Lt. Commander
# 21
09-13-2010, 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post
Personally I'm not so upset with the Devs at this point, but I am tired of the people who seem to find their entertainment from running around claiming that the Klingons were never meant to be anything more than Monster play or that they should exist as their own faction. Both of these statements are simply untrue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciritai View Post
I agree with Varrangian, I still love the game and I am still having a good time with ALL my characters. I am just tired of Fed exclusive players pretending EVERYTHING else is just there to support their game play.

I look forward to any additional Klingon content as well as the next playable faction, I just want them before 2011.
Ignore those few flaming feds.
I have yet to see any proof to thier claims listed in the forums and prefer to wait upon the Dev's to follow through on thier promises. Time will tell.
Lt. Commander
# 22
09-13-2010, 07:19 PM
Feds are crackin!!! Cheers Gaffer!
Lt. Commander
# 23
09-14-2010, 04:52 AM
I have tried to play several Fed characters, and have not progressed past Commander. Why? THe difficulty ramps up too fast! And I don't have enough items to aid the planets in exploration missions (I'm cheap, I don't really want to buy stuff from stores when I can find it while exploring/fighting). I have been very satisfied with my Klingon characters and find it very easy to level them up. While I am primarily a huge fan of the Federation, within this game I think the Klingons totally rock! As a Fed player I felt the Klingons were too powerful. As a Klingon, I feel the two factions are evenly matched most of the time. Ironic isn't it?
Lt. Commander
# 24
09-14-2010, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilCell View Post
I have tried to play several Fed characters, and have not progressed past Commander. Why? THe difficulty ramps up too fast! And I don't have enough items to aid the planets in exploration missions (I'm cheap, I don't really want to buy stuff from stores when I can find it while exploring/fighting). I have been very satisfied with my Klingon characters and find it very easy to level them up. While I am primarily a huge fan of the Federation, within this game I think the Klingons totally rock! As a Fed player I felt the Klingons were too powerful. As a Klingon, I feel the two factions are evenly matched most of the time. Ironic isn't it?
I agree, once tried and played the balance issues no longer seem to apply and both factions are just about even in ability if not content.
Nice house in your avatar. Having been to Seoul once - I really was awed by the Traditional building designs.
Lt. Commander
# 25
09-14-2010, 07:01 AM
Native English Teacher?

I would disagree on the content though, very limited options as far as ships go, lower hull lower shields with no real overall bonus for the fleet as a whole unfortunately. But we'll see, here's hoping for more options
Lt. Commander
# 26
09-14-2010, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEONHART View Post
Native English Teacher?

I would disagree on the content though, very limited options as far as ships go, lower hull lower shields with no real overall bonus for the fleet as a whole unfortunately. But we'll see, here's hoping for more options
hence the "if not content" part of the sentence. The KDF is about even (if not better) in abilty to perform in combat (sad really if you think about it-considering the limited materials to work with) and we only lack in the flesh of a properly developed faction, ei: ships, tailor options, etc.
Of course this is my opinion only based on my experiences of the win ratio of tthe KDF in pvp using the same ships since forever.
Lt. Commander
# 27
09-14-2010, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEONHART View Post
Native English Teacher?

As part of my contract, I am not at liberty to discuss who my employer is over here. That picture was taken at Naganeupseong Folk Village outside of Suncheon, on the southwest end of Korea.

Yes, there needs to bee more ship options and a better ability to customize. I would think that the slight stat boost one gets from cloaking and the strategic advantage of it has been offset by "nerfing" the Klingon ship weapons. I am not here to go into an indepth discussion on the nuances of tactical planning in skirmishes.

I will counter by saying that the Klingon Exploration areas and missions were sorely needed when the game first came out. Now there is someting a player can actually do while waiting for PvP. Also, I like to find equipment rather thay purchace it. From a differing perspective, the Klingon Empire has an alternate outlook on life. Conquest and battles are their motivation, while the Federation is primarily exploration and defense. This difference in priories means that most Klingon missions will revolve around fighting. There really is only so much one can do to spice up a fighting game.
Lt. Commander
This doesn’t mean that we’ll be making the KDF or any future faction as PvE episode-heavy as the Federation currently is. Maybe someday in the long-term future, but for now it is not a goal because we simply don’t have the manpower to do it. But we can address the issues above and make the KDF a fun faction to play and enjoy instead of the sometimes cool but often frustrating experience it is now.

DStahl has confirmed it. Not to rub it in the face of the Klingon players (I have a Klingon character too!) but the fact of the matter is, there's not enough resources to go around for this as I stated in my previous post (and was viciously attacked for by several people in this thread, by the way).

I do look forward to more Klingon content though, I really enjoyed "Bringing Down The House" quite a bit.
Lt. Commander
# 29
09-15-2010, 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizen_Giggles View Post
They were never meant to be on the scale of the Feds, it took them a year to do the Fed side, how could they possibly do as much with the Klingons?

It's postings like this that discourage them from working on it anymore and why they're focused more on the weeklies that anyone can do.

Also this kind of feedback isn't constructive at all, so, "in before the lock."
When you develop a two faction game, you develop both factions not just one.
Lt. Commander
# 30
09-15-2010, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizen_Giggles View Post
This doesn’t mean that we’ll be making the KDF or any future faction as PvE episode-heavy as the Federation currently is. Maybe someday in the long-term future, but for now it is not a goal because we simply don’t have the manpower to do it. But we can address the issues above and make the KDF a fun faction to play and enjoy instead of the sometimes cool but often frustrating experience it is now.

DStahl has confirmed it. Not to rub it in the face of the Klingon players (I have a Klingon character too!) but the fact of the matter is, there's not enough resources to go around for this as I stated in my previous post (and was viciously attacked for by several people in this thread, by the way).

I do look forward to more Klingon content though, I really enjoyed "Bringing Down The House" quite a bit.
Maybe you should have read this part too...

"n fact, the Klingon faction has had an identity crisis in STO since the first days of the project. I can remember discussions where we flat out said that we didn’t want to add a Klingon faction to STO, just as much as I can remember discussions about the Klingon faction being a PvE faction similar to the Feds. In the end, the Klingon faction ended up billed as a PvP faction, and then players were both excited and upset at our approach. In response, we’ve added more PvE content for Klingons and now they are this odd mixture of mostly PvP progression with a little bit of PvE and a lot of odd missions and un-fun grinds."

He said there is not enough resources currently to make the Klingon faction as PvE heavy as the Federation (not something most of us have been asking for), not that they wouldn't like to, or that it was never intended.