Lt. Commander
# 1 The Time has Come
11-13-2011, 10:03 AM
My Klingon brothers, we are all well aware of the treachery of the J'mpok and his allies, and it is time the we restore true honor to the Empire, we must overthrow J'mpok!

Yeah..anyhoo, i thought of this while reading the Federation/Klingon Peace treaty idea that was thrown out a while ago. Through out every series of Star Trek, there has always been unstable government, and I feel that STO doesnt take advantage of the political factors of their own universe. Maybe that peace treaty isnt such a bad idea, if the Klingons split up maybe between factions supporting J'mpok and a challenging house (maybe players can choose sides?) they could introduce a more concentrated Romulan or Dominion threat or something. It would really shake things up on the Klingon side, and make the whole story line a whole lot more interesting. Just my two bits, of course this would happen in like season 9 or 10, but just throwing it out there. Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-13-2011, 10:14 AM
Could even lay the frame work for the Empire eventually joining the Federation. If I'm not mistaken, it does in the 26th century, doesn't it? Maybe Worf vs J'mpok for the fate of the Klingon people.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-13-2011, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint01
Could even lay the frame work for the Empire eventually joining the Federation. If I'm not mistaken, it does in the 26th century, doesn't it? Maybe Worf vs J'mpok for the fate of the Klingon people.
It happened in an alternate timeline where Enterprise did not destroy the spheres in the Delphic Expanse and the Expanse nearly encompassed the entire quadrant.
In what way does it make any sense to say "it happens" when it happened in an alternate timeline?
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-13-2011, 11:19 AM
Come on n ow, you know that requires them to make klingon story missions...
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-13-2011, 11:19 AM
Totally support this. Always felt the Klingon side to be lacking without Martok - he was legendary. It's a shame he can't be brought back somehow. I'm tempted to go to Quadra Sigma, hijack the temporal portal and fetch him back!

It would be good canon Klingon wise to have some form of system whereby the player could pledge alligance to a specific House - could also tie in with territory-control and PVP related aspects of the game as an extension. But yeah - we Klingons definately need some political intrigue and back-stabbing just to make it feel more...homely.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-13-2011, 12:24 PM
Im sure they can think of a way to revive him, I mean, how many times did Spock die, 8? :p The Klingons have always been far to heavily based on PvP, and I'm awful at that stuff. You can really see the difference between the Klingon and Feds now with the new episode layout. The KDF is really lacking in in story. I would love them to explore some more internal klingon issues, thats untapped stuff right there.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-13-2011, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NX-89
Totally support this. Always felt the Klingon side to be lacking without Martok - he was legendary. It's a shame he can't be brought back somehow. I'm tempted to go to Quadra Sigma, hijack the temporal portal and fetch him back!

It would be good canon Klingon wise to have some form of system whereby the player could pledge alligance to a specific House - could also tie in with territory-control and PVP related aspects of the game as an extension. But yeah - we Klingons definately need some political intrigue and back-stabbing just to make it feel more...homely.
I'm likeing the idea of subfactions within the KDF. Since it was J'm'Pok that deposed Martok, there has to be much animosity between his house and that of Lady Sirrella's. Especially since the revived House of Duras greatly supports J'm'Pok. There is much potential for PvE roleyplaying exploring the conflict between the three houses.

Last I checked, there are seven or eight great houses in the Empire. It would be wonderful if the players could declare themselves to a house(on a weekly or monthly basis), and the results of their actions were tallied up. Daliy House Missions, and the results of KvK arena, assault, capture, and space war missions could be recorded and influence the house score based on the performance of the player. There could be a scoreboard for each of the Houses to see who controls the Empire for the week. A benifit of this could be cheaper prices at vendors, and less samples for crafting items.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-13-2011, 08:00 PM
As a real life Klingon costumer who's house is allied with The House Of Martok I agree! This is a great idea.

Qapla Batlh Je!
Marok
XO IKV Emperor's Hand (Cold Terror Fleet of The Klingon Assault Group)
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-14-2011, 11:03 AM
Remember before launch they kept saying Martok was going to be the current Chancellor, then the game launches and no Martok....we get Jm'pok a Chancellor with a weak background, appearance and character. I dont like it at all.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-14-2011, 11:51 AM
Well since Torg was one of Jm'pok's key allies and was proved to be a traitor it's seems clear that Jm'pok is about as much what the Empire needs as a Tribble conservation programme. How epicly Klingon would it be have a story arc that features the overthrowing of the Jm'pok administration? And at the risk of sounding like a broken record...the Empire NEEDS Martok. The Klingon side needs memorable and significant figures of substance like Martok, or Chang (although he's too far back in history to be brought back unless the Guardian of Forever is taking requests).

Personally I reckon there's some serious mileage in this type of Klingon expansion - not only would be be more canon but would also go towards appeasing the Klingon player-base. Hopefully, once the dust has settled from the F2P conversion, this will be an area looked at by the devs as part of the commitment to increased Klingon content. Because, to be honest, throughout the entire Trek canon, the two instances where the Klingons are at their best is in times of war or internal political turmoil and from how the current in-game story goes, the war angle has stagnated - so bring on 'plan B'!