Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
I just ran through the Rescue captured Deferi mission with a Klingon character for the first time. Apparently, since Klingons are not stealthy, they have the option of paying a ransom, firing at the Breen or leaving the Breen alone. After playing the mission as a Federation character, and immensely enjoying the stealthy solution your Bridge Officers come up with, I was wondering whether the Klingons could come up with a similar, if not identical solution.

The answer was actually very simple! The Klingons while not being very stealthy, do believe in Honor and fighting for a cause. So, I figured the following dialog could be added:
You :: [ I wish to speak to a Deferi ]

Breen :: That would be as if I wished to speak to your lowliest engineer.

Your Engineer :: HA! To imply a Deferi slave capable of handling complex engineering! I see now why the Breen lose every battle with us!

Breen :: WHAT?!?!? You insult the Breen!!

You :: [ As a Klingon Captain, I am honor-bound to defend my crew, I therefore demand your Captain fight me in Bat'leth combat! ]
The Breen captain then accepts the challenge, and as your Transporter Chief transports the Breen captain to your Mess Hall, you instruct your Engineer to decipher the shield frequencies of the Breen ship and while you fight the Breen Captain, your Transporter Chief transports the Deferi slaves!

If you win the battle with the Breen Captain, he is transported back to his ship upon defeat, if you lose the battle, the mission fails and you have to restart the whole thing from scratch!

What do you think Cryptic? Can this be added please?!

EDIT :: I just thought about another way to modify the mission for KDF players, have the Deferi slaves actually tell us that they'd rather die than live as slaves serving the Breen. That way I at least won't feel like a murderer when I destroy both them and the Breen that captured them. You could also have our KDF Captain play a "recording" of the Deferi slaves to the Deferi Ambassador before he rewards us for killing his people in an "honorable" and "balanced" way.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-15-2010, 07:44 PM
lol I may roll a KDF char just to play that.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-15-2010, 07:46 PM
Sounds reasonable. Paying latinum to free some slaves doesn't sound like the Klingon thing to do. Disabling shields, beaming them aboard, then destroying the Breen ship does sound like the Klingon thing to do.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-15-2010, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post

Your Engineer :: HA! To imply a Deferi slave capable of handling complex engineering! I see now why the Breen lose every battle with us!

You :: [ As a Klingon Captain, I am honor-bound to defend my crew, I therefore demand your Captain fight me in Bat'leth combat! ]
That is so full of WIN!

Like you, I was a bit disappointed that we only got to blow them up; but that was mitigated somewhat by the indignation of my female Orion tactical officer.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-15-2010, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by disposeable View Post
lol I may roll a KDF char just to play that.
I was striving to provide an even more amusing gameplay than the Federation has.
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Sounds reasonable. Paying latinum to free some slaves doesn't sound like the Klingon thing to do. Disabling shields, beaming them aboard, then destroying the Breen ship does sound like the Klingon thing to do.
Especially after a good duel to the Death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfeef View Post
That is so full of WIN!
Thank you, I do hope to write interesting story-arcs when the UGC tool-set comes out, so imaginary practice is always good and fun.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-16-2010, 01:10 AM
This would be a great!
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-16-2010, 01:15 AM
Quote:
I just ran through the Rescue captured Deferi mission with a Klingon character for the first time. Apparently, since Klingons are not stealthy, they have the option of paying a ransom, firing at the Breen or leaving the Breen alone. After playing the mission as a Federation character, and immensely enjoying the stealthy solution your Bridge Officers come up with, I was wondering whether the Klingons could come up with a similar, if not identical solution.

The answer was actually very simple! The Klingons while not being very stealthy, do believe in Honor and fighting for a cause. So, I figured the following dialog could be added:

The Breen captain then accepts the challenge, and as your Transporter Chief transports the Breen captain to your Mess Hall, you instruct your Engineer to decipher the shield frequencies of the Breen ship and while you fight the Breen Captain, your Transporter Chief transports the Deferi slaves!

If you win the battle with the Breen Captain, he is transported back to his ship upon defeat, if you lose the battle, the mission fails and you have to restart the whole thing from scratch!

It would be awsome, though I'm not sure the Breen would accept a melee battle, they have a kinda 'bendable' honor code it seems. They may just as well fire on your ship. Either way a 3rd options a must.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-16-2010, 01:16 AM
While I'd love to see something a bit more involved, like instead of beaming the Defari off as is the Fed option you get the option to beam an away team over and free the Defari that way. I know that would be more complex than your solution, but it is what I'd like to see.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-16-2010, 01:36 AM
Quote:

I like the gist of it, but you are intersecting in the dialog to early, I think. You need to insert new dialogue after you have refused to pay Latinum, or at least after the Latinum option was suggested by the Breen.

Maybe the best way would be to let the argument "devolve" into an argument where you explain that trying to sell slaves to you is an insult maybe?
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-16-2010, 02:17 AM
i would either like an option to board their ship and take them back by force, or after attacking them and their shields are down have an option to beam them off.

im not sure the breen captain would agree to a bat'leth fight but it would be fun