Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Boff Power Issue
05-08-2011, 09:38 PM
Well I noticed this weekend while leveling an alt. When i got to RALH3 and was notified of my new captain level skills. I go to my Power tray and find my fleet support guess what else I found an EPtE1. I was able to slot it and use like it was supposed to be there. I submitted a bug ticket, 1,109,823. I will check to see if it effects CDs but here is a link to a screenshot. I only posted this here because of the ramifications if this bug/exploit is widely availabe for pvp. My ship is a Fleet escort.


http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...n59/tempss.jpg


This one is a shot where I resized my interface so you can see my power bar more clearly.


http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...8-23-59-30.jpg
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
05-09-2011, 02:25 AM
Does it belong to one of your officers that is not in a station? Can you access the other powers of that unused officer (via the "P" power menu)?

If yes, then do not fear, this bug has been reported in december (and maybe even before that). So Cryptic will have it fixed by season 13. http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=210036 might be relevant too.
If no, then you have found a new bug. Duck and cover, I suppose.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
05-09-2011, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom
Does it belong to one of your officers that is not in a station? Can you access the other powers of that unused officer (via the "P" power menu)?

If yes, then do not fear, this bug has been reported in december (and maybe even before that). So Cryptic will have it fixed by season 13. http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=210036 might be relevant too.
If no, then you have found a new bug. Duck and cover, I suppose.
I will have to check if I have a boff with that skill but it is the only extraneous power in my tray. I checked too bad it couldn't be something useful to my build lol
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
05-09-2011, 05:15 PM
I came home and checked and I can access the all the powers of an boff assigned to my ship. If I promote her like any other boff I can get access to all levels of her powers in this case eng, and I am in a fleet escort. Screen shot below, the 4 powers are on the bottom tray grouped together.

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...9-19-09-05.jpg
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
05-10-2011, 05:14 AM
Lol, outrageous.....*facepalm*

Now if only I could get an extra eng on my fleet escort, that would be beautiful
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
05-10-2011, 05:58 AM
Hmm. That sounds like a very ... unhealthy bug. Thanks for finding this out.

If I remember correctly, the suggested way to deal with exploitable bugs like this is:
  • Don't post on it on the forums. (You might be off safer editing your posts to remove all details on the exploit to avoid infractions.)
  • File a Bug Ticket detailing the bug.
  • File a GM Ticket referrencing the Bug Ticket warning about the exploitable nature of the bug.
I think listing bug ticket ids is not against the rules, you could also post in the Bug Section and refer to the ticket ids but no details...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7 Boom!
05-10-2011, 06:11 AM
And as always, this message will self destruct...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
05-10-2011, 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
  • File a Bug Ticket detailing the bug.
  • File a GM Ticket referrencing the Bug Ticket warning about the exploitable nature of the bug.
I am not sure whether a GM ticket had been filed when this was bug reported back in december, but this definitely means that Cryptic have not yet caught up with bug reports from 6 months ago. This is not a surprise, considering that the Voldemort incident had been bug reported and posted on the Bug Report forum for several weeks (without being moderated) before attention was drawn to it from the pvp forums.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
05-10-2011, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom
I am not sure whether a GM ticket had been filed when this was bug reported back in december, but this definitely means that Cryptic have not yet caught up with bug reports from 6 months ago. This is not a surprise, considering that the Voldemort incident had been bug reported and posted on the Bug Report forum for several weeks (without being moderated) before attention was drawn to it from the pvp forums.
It seems so. Quite possible that whoever is reading through this does not or cannot prioritize things. (Or the bug is so fiendishly difficult to fix that we haven't seen a fix yet.) But t hat is what the GM Tickets are for. Explicitely tell someone that is expected to reply within 24 h to look at it and think about what to do (even if he or she can only report things to a superior or some such...). At least that's what I get from the moderators suggestiong this course of action.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
05-10-2011, 08:17 AM
I reported this bug the night I found it. I have not posted a way to re-create it because honestly I do not know how it happened but I was messing with it yesterday and realized I could get all 4 eng boff skills from a commander boff. while I was experimenting I removed the bug totally and cannot get it back. All I did was assign the boff in question and the bug fixed itself. All this aside it does bring into question whether rightly or wrongly about the integrity of people in the is game even if it is just perception. This bug can drive the final nail into the coffin of this game if not rectified immediately.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:43 AM.