Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
09-30-2010, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnaw
The problem is the definition of "Minimum Requirements" while most players define it as: The minimum spec where I can play the game just fine

It is traditionally defined by the developer as: The minimum spec in which the game will actually start moving.

So far I've never seen a game running on "Minimum Requirements" listed on the box which hasn't had any sort of performance issues at this spec.
I'd like to see your source for this because minimum, as far as I know, means the same thing across the board. I obviously fit in the "most players" category but when I'm told that it works at the minimum requirement, and that requirement is met, then I expect it to work. If developers are using a different definition (and considering the propensity for buggy content around here they just might be) that would be ... interesting.

I'll say again, it would be one thing if the effects had some kind of significance. Maybe if turn rates or accuracy dropped off, speed was reduced depending on the direction of flight, cloak had a weaker range, or even if debris randomly flew by blew your ship up it might be a cool map (although still laggy). Short of that though, all that wind is pointlessly and needlessly bogging down a machine that otherwise runs just fine.
Lt. Commander
# 22
09-30-2010, 03:57 PM
It's a bit poor design/coding if you're unable to turn down your settings to negate the performance hit from the level design.... but if it's just that people operating AT or BELOW the minimum requirements don't expect that they'll need to play at the minimum settings, well that's just inane. Why do you think the settings go down that far in the first place?

This is why we can't have nice things.