Lt. Commander
# 11
09-12-2010, 03:52 AM
even after all the nerf's, the klinks still beat the feds 9/10 in pvp, wonder why ??

klinks know how to pvp feds dont, COS THE SUCK LIKE YOU

hopefully this will get closed now
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-12-2010, 03:54 AM
Well alll i can say is i have made 5 RA5/VA1 caracters on fed side and i have deleted them all. Why have i deleted them all ? because about two month after this game came out i made a Klingon tactical and i still have him.And i love to play Klingon.

The only way i still been playing fed on side is because off 2 things, hard to get enough KDF players for the STF's and second no much to do KDF side.Now that said it still way more awesome beeing Klingon and having nothing to do then to be fed and have something to do. But now i'm lvl my last and final caracter on KDF side, a engineer Klingon.For glory ! for the Empire . Only reason i still have a fed captain is because i use it to help lvl a friend. After that i will delete that to.Selfdestruct ftw.

In the last 2 weeks i gotten 5 people i know to start playing STO and they love it, this is players who are waiting for TOR and had never tried STO before.I try telling them KDF faction is more awesome and i belive after a while they will agree if they really play that faction.And one more reason i really cant wait to play Klingon side for full is because of this statement ! from dstahl http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...5&postcount=25 Many players are waithing for this and more and better STF's in the future. Have faith in Cryptic and have a little patience. Qapla !
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-12-2010, 08:55 AM
As Klingon players the best we can do is not let our disapointment go unnoticed and continue to tell the Dev's how we wish to see improvements made to the faction. We have been assured that development is incomming for the Kilingons and that it will arrive as fast as they can produce it with the limited resources the Dev's have to work with.

Most importantly -DO not fall for the baiting of some fed players - It will get you noticed by the GM's in a bad way and possibly banned from the forum for a time. If you must respond to thier poorly vieled attempts to draw you out - do so with civility and avoid certain key words as : stupid, dumb, buggering and the like.

Remember you will get an infraction for anything harsh said in response to these flamers, unless worded in a more respectful way in response some of thier narrow minded ideas and comments.
Lt. Commander
# 14 Cna I buy you lunch!
09-12-2010, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fewzz View Post
Hi all and devs.

Ive been here since preorder , STO had its up and downs , its starting to get somehwere now except there damn c-store but anyways...

I finally got so bored with not alot to do in this game (its very very shallow) and level'd 3 VA's on fed side i thought what now im sooooo bored , i then came across a post here asking for others to try to levelo a Klink to see how bad/hard it is.

Firstly i had no free slots so i had to pay extra to play a Klink (BAD MOVE - incidently can we get refunds lol)

I agree with all the complaints Klingon players have been making , the state of Klingon Faction is well put simply disgusting.

Ships , pathetic , sorry but the choices are limited and from what ive seen hardly no customising at all , seriously stop the fed stuff now till upto xmas and work on this faction.

There is really no missions as such , not even loot , ive never seen one armour drop, fed side get great rewards but i see Klinks get nothing at all really. NOTHING.

Firstly give the Klinks some room , give them more sectors and more missions - i know the staff is very thin but thats noones fault except there own. How about after every season of the weeklies finishes you take a break for just two weeks. In this two weeks you could at least make a couple of missions , just get that content in there.

Tribbles , anoying things lol , why cant the klinks have some form of targ breeding? combat and non combat ones? gives klinks a bit of uniqueness items doesnt it?

Outfits are so limited , they look cool on Klink side though , but why doesnt armour and kits show up , its things like this that all add up and shout LAME.

I did make a list but i think most has been mentioned , basically yes Klinks have hardly ANY content at all , its a sham really , you could even block this faction and close it till it is ready as its really that bad.

No missions , no content , no loot , no options no nothing more or less , shame as Klink faction looks like it could be really really good shame this faction seems to be ignored.
If I was in the same city as you I would offer to buy you luch you make me so happy!
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizen_Giggles View Post
You're not under my skin, I'm just telling you how pointless and inane this thread is. Lump it in with the other 5000 posts on the topic, decrying the state of the Klingons. 7 months in and nothing's changed, has it?

