Ensign
# 1 Fleet Atrox
12-04-2013, 02:11 PM
So I was happy to hear that the feds were getting a fleet carrier since the klingons had one. But then I saw they gave it another eng console, and the standard hull and shield hp... this is when I proceeded to break stuff. Not only is the atrox the only fed carrier that does not cost obscene amounts of lobi or something else, but it is the ONLY true carrier in the game to not have frigate options, more so it has the lowest DPS potential out of all of them... Now we have a ship that has terrible BOFF layouts, low DPS potential, and no frigate options, while the karfi gets ANOTHER tac console.

So, hopefully other people feal the same way as me, and push PW to redesign the Fleet atrox to have a higher DPS potential, and give us stalker frigate options for it, and then maybe, the ship will be used more often. PW, if you make a ship that does not suck,a nd put it on the Cstore, people will buy it...
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
12-04-2013, 04:04 PM
The Atrox really doesnt suck, it just doesnt do damage in the typical way. Most damage builds for the Atrox rely on the use of Feedback Pulse, which is incredibly effective if you know how to use it.

In addition to this, the Atrox makes a fantastic support and/or healing boat AND can load Yellowstone Runabouts.

If you know how to fly this thing, you will get some very nice DPS from it.
Captain
# 3
12-04-2013, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ischaffe View Post
But then I saw they gave it another eng console, and the standard hull and shield hp... this is when I proceeded to break stuff.
Yep, that's how B'rel Bird of Prey pilots felt when Cryptic released the Fleet B'rel at Tier 5 shipyard. A lousy engineering console (when the thing needed a 4th tac console or science console) and the hull/shield mod increases. And people had to wait forever just to use it, because T5 shipyard takes a while.

You have my condolences.
tIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp
Captain
# 4
12-04-2013, 08:33 PM
Frankly im super excited about the Fleet Atrox, i managed to get deadly deadly amounts of damage out of mine, using a fantastic rommie plasma build.

Hope full it'll work just as well with a protonic polaron build. And dear god i hope the dyson shields make it look good
Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
Republic Veteran
# 5
12-05-2013, 09:16 AM
Quote:
but it is the ONLY true carrier in the game to not have frigate options
actually, the Obelisk doesnt have a frigate option either. thats including the lobi version. it has 2 hangers as well and thus considered a true carrier.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Career Officer
# 6
12-05-2013, 09:28 AM
Realistically the JH Dread does not have a frigate pet either.
--------------------------------
I want to propose to my JH Dread.....but I can't afford the 500million EC cover charge at the jewelry store.
Republic Veteran
# 7
12-05-2013, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamif3 View Post
Realistically the JH Dread does not have a frigate pet either.
only if you consider the need of the JHAS to get them, but they still technically get them.

but if i recall, the only way to get mesh weavers at all for the Recluse is either T5 science in fleet, or the tholian rep.

if you think about it, the klingons are really the only full carriers that can get their frigate pets easily.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Captain
# 8
12-05-2013, 10:24 AM
Dunno, I find a torpedoboat-attrox with 10-12k dps quite worthwhile. Sure I would have wanted another Tacconsole, but its a ship for attrox-lovers and nothing else.

If you have flown it before, you will fly it as fleet variant, and you can put another universalconsole (tachyokinetic converter, bioneural circuits, zero-point-module) for more damage in it.

Sure, its the worst possible choice of a console, i would have thought it would be at least a sci-console, but now we simply have to adapt that it isnt.
That aside, it already can good damage while supporting as hell, so its quite fine.
It's new? NERF IT TILL IT BLEEDS

PWE proudly presents STO:Season 9.x: The Big Nerf.
Dil-sinks, EC-Value-Nerf and player satisfaction Nerf (a.k.a. Crafting Revamp), join the most epic grind ever avaiable in STO...
Captain
# 9
12-05-2013, 10:59 AM
Quote:
So I was happy to hear that the feds were getting a fleet carrier since the klingons had one. But then I saw they gave it another eng console, and the standard hull and shield hp... this is when I proceeded to break stuff. Not only is the atrox the only fed carrier that does not cost obscene amounts of lobi or something else, but it is the ONLY true carrier in the game to not have frigate options, more so it has the lowest DPS potential out of all of them... Now we have a ship that has terrible BOFF layouts, low DPS potential, and no frigate options, while the karfi gets ANOTHER tac console.

So, hopefully other people feal the same way as me, and push PW to redesign the Fleet atrox to have a higher DPS potential, and give us stalker frigate options for it, and then maybe, the ship will be used more often. PW, if you make a ship that does not suck,a nd put it on the Cstore, people will buy it...
First off, carriers were suppose to be a KDF exclusive feature since science ship were exclusive to the Federation at launch. And even at launch there were no frigate pets at all.

Considering how much Cryptic/Perfect World babies and coddles Federation players, you have very little room to complain. If you don't like playing a carrier without frigates, then don't play that ship and move back over to the "Red" side or just play a different ship.

You need to calm down. If your breaking stuff, you really need to focus on what is really important rather than get spun up into a tizzy over a silly game.

If the programmers decide to give a frigate for Federation players, it will be on their time and in the way they see fit. If you have to pay extra for it, then that is the cost of R&D to implement it. Nothing in life is completely free, and beggars can't be choosers. Unless you are willing to shell out the cash, keep your expectations low and you will not be disappointed.