Lt. Commander
# 1 New Support Site Feedback
09-14-2010, 03:58 PM
Hi everyone!

Now that you've all had some time to utilize the new tools available on our new revamped support site, we'd like to know what you all think of the improvements we've made!

So, if you've filed a ticket through the new support site, utilized the live chat feature to sort a billing issue, or searched our knowledge base to find a ready solution to a problem you were experiencing, please feel free to provide your feedback in this thread.

If you've not had a chance to use the new site, but have a related question to ask, please feel free to post that here as well.

Also, while I'm talking about the new support site...

Did you know you can now reach the community team by filing a community ticket through our support site? It's true! You can now reach myself, and other members of the community team in the same way you would reach any other support staff!
  • Want to dispute that forum infraction I gave you last night for calling that other poster a meany poopy jerk face?
  • Wonder why the community team closed down that thread you just posted in that hadn't seen any activity since Adam first started dating Eve?
  • Maybe you have a question about our moderation policies, because you want to make sure you never get banned from the forums!
  • Or maybe, just maybe, you have some awesome feedback but are too shy to post it on the forums for fear of being trolled by other members of the community!

Well, now you can file a community ticket!

Again, please feel free to leave your feedback below.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-14-2010, 04:23 PM
Meany poopy jerk face?!

Okay, that was good.

I did have a chance to research some bug tickets I submitted a while back with the new site. So far my thoughts are this:

1.) When I first saw the site, I clicked on My Tickets (because I was looking for my tickets! ) and when I did, it said to "Log in" to see my ticket history.. okay.

2.) But no where on the site is there a "Login" button.

Only later do you realize that by clicking on "My Account" it would present me with a login workflow. Not intuitive. I'm not looking for my account info but my ticket information.

So my initial suggestion is to get a Login button in addition to the My Account button.

Also, as an added feature request. If I am logged into the STO Site, when I click on this site, it should pass my authentication info, but it doesn't. Kinda should.

Thanks for the hard work Stormy!
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-14-2010, 05:22 PM
therew was only one person in que in front of me and still took over 4 hours, and then they could not help me any ways

Please keep your posts clean. ~GM Tiyshen
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-14-2010, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by papajam View Post
therew was only one person in que in front of me and still took over 4 hours, and then they could not help me any ways
hmmm... fascinating. I just tried out the chat here to see what the service is like, as I had a question about my purchase history of cryptic points, and the chat UI didn't indicate at all whether I was first in line or if there was anyone in front of me in the queue.

Furthermore, It took Cryptic Account support only 1 minute to respond to my chat request, and then only an additional 7 minutes to get the data I was looking for. All in all it worked pretty well.

Are you sure you didn't attempt to start a chat support session with the DMV?

Also, weren't you the one in TTS channel that said that you were "So outta here, as soon as your lifetime subscription ran out?" LOL
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-14-2010, 07:06 PM
My comments about the new Support site:

1) When I log into the game and then open IE, the browser already has my credentials when I visit startrekonline.com. I don't have to log into it to check my account or my forum subscriptions. Even if I don't open the game, the STO main page can save my ID info. And/or if I'm in either STO or the forums, I log into either and they share info. However, when I visit the Support site, I have to log in again. This is annoying.

2) I used Live Chat once to talk to a rep about a billing issue. I don't mean any particular offense, but that person had to be the slowest typist in the world. I'm serious. I'm talking about 3-5min to type a dozen or so words after the "John Doe is typing a response" message popped up. I'd suggest if you're going to have people performing Live Chat support that they be able to type at a reasonable speed.

3) Is there a way to see my Closed tickets? I can't find that. Also, how do I edit/add more info to an existing ticket?
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-15-2010, 05:26 AM
nice new site but in the past i could the see the next maintenance window very fast by clicking on server status, now i will be redirected to the new support side.
this was a feature i miss now...
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-21-2010, 09:47 AM
ez breezy lemon squeazy
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-26-2010, 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Hi everyone!

Now that you've all had some time to utilize the new tools available on our new revamped support site, we'd like to know what you all think of the improvements we've made!

So, if you've filed a ticket through the new support site, utilized the live chat feature to sort a billing issue, or searched our knowledge base to find a ready solution to a problem you were experiencing, please feel free to provide your feedback in this thread.

If you've not had a chance to use the new site, but have a related question to ask, please feel free to post that here as well.

Also, while I'm talking about the new support site...

Did you know you can now reach the community team by filing a community ticket through our support site? It's true! You can now reach myself, and other members of the community team in the same way you would reach any other support staff!
  • Want to dispute that forum infraction I gave you last night for calling that other poster a meany poopy jerk face?
  • Wonder why the community team closed down that thread you just posted in that hadn't seen any activity since Adam first started dating Eve?
  • Maybe you have a question about our moderation policies, because you want to make sure you never get banned from the forums!
  • Or maybe, just maybe, you have some awesome feedback but are too shy to post it on the forums for fear of being trolled by other members of the community!

Thanks,

Stormshade
In Addition to adding a carryover of the Log-In from one legit site to the other, as has been suggested here a couple of times, also Add a Quick Link Button on this forum so that as time passes, this Topic does not get Flushed out the Back door, and thus Lost forever??
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-04-2010, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Hi everyone!

I went to the site but did not see what was advertised in this thread.

I saw no place to file a ticket through the support site, it only directs you back to this one.

Or maybe, just maybe, you have some awesome feedback but are too shy to post it on the forums for fear of being trolled by other members of the commu re nity!

I saw no place to post STO feed back in the forum, when you click on the STO forum thread it just redirects you to return to this site. It does have a mixed and matched community support tab, but all questions for all games are being asked questions of.

I saw no way to file a community ticket on the support site, I attempted to start a ticket and it sent me back to this site.

Thanks,

Stormshade
So I have to say the support site gets a low grade from me, the only thing that seemed to be a support site helpful feature as advertised was the Online Billing Support.

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-11-2010, 07:01 PM
the billing support is helpful and very good, the fixers and devs suck, they all should be fired.

i know sounds harsh but its true, the customer service people are awesome. and deserve raises. the devs or fix it people dont have a clue as to how to fix anything, they seem to know how to break what isnt broken. they broke my debit card and kept claiming they working on it closed ticket an gave me a computer generated ticket. know after a week of this i used same card for pay pal went through in less then a minute. other people are having problems with lifetime memberships logging into there accounts. its unbelieveable. you cant talk to a supervisor to complain about the devs being terrible. i called atari in nyc and left a phone message with some guy last week and didnt get a responce.