomacy and learning a bit about Breen culture. Well done! I would love to see more missions/episodes along these lines! I am excited and look forward to your next releases!
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-17-2010, 10:27 AM
very much enjoyed this ep, could have been a touch longer and i would not have minded a small space battle at the very start. would have given the ep more danger and tension but still kept it a strong non combat mission.

the only real problem is replay value is a bit weak, as once you know what to do you can race through it with alts.

future non combat missions could do with multiple ways to complete so even if you played it two or three times there is a chance to do things differently.

but overall still a fun mission, felt very star trek and a nice change of pace.
Lt. Commander
# 16 Rough time,
09-18-2010, 12:17 PM
Love the story, on my 4th interrogation of Tran though,,,
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-20-2010, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac09 View Post
my onl comments about the mission are:

HOW COEM THE CAPTAIN IS PLAYING A MEDICAL OFFICER! I got crew to do that heck lol beyond that was interesting non-combat type mission. But the reward just sucked. They need to release more then one new episode a week.... maybe start another series hmmm
That's simple, because you went down to asses the situation and got caught up in a triage situation. Much like Jake Sisko did when he was trying to write a story about Dr Bashir. He went down as a reporter and got drafted into a medic. All starfleet officers are trained in basic field medicine and first aid.

Personally I think 1 episode a week is just fine. Better having a slow steady stream of episodes that they can keep up w/ than having them try and take on too much and not be able to deliver.
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-22-2010, 07:56 AM
I got the whole mission right on my first try and enjoyed the change of pace the mission brought. However Cryptics' Diplomacy has much to be desired and to be honest, their whole dialog system should be revisited, so this mission can't possibly be the "best mission ever played" for me.
Lt. Commander
# 19
09-22-2010, 12:22 PM
Well...will respond to this mission, but basically how I feel about the whole series

LOVE IT !!

I am looking forward to the weekly series ! I hope they continue ! I like watching shows that have a decent plot line running through them, and these types of series fits that bill nicely !!

Good Job Crypitc !
Lt. Commander
# 20
09-22-2010, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac09 View Post
But the reward just sucked.
You may or may not care. Feed one of those Deferi Snow Tubers to a Mattson tribble (orange one with blue stripes IIRC) and get a Cryo Tribble!