Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Klingon state of play.
09-11-2010, 06:21 PM
Hi all and devs.

Ive been here since preorder , STO had its up and downs , its starting to get somehwere now except there damn c-store but anyways...

I finally got so bored with not alot to do in this game (its very very shallow) and level'd 3 VA's on fed side i thought what now im sooooo bored , i then came across a post here asking for others to try to levelo a Klink to see how bad/hard it is.

Firstly i had no free slots so i had to pay extra to play a Klink (BAD MOVE - incidently can we get refunds lol)

I agree with all the complaints Klingon players have been making , the state of Klingon Faction is well put simply disgusting.

Ships , pathetic , sorry but the choices are limited and from what ive seen hardly no customising at all , seriously stop the fed stuff now till upto xmas and work on this faction.

There is really no missions as such , not even loot , ive never seen one armour drop, fed side get great rewards but i see Klinks get nothing at all really. NOTHING.

Firstly give the Klinks some room , give them more sectors and more missions - i know the staff is very thin but thats noones fault except there own. How about after every season of the weeklies finishes you take a break for just two weeks. In this two weeks you could at least make a couple of missions , just get that content in there.

Tribbles , anoying things lol , why cant the klinks have some form of targ breeding? combat and non combat ones? gives klinks a bit of uniqueness items doesnt it?

Outfits are so limited , they look cool on Klink side though , but why doesnt armour and kits show up , its things like this that all add up and shout LAME.

I did make a list but i think most has been mentioned , basically yes Klinks have hardly ANY content at all , its a sham really , you could even block this faction and close it till it is ready as its really that bad.

No missions , no content , no loot , no options no nothing more or less , shame as Klink faction looks like it could be really really good shame this faction seems to be ignored.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
09-11-2010, 06:52 PM
Amen Brother!!! I just leveled my Klingon to LtGen and I was trying to drag it out to enjoy it. I agree with everything you said, but the SAD fact is the Devs are ALL Fed fans and could really care less about what we post about our klinks and how we feel we have been continuously hamstrung since the first Tribble patch release. Tribble has just been the proving ground for "how to nerf the Klingons and help the Feds feel better about themselves". Long story short however, I still like to play but am kind fed up with the constant Dev promisses to "fix things for the klinks" but meanwhile pump out a MASSIVE amount of stuff for the Feds at a mere request. I want casual wear for club night at space dock, DONE! How about that cool Merc outfit from Enterprise? DONE! Can I get a Tribble that makes Fart sounds? OMG!! I can't believe we forgot that! DONE!!!!

I am sorry but it is getting out of control.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
They were never meant to be on the scale of the Feds, it took them a year to do the Fed side, how could they possibly do as much with the Klingons?

It's postings like this that discourage them from working on it anymore and why they're focused more on the weeklies that anyone can do.

Also this kind of feedback isn't constructive at all, so, "in before the lock."
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
09-11-2010, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizen_Giggles View Post
They were never meant to be on the scale of the Feds, it took them a year to do the Fed side, how could they possibly do as much with the Klingons?

It's postings like this that discourage them from working on it anymore and why they're focused more on the weeklies that anyone can do.

Also this kind of feedback isn't constructive at all, so, "in before the lock."
Yea guess happy klink forum postings is what ups Klingon dev time, I would have thought it was $15 a month, and the numerous klink cancelations....whodathunk
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
09-11-2010, 09:16 PM
You're killing me!!!! "They were never meant to be on the scale of the Feds"!!! The Klingons ARE the other side!! and DO flesh out the game. I would post a link to the "About STO" section or the FAQ but that would be redundit. Unless your telling me that the advertising section and the developer section just don't talk to each other about what they are going to do and what they actually will do.

I am sure that my rapier wit like comments are making pushing some developer off a ledge at the moment, just before he was about to take the system down for maintenance and add that stack of Klink content he had been tirelessly working on for the last three months to show that they really care.

I am sure he will cry himslef to sleep tonight in his huge bed lined with money, sobbing to his hot girlfriend that the players on the Klingon side are just so mean and demanding,

I am just pointing out what many others have. I want to be able to make up a wish list and have it appear the next week. OOOhhhh! I want a Targ piglet that oinks and squeels and grants special abilties.

I am just saying that the Klingon players (ALL of which have FED alts) would like to have the same (or even a fraction, that fraction being slightly larger than the 1:10 ratio currently being used) amount of attention given to the rest of the paying public.

I still love the game and will continue to play for now, but I just couldn't resist after the latest outfit hit the C-store and saw that as a Klingon I need not apply. Personally I would love to have that outfit for my Orion captain and his crew of mercenaries, alas that will never happen.

In the end it just feels good to get under someones skin ROLF:p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciritai View Post
In the end it just feels good to get under someones skin ROLF:p
You're not under my skin, I'm just telling you how pointless and inane this thread is. Lump it in with the other 5000 posts on the topic, decrying the state of the Klingons. 7 months in and nothing's changed, has it?

Also, forum protip: Using a lot of words doesn't make you any more correct than you were in the first place.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
09-11-2010, 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciritai View Post
You're killing me!!!! "They were never meant to be on the scale of the Feds"!!! The Klingons ARE the other side!! and DO flesh out the game. I would post a link to the "About STO" section or the FAQ but that would be redundit. Unless your telling me that the advertising section and the developer section just don't talk to each other about what they are going to do and what they actually will do.

