Lt. Commander
Iíd like to suggest a change to the rules regarding daily missions. Iíd like to see the daily missions be repeatable based on calendar days, not based on 20 or 24 clock hours.

I frequently play STO in the evenings, but sometimes I can play in the mornings or afternoons, too. If I complete a daily mission one evening and have time during the day to play the next day, I still have to wait until the evening to play the daily mission again. Like many people, I canít always play at similar times every day, so I often have to wait until the following day to play again.

So I suggest the change. From my view, thereís no real down side. Comments?
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-16-2010, 01:47 PM
the only problem with that is that some people might exploit it by changing the timezone on their computer, which would allow them to do more than one daily per day.
Lt. Commander
# 3 Time zones.....
09-16-2010, 03:12 PM
Ok, maybe, but wouldn't the system's clock be the determining factor, not the user's?
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-17-2010, 01:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACES_HIGH View Post
the only problem with that is that some people might exploit it by changing the timezone on their computer, which would allow them to do more than one daily per day.
Allso an issue if you are crossing the international date line. When I took off from Incheon-Seoul at 10am, I landed at 9am THE SAME DAY in SeaTac. I should not be punished for physically changing time zones. Maybe change the cool down time to 16-18 hours. Also, I would like the cool down time restored. I liked being reminded how much more time I must wait to restart a mission that way I can maximize my play experience.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-17-2010, 01:27 AM
On first thought I would say go for the across the board reset of dailies server side at some designated time every day that would reset all dailies for all players no matter when they got them done.

Say for example that we got rid of the individual timers and went with one "daily" timer that reset at 3 A.M..
All things designated as "daily" would link to that one timer and would reset at that one designated time.
Of course it does not have to be 3 A.M, could be earlier or later.

I acknoweledge the possibility of an issue with timezones with this suggestion.
The degree of the impact would just be a guess on my part.

At any rate, it is just another suggestion to add to the pile.