Lt. Commander
I need help refitting my BO's with new weapons. What is the best mixture of weapons in the away team? I'm looking for specific answers. Like what each member should have.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-16-2010, 10:37 PM
Expose Weapons, while you take all exploit weapons. Then learn the switch weapons every time you shot a special attack.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-16-2010, 10:37 PM
It really depends on your style (i.e. standard tactics), but a very effective way is, of course, to balance weapons that have expose abilities with ones who exploit. Since you as a player are the most intelligent member of your team, you should be amongst those who use an exploit weapon. In theory, you could even just give everyone else an expose weapon and then constantly switch targets in combat, exploiting the openings your teammates exposed.

Personally, I'm going for style over substance. My troops carry rifles, the officers have handguns. With my Gorn hauling a heavy disruptor cannon around. :p

[edit] Dammit too slow!
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-17-2010, 02:21 AM
Equip yourself with 2 exploit weapons (I enjoy the phaser sniper rifles myself) then equip your BOs with expose weapons (if they are AoE or cone exposes even better). Now in action you hit "G" to "target nearest exposed enemy" unload your exploit attack, then hit "Z" to switch to your second rifle and rinse/repeat.
Lt. Commander
# 5 Changing Out Weapons
09-17-2010, 03:18 AM
Last night, while fighting the Borg on the ground in the B'Tran Cluster...just for the heck of it, I swapped the antiproton rifles my boffs usually carry out for some other green and blue weapons I'd picked up in that fight. I had found a sweet disruptor rifle, a tetryon sniper rifle, and a cannon, along with another heavy phaser weapon. I kept my antiproton and batleth equipped.

It seemed like we chewed through the Borg quicker than usual. I think the combo of weapons inflicted many debuffs and damage to those techno-zombies. I'm going to keep trying it when I find new gear to see which works best.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-17-2010, 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icesavage
Expose Weapons, while you take all exploit weapons. Then learn the switch weapons every time you shot a special attack.
This is pretty much what I do as well, but there are different types of exposes. I like to mix them up, so I give two of my BOs stun pistols (phasers or plasma) but I give the other two blast assault for the knockdowns and general mayhem.

I also prefer exploiting with sniper rifles because they are precise and don't draw group aggro. Look for ones with good specials; Blue plasma sniper rifles offer +40 critical severity. I don't believe this stacks with armor that also has +40 crit severity.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-17-2010, 05:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrogdog View Post
This is pretty much what I do as well, but there are different types of exposes. I like to mix them up, so I give two of my BOs stun pistols (phasers or plasma) but I give the other two blast assault for the knockdowns and general mayhem.

I also prefer exploiting with sniper rifles because they are precise and don't draw group aggro. Look for ones with good specials; Blue plasma sniper rifles offer +40 critical severity. I don't believe this stacks with armor that also has +40 crit severity.
Scrogs right, have a good mix of various expose weapons. Some of the NPC's are resistant to certain weapons.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-17-2010, 05:27 AM
I love to give Expose AoE weapons to my crew, (and if I can I get them weapons that do not have push or knock back effects), I seem to get less focus fire from the baddies that way. What's real nice is, as a rule now, I seldom draw fire from more than three baddies at any given time. My crew seems to benefit as well, as the baddies seem to spend just a little more time swapping targets among my away team members. The whole point is the away team member who does the most DPS gets the baddies aggro. If you have a particular away team member that gets KOed allot you may find they are the one with the highest level weapon.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-17-2010, 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icesavage
100% agree with this. My entire away team is equipped with full auto assault rifles (expose). I use a split beam and sniper rifles (exploit) holding the special attack until there is an exposed enemy, then fire and switch weapons. I do however keep a Bat'leth handy for situational use.

I also skill my entire away team with 2 expose skills each. The rest are heals, shield recharges, and resist debuffs.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-17-2010, 07:10 AM
Heavy Infantry Shoulder Mounted Quad Mini-Tricobalt Torpedo Launcher, for those pesky fights between your Away Team and Enemy Starships