Lt. Commander
# 1 Hunting The Hunters - New Bug?
10-10-2010, 04:07 PM
Greetings everyone

I've decided to make a full playthrough with video recording of all STO main missions. When I came to "Hunting The Hunters", I did the space part without any issues, beamed down and saw my away team fighting on the wrong side of the forcefields, sometimes glitching forth and back. I had to fight my hunter group cumpletely on my own, lucky I am an engineer and got some turrets and domes I could place to purrtect meowself.

However, when I finally came to the last section where the holograms should be beamed up, the forcefields don't go down after beating the hunter group (alone again, away team is on the other side of the force field). I can't use the strange white star-shaped cunsole, nuffin! I'm trapped basically. And then suddenly more Hirogen groups spawn in, I beat those as well and nuffin changes at all.

Help? Meow!

~ Eris The Vorta
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-13-2010, 02:54 PM
Yeah I had this same problem last night. I was able to finish it, but half the time I didn't have any of my away team with me, or maybe only one or two of them with me.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-13-2010, 04:30 PM
When I did this mission (a bit ago on my main), I also had to fight the Hirogen solo. I thought it was on purpose ("the deadliest prey" and all that). I am also an engineer and I used my turrets to draw fire while I side-strafed around shooting them (using Cover Shield when I could to get my shield back up).

I did not get trapped as you describe though. Hmmm, I will have to pay more attention when I get to that mission on my alt.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-14-2010, 08:12 PM
I also had this issue. Funny part is my BO's went on a killing spree outside the shields while I was trapped inside and soloing. I did it as a tactical officer... I have to admit it was a but more painful than I remember it being with my engineer.

I did make a bug report on it however.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-15-2010, 12:29 AM
Yeah i had the same bug, already reported it like a month ago.
Though i have to admit fighting the Hirogen solo was actually kinda fun, nice challange.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-16-2010, 10:41 AM
I had the same problem but randomly some of the team would make it through the force field in the last 2 areas but it is definately a frustrating bug.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-18-2010, 11:47 AM
I just read the last Engineering report and there is nothing about trying to fix this mission.

I have 3 VAs so I had not played this mission in a while. But last night, I got a new alt up to CDR and tried this mission. As soon as I activated the transport node, I went to the next spot while my BOs when elsewhere. That is NOT how this mission used to work.

I hope they fix it soon.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-20-2010, 07:38 AM
I don't think it's new. I had problems like this months ago. Or is there a subtle difference? I know my BOs beamed not with me and were doing something on their own, outside the forcefield.

It's similar to the bug in the DS9 Mission where the Terran Empire "infiltrates" DS9. Sometimes I end up there without BOs. In that case I thought I was supposed to be a lone (it made sense for the story not to have a full BO team with me). It was a little... tough, fighting the enemies alone.
For the Hirogen mission I knew better from a previous mission.

Maybe they should fix these missions to really be without your BOs - but then they need to balance it accordingly.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-22-2010, 01:42 AM
Yeah well not only do I transport by myself,but I cannot deactivate the shields either. There are posts on this and other bugs on this missions going back till april. I've tried it like 5 times now. I guess I'll drop it again and try again. I too thought you were supposed to transport alone,and that part was cool,a little hard but I beat them. Unfortunately I cant magically make the shields go down or walk tru them like my bridge officers can. How bout a fix Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-23-2010, 05:04 PM
Just thought I would add that I am also experiencing this issue. Extremely frustrating is that a GM told me that this mission is functioning normally. So now this makes a third mission I need to skip on this character that is not fixed and has been an issue for months.