Lt. Commander
# 51
04-16-2009, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladedge View Post
For some reason the name David Steiner reminds me of Battletech / Mechwarrior universe.
Man I love BattleTech, and it has coined lots of names like Liao, Kurita, Davion, Marik and Steiner, like you said. To tell you the truth, some of those would be good last names to player characters

Well one thing to look forward too would be the one where all communication with the Gorn has ceased... Maybe they would rather keep the land they have and surrender... Many more battles like the one that we have just read and there will be little value left for the Klingons Poor Gorn, makes me wonder if they will eventually be able to combat the Klingons, and free themselves In a Gorns Voice "La Resssissstance Livesss On!!"
Lt. Commander
# 52
04-16-2009, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryTerri View Post
Hrm ...

::taps her chin with a claw::

Intersting ...

Looks like it's going to get nasty for the Gorn.
Lt. Commander
# 53
04-16-2009, 10:58 PM
good post. can ya tell us what is up w/cardassians and provide ship info on them?

also can ya make it where data is dating seven?(they're both unique and outcasts,sorta)

also release date maybe?

I know in my heart that man is good.
That what is right will always eventually triumph.
And there's purpose and worth to each and every life.
Ronald Reagan

History teaches that wars begin when governments believe the price of aggression is cheap.
Ronald Regan
Lt. Commander
# 54
04-16-2009, 11:22 PM
Do not pretend to understand Klingon politics and policies! You question why we would fire at defenseless craft? They are the enemy! Do you expect us to take the time to determine who is a threat and who is not? Our warriors had to act quickly, or risk allowing the Gorn to regroup.

There are those who wish to know why soldiers on the surface would go so far as to offer the survivors medical treatment? Sometimes, there is more to be gained by keeping them alive. And do you know for a fact that your Steiner was not mistaken? Perhaps he was only told what he wanted to hear. What we do with our prisoners is our business.

I was not present at this battle, for my current duties keep me elsewhere. I cannot confirm the details that Steiner has given. But it seems as though the Federation is already beginning to forget the meaning of war. You would do well to remember the previous conflict, and the lessons learned from it, before you criticize the actions of the Empire.

===End Transmission===
Lt. Commander
# 55
04-17-2009, 12:06 AM
Great read. Keep them coming
Lt. Commander
# 56
04-17-2009, 12:12 AM
Liking the build up here. Hints at why the Gorn wind up on the side of the Klingons if we take it at face value at least.

I'm still focused on the Romulans myself though.
Lt. Commander
# 57
04-17-2009, 12:20 AM
While reading this, I was thinking it might fit right into the game as episodic content. But since it's been stated that we can't be independant players... guess not.
Lt. Commander
# 58
04-17-2009, 01:29 AM
war ! haha

I may have to be klingons afterall

Oh, can i get a free beta test spot?
Lt. Commander
# 59
04-17-2009, 01:34 AM
nice good read cant wait for more to come.
Lt. Commander
# 60
04-17-2009, 02:04 AM
Amazingly well written, best so far!

Shows some more insight in the Gorn/Klingon conflict and also provides a look at those that choose
a more independant path (freighter captain hauling goods)!