Lt. Commander
# 1 The Tribble Terrarium!
09-14-2010, 09:10 AM
Hello everyone!

So I've decided to chime in on something that I thought could use a little bit of work.

Tribbles.

I'm not sure about anyone else, but I love Tribbles. I think it's a cool little feature in Star Trek Online. With that being said, however, I hate how I have so many Tribbles and either have to destroy or hide my food OR destroy any insignificant Tribble (perish the thought!) just so that they don't replicate.

To remedy this I present the Tribble Terrarium found on your starship in Science Lab 1.

Purpose: To provide the player with information and a place not only to breed their Tribbles but to also view them inside their starship! Others can see them too!

Accompanying Image: Science Lab 1 - Tribble Terrarium

To access your Tribble Terranium, one can do so either from its own button in the inventory window or by going down into the science lab. Players can equip specific Tribbles from their inventory window. You'll need to visit the interior of your ship to actually go and breed them (makes it a point to actually go inside your ship and make it useful).

In the actual window for the Tribble Terranium you have a few sections.

The first section on the left will show all the current Tribbles you have as well as the ones you don't have (greyed out). From there you can click on any of those Tribbles and on the top right part of the screen you'll get information about that specific breed of Tribble and it's effects.

(Another option that can be added to this is the type of food that the particular Tribble enjoys to eat. It can also show the Tribbles it can breed with and into.)

Below that is the breeding window. From here you can drag one or two Tribbles from the left and into the appropriate slots. Then, you simply add a catalyst (such as the Tribble's food of choice) and watch them go! You can access your catalysts or food from the Inventory window.. perhaps it could be renamed as Replicator.

From the window adjacent to that you'll see your two Tribbles. They will additionally make the occasional cooing sound.

When a new breed of Tribble has been created you'll get an announcement on your screen and it will also appear in your Tribble inventory for you to choose from.

Not only would this allow for Tribble breeding to be a bit more entertaining but it could also potentially save you on inventory space AND save some of the food you don't want those Tribbles to eat!

Additional Info

I'd like to add that another cool feature that I think could be added to the game in relation to Tribbles is for us to pick a room (similar to the trophy shelves) where we want our Tribbles to be displayed. We could have a bunch of Tribbles in our ready room, engineering, sickbay or even the lounge and when you or your friends walk in one of those rooms they'd see alot of Tribbles.

Anyhow, just an idea!
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-14-2010, 09:26 AM
I love it! We diffenetly need some kind of Tribble management system and why not use that Science lab? Great idea!

Might I also suggest adding a pop up "Tribble Tree" so you can track which tribbles are needed to create other kinds?
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-14-2010, 09:29 AM
I completely agree! I wanted to safe my remaining Deferi Snow Tubers, but I couldn't because my inventory and bank are full of Tribbles! Eventually I just plopped them on a BO I wasn't using. Interface looks nice... I would like this a lot.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-14-2010, 09:32 AM
Someone should tell the Tribbler to read this. He/She/It would have a joygasm.
Lt. Commander
# 5 Tribblerarium
09-14-2010, 09:36 AM
Hi Sir,

I love this idea of a Tribblerarium and would like to see it realized.
What must we do to see this Tribblerarium realized CRYPTIC ?

Allfather
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-14-2010, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore_Rook View Post
Might I also suggest adding a pop up "Tribble Tree" so you can track which tribbles are needed to create other kinds?
I'm sure something like that could be incorporated. I'm going for a nap so when I get back I'll work around with it and see what I can come up with.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-14-2010, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore_Rook View Post
Here's version two with the button to go to a 'Breeding Table' as you asked for. I didn't really feel the necessity to remake a table mostly because there's already a really good one.

Tribble Breeding Table

Anyhow, here's version two of the interface. I've also changed the Inventory button to Replicator.

The Tribble Terrarium
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-14-2010, 12:59 PM
BRILLIANT!!!!.....I love this idea.......
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-14-2010, 01:08 PM
Looks fantastic. I support this idea 100%.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-14-2010, 01:27 PM
Great idea and I will fully support it. As a collector and breeder I wanted to see something like this implemented from the start. I think Cryptic should at least consider this idea, but not necessarily work on it at the expense of other, more important things.
Closed Thread