I am sure that my rapier wit like comments are making pushing some developer off a ledge at the moment, just before he was about to take the system down for maintenance and add that stack of Klink content he had been tirelessly working on for the last three months to show that they really care.

I am sure he will cry himslef to sleep tonight in his huge bed lined with money, sobbing to his hot girlfriend that the players on the Klingon side are just so mean and demanding,

I am just pointing out what many others have. I want to be able to make up a wish list and have it appear the next week. OOOhhhh! I want a Targ piglet that oinks and squeels and grants special abilties.

I am just saying that the Klingon players (ALL of which have FED alts) would like to have the same (or even a fraction, that fraction being slightly larger than the 1:10 ratio currently being used) amount of attention given to the rest of the paying public.

I still love the game and will continue to play for now, but I just couldn't resist after the latest outfit hit the C-store and saw that as a Klingon I need not apply. Personally I would love to have that outfit for my Orion captain and his crew of mercenaries, alas that will never happen.

In the end it just feels good to get under someones skin ROLF:p
The KDF was never intended to be developed less than the FEds, or left so woefully incomplete. The devs have always sid the KDfFwas meant to be a fully fleshed faction. Yes its correct, we may never have the same quanity of stuff as the Feds, but we were never intended to have less quality.

The whole ide aof the KDF being intended to be som e2nd class faction is a lie made up by the Fed player base...you'll never be able to show me a quote or statement that says we were supposed to be some lesser developmed faction...because it doesnt exist.

Dont believe the anti-KDF development hype, its only purpose is to keep the dev focus on the Feds and frustrate the KDF player base into giving up the fight for more content and development...we were intended to be different, not incomplete.

So its true, we'll likly never have the name number of ships...but we should have customization and avriety greater than we have. No, we likly wont have as much PvE content, but we arent intended to be jailed in our own little corner fo the Quadrant.

Honestly, how could some one even suggest our only intention was to be a distraction for the Fed player base, when we have yet to even have the required content to fulfill that objective. What we are is on the back burner, but we are nota nd have never been intended to remain they way we are now.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
09-12-2010, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizen_Giggles View Post
You're not under my skin, I'm just telling you how pointless and inane this thread is. Lump it in with the other 5000 posts on the topic, decrying the state of the Klingons. 7 months in and nothing's changed, has it?

Also, forum protip: Using a lot of words doesn't make you any more correct than you were in the first place.
forum pro tip, dont try to bait the kdf playerbase cos there is every liklyhood we will hunt you down and kick your head in, follow all your posts and report you for the slightest infraction you commit on the forums.

btw luckily you and the devs are on a totally different page, your on paint by numbers and there on masters degree in creating a game. if you want to see cryers go look in the fed stuff screaming this aint cannon, whys that not look like the show, dipo needs this, crafting needs that then come back here and try and complain to us that we complain about paying $15 a montyh to soulessly grind so you have someone todo your pvp daily against.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
09-12-2010, 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizen_Giggles View Post
You're not under my skin, I'm just telling you how pointless and inane this thread is. Lump it in with the other 5000 posts on the topic, decrying the state of the Klingons. 7 months in and nothing's changed, has it?

Also, forum protip: Using a lot of words doesn't make you any more correct than you were in the first place.
yer its great to see my 2 x life time subs i paid getting poured in to one faction as iv said to other fed players run away back to feddybear land take me by the hand to VA,
its great that your happy with your mindless , pointless story mode oodles of xp.
i played the KDF for pvp if i wanted taken by the hand on everything id have leveled like 20 feddybear toons by now.
the only reason i have 3 of each on both factions is so i can pick which is best for pvp.
Klingons have enough low level pve what we need is SHIPS more of em like the ones promised for the end of august.. but as usual DSTAHL THE DISTRUSTED proved us right he cant be trusted.
MORE SHIPS & OPEN PVP so we can go & gank the feddybears.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
09-12-2010, 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizen_Giggles View Post
They were never meant to be on the scale of the Feds, it took them a year to do the Fed side, how could they possibly do as much with the Klingons?
All evidence suggests that the original goal was to have b ot the Fed and the Klingon faction fully worked out at release. THat was the original goal. But it couldn't be done. So they decided that the Klingon faction would be "redcuded" to a PvP oriented faction (an information .that was released - or possibly leaked - only very lat
The idea was that starting the game without PvP or without a second faction would forevermore make STO considered a single-faction game without PvP, and they didn't want that. Changing people's understanding of the game after release is hard.
But keeping Klingons as PvP faction never worked. People demand more. And it's not like the PvP really has the degree of depth one might expect for a PvP based factions. If the game could have launched with territory control and Open PvP Zones, I think it might have worked differently, but that was also not on the table at that time.

And Cryptic now has done things to turn Klingons into a broader faction. Exploration Missions, Fleet Actions and storyline missions have been added. But there is still a lot to do to make it fully satisfying. But that will take time, and it will require compromises - like faction-agnostic weeklies.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:06 PM.