Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 This is a Planet not a star
09-12-2010, 11:58 AM
Most planets in the game render properly, even the gas types, but for some reason, I occasionally run across a planet that is attempting to mimic a star.

Now, any planet with enough surface heat to radiate like a star would preclude most normal life forms, human included from being able to survive on them, let alone my having an away mission on it's surface.

The actual star in this instance is a tiny thing way off in the distance behind me... and it isn't even the same color as the light blindingly radiating from this 'planet'. The light from this planet is making normal flight, and fights impossible to view and perform.

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m...netnotstar.jpg

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m...etnotstar2.jpg

My question for you developers is.. is this a graphics bug, or did ya'll decide to stuff protostars into the game and pretend they were planets? If the former, any known eta for a fix if the later, can I have some of what you are smoking because it MUST be some primo ****.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-12-2010, 12:11 PM
Or it could have an incredibly thick ozone layer that reflects 95% of the local sun's rays and is actually frigidly cold to the point of freezing on the surface because of it. You know, like a breen world
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-12-2010, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekvar
Or it could have an incredibly thick ozone layer that reflects 95% of the local sun's rays and is actually frigidly cold to the point of freezing on the surface because of it. You know, like a breen world
lol. guess that works.
Lt. Commander
# 4 Bloom efffect
09-12-2010, 04:17 PM
Try tuning down your bloom effect in the graphics options.