Lt. Commander
# 31
04-16-2009, 05:00 PM
This was yet another great update to the storyline, and I would say that the team is definitely on a roll as of late. I really enjoy these supplemental logs quite a bit because I feel as though they give an interesting perspective to the overarching plot, which is a nice diversion from time to time. I cannot wait to see more updates to the storyline if they retain the high quality of this one! Thank you for posting this very much!
Lt. Commander
# 32
04-16-2009, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherp View Post
*applauds* Beautiful writing! So exciting to see the future history of Star Trek being written in personal accounts like this!
I really liked the way it was presented as well.

My favorite so far on that level.
Lt. Commander
# 33
04-16-2009, 05:45 PM
This is / was very good. Gives me great hope of what this game could become.
Lt. Commander
# 34
04-16-2009, 06:28 PM
That was a great post! Loved reading it, fantastic job guys!
Lt. Commander
# 35
04-16-2009, 06:36 PM
I give it 5 Stars!

Nice insight to the start of the Klingon conquest of the Gorn. In fact I got the impression Gila IV will be one of the more important battles referenced in STO. Perhaps we will run across this Steiner character too.
Lt. Commander
# 36
04-16-2009, 06:51 PM
Absolutely wonderful, Kestrel.
Lt. Commander
# 37
04-16-2009, 07:08 PM
Another fine piece by Kestrel. Thank you!

One of the great flaws I find in many MMORPGs is that there's no real sense of a "living world" operating around one's game character and one's game activities. These background fiction pieces work against that effect, and I hope the "living background" will translate into the game-world itself somehow.

Lastly, I must agree with previous posters. I do hope Kestrel will eventually bring us our first novel set against the backdrop of the Star Trek Online universe. She certainly can't do any worse than some of what's already out there in print for Star Trek -- and these fiction pieces suggest that she'll actually do a hell of a lot better.

Get to it Kestrel; it's not like you're busy or anything,

KOS
Lt. Commander
# 38
04-16-2009, 07:28 PM
(Idle speculation ahead) I wonder if this opens up the possibility of Gorn being found in both factions. Conquered Gorn in the Empire, refugee Gorn in the Federation. Means you could have a Gorn Starfleet ship Captain without contradicting the main story.
Lt. Commander
# 39
04-16-2009, 07:40 PM
So when is the ex-Starfleet officer going to start to look into recruiting other ex-Starfleet Officer's for an informal discussion group on what is to come next?
Lt. Commander
# 40
04-16-2009, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptXpendable View Post
(Idle speculation ahead) I wonder if this opens up the possibility of Gorn being found in both factions. Conquered Gorn in the Empire, refugee Gorn in the Federation. Means you could have a Gorn Starfleet ship Captain without contradicting the main story.
It wouldn’t be any stranger than having a Klingon SF captain.