Lt. Commander
# 21
09-17-2010, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyShoe
Are you guys sure you are still visible to the enemy team under MES? I've marched my big fat VoQuv up to players without them seeming to notice.
I've done the same with MES 2 in 1 on 1 combat I pretty much flew right up behind (less than 5km) the cruiser and then blasted the poor thing to pieces. I did this three times before they got tired of dying and quit.

~D
Lt. Commander
# 22
09-17-2010, 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by disposeable View Post
Hmmm like a battery? Limited duration and long cool down?

Wait wait.... Klingon captain: "Waaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaa. I don't want feddies to be able to run and cloak like I do!" Stomps feet "Waaaaaaaaa."

There now that thats out of the way, I think it would be a cool thing to have. Especialy if it was a battle cloak so the larger kdf ships and feds could take advantage of that particulat strategy. But you have to loose the damage bonus on decloak, only fair.

There is actually already Cannon for the federation to have a cloak. Watch TNG Episode "Pegasus". The only thing keeping the federation from having functional cloaking technology is the treaty with the Romulans. But since the federation is at war with the Romulans in STO, that treaty would be voided and the federation should be developing cloaking technology.
Lt. Commander
# 23
09-17-2010, 08:14 PM
I do think different cloaking devices could be an awesome new device slot even if it is a unique item from loot you can never get again.

Right now the device slot seems just useless to me...I mean sure batteries but I find I do not use the much.

Some cloaking device slot ideas:

Romulan Cloak- 15% crit chance for 5 seconds
Klingon Cloak- 15% dmg increase for 5 seconds
Borrowed Federation Cloak- 15% dmg resist for 5 seconds
Breen Cloak- 15% bleedthrough dmg for 5 seconds

I put 5 seconds because I think that is what the current cloak does....these cloaking devices would NOT be battle cloak and could have 10 min CD's when you exit cloak...just to make it different from the free versions.

This could be one cool new device item idea but it would be sweet to get more device items...and cloak could make a sweet option.
Lt. Commander
# 24
09-18-2010, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
As a Borg I take great offence to this post.
I'm a "liberated" Borg looking to wipe out the Borg.

Now what does that tell ya?

:p
Lt. Commander
# 25
09-18-2010, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redheadguy
I'm a "liberated" Borg looking to wipe out the Borg.

Now what does that tell ya?

:p
That you're nuts xD

We are secret agents of the borg for crying out loud... You can't attack our own people XD
Lt. Commander
# 26
09-18-2010, 10:32 AM
I think they could do alot with the device slots, or they could create consoles that expire after a set period of time ( 2-3 days). They could create battle cloaks, tranphasic cloaks, super speed consoles, immunity devices, etc etc... These devices consoles, could be super rare, like 1 every 40-60 hours of game play, and they would only be good for a short amount of time if it was a console and obviously good to use only once if it was a device. This would provide the population with more diverse game play.
Lt. Commander
# 27
09-20-2010, 07:07 AM
The idea just seems like a "get-around" so battle cloaking can be a game-wide thing rather than left to just those factiosnthat have it and the few fed ships that posses it as well. Its a cheap attempt at giving all a "suppossed I WIN" ability and nothing more
If the OP wants cloaking on a fed ship- buy a fed ship with cloaking.
Lt. Commander
# 28
09-20-2010, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
The idea just seems like a "get-around" so battle cloaking can be a game-wide thing rather than left to just those factiosnthat have it and the few fed ships that posses it as well. Its a cheap attempt at giving all a "suppossed I WIN" ability and nothing more
If the OP wants cloaking on a fed ship- buy a fed ship with cloaking.
Honestly, nobody should get a battle cloak except the Bop innately and hopefully one day, a device that allows Klingon and Romulan ships to gain the ability using a device slot.

It would be cool to see the normal cloaking devices used in a device slot however with a long cooldown once they come out of cloak.
Lt. Commander
# 29
09-20-2010, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyias View Post
It would be cool to see the normal cloaking devices used in a device slot however with a long cooldown once they come out of cloak.
Most likely cloaking will continue to be a design feature specifically put onto a specific vessel slotted for release in the cstore, but possibly they can make it an option that one chooses when one buys a vessel in the future. Frankly its not an Iwin so I don't see the big deal of having it and think if it goes widespread it will just cheapen the game.

I do agree that battle cloaks should remain a strictly BoP ability, of course if it ever goes public wide then that means its time to unweaken the BoP's hull and shield somewhat to compensate for a lost advantage.

Romulans I expect to have battle cloaking on almost all thier vessels due to them having much better cloaking technology than any other faction.
Lt. Commander
Good lord we love a good fight don't we!

I can see how a mobile cloak has it's advantages and disavantages. One thing there is no peace treaty anymore.....we are at war. Captured technology could be implemented......but it should be very costly. On the other hand, it would be a limited item.....not many would be produced...causing a high demand! I could see it as maybe a very high priced item and limited to va or something.

Well i'm done so ..."Let loose the dogs of war!"