Also, forum protip: Using a lot of words doesn't make you any more correct than you were in the first place.
{* humbly bows in quivering awe of your groundbreaking intelligence ]
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-12-2010, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoa-jin View Post
Honestly, how could some one even suggest our only intention was to be a distraction for the Fed player base, when we have yet to even have the required content to fulfill that objective. What we are is on the back burner, but we are nota nd have never been intended to remain they way we are now.
They are ignorant and buy into lines that have been fed (pun intended) to people since Feb.
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-12-2010, 10:51 AM
I understand why you're all mad about the KDF being under developed, but you gotta understand that STO was rushed into released before it was ready. Cryptic is trying to fix that but they can't just stop working on one faction. So just give them some time to work it out, it'll happen.
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-12-2010, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SF_Lahuie
I understand why you're all mad about the KDF being under developed, but you gotta understand that STO was rushed into released before it was ready. Cryptic is trying to fix that but they can't just stop working on one faction. So just give them some time to work it out, it'll happen.
Personally I'm not so upset with the Devs at this point, but I am tired of the people who seem to find their entertainment from running around claiming that the Klingons were never meant to be anything more than Monster play or that they should exist as their own faction. Both of these statements are simply untrue.
Lt. Commander
# 19
09-12-2010, 02:24 PM
Ultimately how do we know what it was intended to be? I left for awhile hoping it would be much better in a few months. I don't know why I had that hope, I'm a life timer of CO as well and it might take that kind of Sub to see the kind of content one would expect from a brand new game.

I'm very disappointed in the product from release till now. There are few reasons for releasing a stripped down anything and I still find both games to be stripped down hulls missing much of what makes an MMO great, even good.

It's not all negative though, even with the issues it is more fun than many other games, Yes, lots of vendors have neither the talent or experience of Cryptic but STO is still much better than it was before.

Far to many companies followerd Turbines lead of squandering great Franchises with stripped down emotionless blobbs. Perhaps SOE actually started it with SWG. If you have a great franchise to build a game around why roll out a game that almost certainly will not hold 1/4 of the people who try it.

Everyone I know who jumped into Champions were gone within a month. They went back to games like WOW and COH, which for some reason has actually been getting more enjoyable over the last year or two.

Everyone I knew who tried STO, granted it was far fewer than tried Champions Online, were gone before the first month ended. Broken mechanics, poor implimentation of space and virtually no content on the Klingon side simply said, come back later. But how many players actually come back later?

SOE has had failure after failure because they sacrificed their reputation on StarWars and the horrible job they did. Vanguard was a highly anticipated game, SOE put it's name on it and interest fell like a rocket and the game did very poorly. EQ2 is in the same boat.

Turbine had AC which was an excellent game. They released AC2 against the wishes of the testers, telling us they were much smarter than them, just play the game, almost verbatim and what happened? It was closed.

They released DDO as a stripped down MMO, consisting of a single city and it failed. I'm not sure but I don't think that even free to play has given it a permanent re-lease on life.

They released Lord of the Rings, a game that should have been enclosed in gold. The only thing massive about it was the lack of content and game realestate. I guess they figured if one city was not popular in DDO they were roll out a handfull of them very close together with a massive number of kill the same models over and over and over quests. They did make improvements but they lost so many players in the beginning and the basic stripped down world they created will always be stripped down.

Cryptic is going to have trouble selling a coffee mug to the mainstreem MMO player base until they get their focus on Quality and complete content.

Ask the Dark age of Conan how well releasing games with no content work out over the long haul. I suppose honestly by now the devs of CO could offer some insight.

STO had 1 million accounts + at one time. I would really like to know how many it has now. I am very sure a big part of the drop reflects the bugs that were in the game and the general lack of content but much of it was then and is continueing to be the pathetic reality Klingons in STO live. PVP is a minor part of virtually all games. How much of it is a focus in CO? Even hard core PVP games offer more PVE content than STO does, unless they are games like Shadowbane that fail even as a free game.

Give the Klingons more to do. Even more kill missions for reasonable XP would be better than what we have now.
Lt. Commander
# 20
09-12-2010, 09:31 PM
I agree with Varrangian, I still love the game and I am still having a good time with ALL my characters. I am just tired of Fed exclusive players pretending EVERYTHING else is just there to support their game play.

I look forward to any additional Klingon content as well as the next playable faction, I just want them before 2011.