Lt. Commander
# 1 Cracked Core
09-14-2010, 05:35 AM
The Defari Mission where the player warps in to liberate the Breen Mine as several frigates and cruisers that are too close together. As a LTG in the KDF, and very effectivly using ALL of my bridge officer skills, my Battlecruiser still gets swarmed very quickly. I have to destoy the frigates first, one at a time getting blown up each time. Cryptic could fix this by spreading the sprites further appart on the map. Since there is plenty of room on that map, this should be an easy fix.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-14-2010, 05:54 AM
I thought this was a nice way to increase the challenge of the map. I think you can avoid them all attacking you at the same time, if you are careful where you maneuver. Attack the outer ships first, and ensure that you move away from the centre and the other ships. One an enemy is hunting you, he will keep doing it. It is easy to lose the overview of where you are heading.
Also don't hesitate to use Evasive Maneuvers and get out when it's getting to hot.

If you're not playing on Normal difficulty, you could try lowering the difficulty, too. But I don't think that will be necessary if you usually do fine on your chosen difficulty.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-14-2010, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
I thought this was a nice way to increase the challenge of the map. I think you can avoid them all attacking you at the same time, if you are careful where you maneuver. Attack the outer ships first, and ensure that you move away from the centre and the other ships. One an enemy is hunting you, he will keep doing it. It is easy to lose the overview of where you are heading.
Also don't hesitate to use Evasive Maneuvers and get out when it's getting to hot.

If you're not playing on Normal difficulty, you could try lowering the difficulty, too. But I don't think that will be necessary if you usually do fine on your chosen difficulty.
I was using all of my powers, both the Bridge officers and Captain abilites. I usually play on normal as I don't like to pay to heal damage. Even with my ship almost in a stall and attacking the frigates on the ends first, my ship gets destroyed. All I am saying is that the enemy ships need more space between them. If a player wants the challenge, he or she can still cause the enemy sprites to follow them in a train effect.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-14-2010, 11:55 PM
I had no trouble with the Breen on my Raptor. Fire at max range, agro the ship far enough from the others and then go on the offensive.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-15-2010, 10:58 AM
I don't see a need for a fix. I did itr with my Klingon and Federation characters. It may need a little thought and tactics, but it is certainly completeable. A little challenge is good.