1. 4 teams per league. League teams may be increased to 6 per league depending on the number of teams intrested
2. Each team will consist of a minimum of 5 players. A maximum of 3 substitutes may also be named and included in each team. Making a maximum of 8 players per team
3. Players may fly any class of ship including C-store ships.
4. No faction cross over is to be used with any teams. So no federation players on a klingon fleets team and vice versa
5. Each team plays each other twice (one home and one away match) with a total of 6 games per season. Each game will be 3 rounds.
6. 3 points will be given to the winning team of each match and 0 for the losing team. In the unlikely event that one team wins the first round, the other wins the 2nd and the 3rd one is a tie (or any combination of the 3) both teams will gain 1 point.
7. After each round you must take and post a screen shot of the PvP report and post it on the STO or KT forum and include the date of the match
8. At the end of each season the top and bottom teams in that league will be moved up or down a league where applicable
9. In the event of a tie for promotion the team with the better kills Vs deaths over all games played in that season will be promoted
10. In the event of a tie for demotion the team with the lowest Kills Vs deaths over all games played in that season will be demoted
11. Each team has a 'home' and 'away' match. The home team gets to pick the following match details;
* Ground or space
* Map used
Details of the home teams choice must be posted at least 48 hours before the match is due to commence. Failure to do so will mean the match details will be picked at random and posted on the forum. All matches used will have 15 kills per match to win
12. Each fleet may enter up to two teams, however each player, including substitutes, must only play for one team and may not be used in any other teams even if they are in different leagues. Doing so will result in that player being banned from the league and the team he/she plays for losing 6 points
13. Every team must post the main 5 players they intend to use at the start of each season, including the character and @ name of the players used. You may add the subs you wish to use at any point in the following season, however they must be named on the KT forum before the start of a match.
14. League matches will be played on Sunday at 3:30pm EST / 8:30PM GMT. Or if both teams agree you may change the time of the match to any point on the same day. Both teams must confirm the new details on the KT forum.
15. In cases where a 'no show' happens the no show team will lose by default granting 3 points and a maximum kill to death ratio to the other team and gaining the maximum kill to death ratio for the no show, unless the two teams are from the same fleet. In this case both teams will recieve 0 points and the maximum negative kill to death ratio for that match. A no show is declared 15 minutes after the match was due to start with no contact from the teams representative.
16. For each team a team captain and or a fleet contact must be named as a representative for that team and will facilitate the start of each match for their team. Both team representatives may contact each other via the Knights Templar ventrilo server if needed. If your opponent doesn't show for the match or your waiting for an invite please join the Knights Templar ventilo server. This should ensures no team states the other team didn't show when they did
17. Teams will now have a 'transfer window' between game week 3 and 4. At any point with in this 6 day period each team may change 2 of the main 5 players and 1 of the substitutes.
18. Team drop outs;
* In the event a team drops out of the league mid season all games in that season past and future will be changed to a 15-0 defeat
* The extra spot left in each league will be filled by the 2nd placed team in each lower league. Meaning two teams would be promoted that season
19. Initial league placements will be decided by an ingame role by each teams representative. The highest four rolls will be placed in league one. The next highest four rolls will be placed in league two, and so on and so forth
20. At the start of each season a link to a google doc will be posted with the fixtures and results of each match. This is the link for the first season and will be updated as the season progresses
* Optional - post or PM your voice server contact details for easy contact between fleets
why only 7 on a team, including subs? Why not just let the fleets make their own team, and that way they can field 5 anyway they want and not have to default, which gives an absurdly lopsided victory, which you've ensured will happen more often.
I had the idea of a STO wide pvp league, not just 4 teams. Why not 20 teams?
Each fleet can make thier own teams as long as they are made up of 7 players. Only 5 will be used in each match so if a player or two can't make the match you have replacements. Most fleets that enjoy PvP have a dedicated PvP team. Asking them to be online for an event at a given time isn't uncommon, look at other MMO's that have a raiding time for thier fleet/guild/etc. This isn't really that different.
The reason behind having only a few teams per league is the quick turn around. Having 20+ fleets in a single league would keep some teams in mid table for a long time and that becomes boring quickly. Add to that fleets dropping out and your looking at potentionally changing a lot of results. The league is ment to be fun and the low number of games and teams per season is ment to reflect that.
May I ask why only 1 game per match and not lets say best of 2 out of 3 games ?
Every league I have ever played in (FPS) has always had more than 1 game per match per week, I mean if you are gonna get a team together for just one 15 min match I believe we will pass till something better formulated comes about...
JP here. I represent the PVP efforts for the Knights Templar and am assisting Blackknight8x with this league. Thanks for your feedback thus far. To answer some of your first queries:
Originally Posted by Dakma
Well if the format is changed (more than just 1 game) then I would enter a team in the league especially since you mentioned Sunday which is a good day for my Fleet.
If we get enough feedback from other fleets on this point then we will certainly look into this or any other issue. After all, our goal here is to all have some fun together! Our fleet already feels that this potentially could be changed so watch this spot!
On a more salient point – it's good for everyone to know that as this league will be seasonal and ongoing, we will be reviewing the rules at the end of every season and looking to improve it as much as possible based on everyone's kind feedback.
Originally Posted by matteo716
the only thing i would be worried about is that its a mixed tourny. i dont think its a good idea to mix space and ground in one tourny.
We feel that having a mixed space and ground league helps to mix things up a bit by adding that extra element. It will certainly present a new challenge and will also ensure that the best all around team floats at the top of the league. So it will be as the borg would say something to 'adapt' to. Let's not forget that you can have up to seven players on your team. So choose wisely!
Aurora Fleet may be interested, though I'm not sure how keen we'd be on any ground PvP. There's a reason "PvP" is usually synonymous with "space" - because ground combat in STO is a messy, unfinished after-thought. I guess we can always just forfeit any ground PvP match, right?
Anyway feel free to add Valentine Fox@Middlemore to any contact list, am sure I can get a team together.