Lt. Commander
# 1 My Cold Comfort Feedback
09-11-2010, 06:45 PM
I've completed Cold Comfort on several of my characters now. I really like the new episode, but I think it could be better.

I really like the idea of non-combat deplo missions. One thing that really seemed silly to me, and many of my fleetmates, is that I'm an engineer, not a doctor.

I think this mission would have been much more amazing if the progression to completing it was career dependent.

For example: helping cure the injured patients would be the path for a science officer, an engineer would need to help repair the ship, and a tactical officer would interrogate the prisoners.

Anyone else feel a bit ouf of place healing those sick patients?
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-11-2010, 06:47 PM
"Dammit deferi, i'm a kung fu Tac Captain, not a doctor!"

"The wound is your enemy. Punch it with medicine."
Lt. Commander
# 3 non-combat missions
09-11-2010, 11:37 PM
This is Star trek non-combat mission is Star Trek. If they want to just kill things WOW I am sure will welcome them with open arms. Star Trek is more then just killing things. It happen but it not focus of Star Trek. Just like there is no real evil in Star Trek. Bad guys yes but no dark side or evil. Q was not evil.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-12-2010, 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeves
This is Star trek non-combat mission is Star Trek. If they want to just kill things WOW I am sure will welcome them with open arms. Star Trek is more then just killing things. It happen but it not focus of Star Trek. Just like there is no real evil in Star Trek. Bad guys yes but no dark side or evil. Q was not evil.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-12-2010, 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeves
what are you smoking?
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-12-2010, 01:16 AM
I think this mission was just a first of many 'choice-based' diplomacy missions. And, as everything else in this game so far, I do believe it will get better. I just think that they were trying to incorporate a diplomatic-type mission based on a post-battle scene; and, like all battles, they have casualties. So, since we're not exactly making peace with the Breen, this is the next best scenario for a diplo mission.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-12-2010, 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantore View Post
I think this mission was just a first of many 'choice-based' diplomacy missions. And, as everything else in this game so far, I do believe it will get better. I just think that they were trying to incorporate a diplomatic-type mission based on a post-battle scene; and, like all battles, they have casualties. So, since we're not exactly making peace with the Breen, this is the next best scenario for a diplo mission.
I totally agree with you! What do you think of my idea to have different paths for different careers?
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-12-2010, 02:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqwibbs View Post
I totally agree with you! What do you think of my idea to have different paths for different careers?
I think different paths are a good idea! But I think the paths should merge at one point again. So instead of letting only Tac Captains interrogate prisoners they could get weapons back online. So when you've completed your paths they all merge again and every player then has to question the Breen.

But the question is if it is too much work for Cryptic?
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-12-2010, 05:11 PM
was an interesting mission but just boring. Plus why is the captain playing dr he has a doctor onboard ship for this kind of thing. Now if I could have beamed over my dr toon instead and maybe my number 1 that would have been awesome!
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-12-2010, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OttoVonCat View Post
what are you smoking?
Yes and please pass it around!

But about those tubers, I'm wondering If I fed one to my undine tribble.......