Lt. Commander
# 11
10-08-2010, 03:48 PM
/signed.

I would like to see all the promo items added to the C-Store (and even made available in game via special missions, accolades, veteran rewards, etc). I'd like to see those low level (for example the Chromodynamic Armor scale with your rank (like the Connie phasers).

BTW, what does the TR-116 do anyway?

(Note: I bought the LTS, Amazon Collector's Edition, and DDE, so I have most promo items already... I am missing the Target gun and the Steam phaser satellite thing, would like to get them for my Collection.)
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-08-2010, 04:56 PM
From what I understand the TR-116 teleports nade to baddies and offers some serious sniper stats. It is the ultimate PvP weapon - right now. People that have it simply rule the PvP matches.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-08-2010, 09:36 PM
The tr-116 isn't as powerful as most people seem to think. Given the fact that its damage doesn't scale with your level, its usefulness begins to fade past LtC. At that point its more an annoyance than anything with its high knockdown percentage.

Just my 2 cents.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-10-2010, 08:45 AM
You or your allies can still attack a knocked down opponent. Don't underestimate its effectiveness.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-10-2010, 09:13 AM
Yes but IMO using the weapon purely for the knockdown is a waste of a weapon slot. I'd much rather have a weapon capable of actually inflicting some damage.
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-10-2010, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
/signed.

I would like to see all the promo items added to the C-Store (and even made available in game via special missions, accolades, veteran rewards, etc). I'd like to see those low level (for example the Chromodynamic Armor scale with your rank (like the Connie phasers).

BTW, what does the TR-116 do anyway?

(Note: I bought the LTS, Amazon Collector's Edition, and DDE, so I have most promo items already... I am missing the Target gun and the Steam phaser satellite thing, would like to get them for my Collection.)
As per the DS9 episode, the Sniper shot shoots through walls and anything else in the way - provided you're in range of the target. It's very nifty, but currently doesn't scale.

I definitly agree - I wanted to get the Multi-Spatial Shield, but didn't get a chance, and am desperate to get my hands on the Steam deployable turret!!
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-18-2010, 12:19 PM
Hello Cryptc??? Anyone input here?
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-20-2010, 03:19 PM
No, You guys are forgetting they are not supposed to put game changing items like that rifle in the C-store. I mean, it's not a huge game changer obviously, but it is enough on an unbalance. The C-store is for vanity junk. I don't think it's going to happen. I do NOT support of any items that you buy (In C-store) that makes your char more powerful. That is not why I pay $15 a month.
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-21-2010, 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martok42 View Post
No, You guys are forgetting they are not supposed to put game changing items like that rifle in the C-store. I mean, it's not a huge game changer obviously, but it is enough on an unbalance. The C-store is for vanity junk. I don't think it's going to happen. I do NOT support of any items that you buy (In C-store) that makes your char more powerful. That is not why I pay $15 a month.
Sadly that 'genie' was let out of the bottle when they started to sell ships and races in the store.

BTW: The idea behind the whole "not supposed to put game changing items in the store" is a purely marketing thing which at the time was designed to get the community opposition to die down; think line in the sand action - but I digress... Anyway, the bottom line is the bottom line and all policy stems from there.
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-21-2010, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Spartan View Post
Sadly that 'genie' was let out of the bottle when they started to sell ships and races in the store.

BTW: The idea behind the whole "not supposed to put game changing items in the store" is a purely marketing thing which at the time was designed to get the community opposition to die down; think line in the sand action - but I digress... Anyway, the bottom line is the bottom line and all policy stems from there.
Sorry, i have to agree, once the excelsior hit, it proved a much better venture all around than the sovie did. While i do think they should add more....it needs to stay in line with the game dynamic. I too would like to see some of that pre-order stocking stuffers...only keep it within the fluff genre.