Lt. Commander
# 1 Morning Rant
09-15-2010, 06:24 AM
Was trying to do a little C&H on a Klink toon this AM. Know this has been said before, but it's been a while I think since a thread got locked here.

/rant on

To the Klinks AFK'ing in Cap and Hold -

May you all contract California Rectal Hot Tub Gonorrehea.
May your private parts whither, may your backside burn like you are trying to pass a twisted sardine can lid, and smell like a pile of burning tractor tires.

(Klinks only btw, I expect it Fedside)

/rant off

Thanks for your attention to this important matter.

Waff
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-15-2010, 06:47 AM
Most likely those Klinks are just some fed alt's?
Not that such makes it any better to have players who do not do anything but wait for the match to be over.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-15-2010, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Not that such makes it any better to have players who do not do anything but wait for the match to be over.
This.......

No self respecting Klingon would sit with his pud in hand when there is blood to be spilt.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-15-2010, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
That's a nice story and if it helps you sleep at night, it might work.

But that's what you will get when the KDF gets more content so that more then hardcore PvPers start playing the KDF. You can call them out as "just Fed Alts", but it's the price ot pay for becoming more accessible and interesting to the "unwashed" MMO masses. If the Klingon "sample size" grows larger, you will also get more bad apples.

At least you can say of yourself you played Klingon before it became cool. Or something.

Mustrum "AFKers can go to their faction particular Gre'Thors" Ridcully
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-15-2010, 08:00 AM
Yep, the bad effect of getting more Klingon PvE content is Klingons who either won't fight or can't fight. Sad, really.

"Be careful what you wish for."
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-15-2010, 08:20 AM
Do you know if they were even afk? Did they have zero points on the scoreboard? Because they might have been kicked out at the beginning. I also know players who will stay out of the fight if it's unfair - were the teams even?
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-15-2010, 08:37 AM
I wasn't in a capture and hold but I was in an arena fight last night, good match 3 v 3, I was fed side we were really going at it had a great time, but after each side got to about 8 or 9 kills I noticed that the klingons were missing a person. So at the end of the game I asked if they just left, and they said no he just sat in the middle of map cloaked and didn't want to die anymore. In my opinion that is just as bad as going afk from the start, way to let your side down just cause you didn't want to die anymore. And coming from a klingon, even worse, I expect that kind of thing from the fed side, lol.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-15-2010, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
That's a nice story and if it helps you sleep at night, it might work.

But that's what you will get when the KDF gets more content so that more then hardcore PvPers start playing the KDF. You can call them out as "just Fed Alts", but it's the price ot pay for becoming more accessible and interesting to the "unwashed" MMO masses. If the Klingon "sample size" grows larger, you will also get more bad apples.

At least you can say of yourself you played Klingon before it became cool. Or something.

Mustrum "AFKers can go to their faction particular Gre'Thors" Ridcully
The question mark at the end of the sentence denotes my statement as a question. Loaded though it may have been, I was asking outloud possibly that the klingons in question are the alt's of feds players who do not like pvp but have no choice do to limited KDF content. There appearance niether bothers me or enrages me, as I have fun win or lose in pvp and apoligize for the vaugeness of my first statement.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-15-2010, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheYak
Do you know if they were even afk? Did they have zero points on the scoreboard? Because they might have been kicked out at the beginning. I also know players who will stay out of the fight if it's unfair - were the teams even?
Yes, what prompted me to post a rant was the fact that the same individual ( who shall remain nameless ) AFK'd three C&H's in a row. I pm'd him the 2nd and 3rd match to no effect. This is at LG level, btw.

The third match one of the guys that was playing the first two matches apparently gave up O.o
So the matches were 3 v 4, 4,v 5, and finally 3 v 5.

This was in the C&H that prompted the post. I have noticed a few Klink AFK's recently in C&H, guess I just hit my limit. I don't remember this kind of thing to this extent Klink side before at BG/ now LG, although that may be because I mostly arena and of late have been leveling my Sci Klink. Don't consider myself any kind of uber Klink, just have enjoyed the fact that generally Klinks in PVP were there to PVP. Works both ways, if I want a challenge (aka "my butt handed to me") I will jump on a Fed toon and pug arena on an off nite ^^

Waff
Lt. Commander
# 10 weak
09-15-2010, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheYak
I also know players who will stay out of the fight if it's unfair - were the teams even?
That's weak. I seriously hope no players are ruining the experience for others while they take time to pout. I'd prefer they pout after the match if they really feel it necessarry. Throw out a 'gg - but teams were uneven', if you feel the need to defend the loss but don't sit there pouting. It's a bit childish.