Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
09-17-2010, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl
As you discovered with last week's "Cold Comfort", Featured Episodes can be a mixture of combat and non-combat game play types.
Wait a minut, There was no combat last week!!!!!!

was that a glitch I got lucky with then?

EDIT

sorry, read that line out of context. But still would be cool to have a hybrid mission someday.
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-17-2010, 08:26 PM
the episodes are awesome... they have me looking forward to playing my commander level klingon these days, where before he'd just sit there on a shelf collecting dust. KEEP THE EPISODES COMING!

hows that for feed back??? Direct enough? lol
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-17-2010, 08:42 PM
I think the Breen Series has been working out well, and the Rewards are Great and un-expected !

I pretty much only play on the weekends now just for the Weekly Series as soon as it comes out... ive pretty much got tired of PvP since its the same old thing each and every single day, there is nothing special in PvP sadly...

But maybe the Devs will work on a Weekly Event for the Federation and Klingons to Fight over in PvP and no matter however the outcome both sides can receive a weekly PvP Reward and a Series End PvP Reward just like the Breen and Future weekly series....
Lt. Commander
# 14 great job cryptic
09-17-2010, 09:34 PM
love the episodes keep em coming one thing i liked about the tv seires they usually had 2 things going on at once so i really like the fact that you can actually fail missions now makes more of a challenge hope to see more of that in the future more and a little longer diplomacy missions would be great too
Lt. Commander
The weekly eposides is the best thing any MMO has ever done and i have been playing then for the past 15 years and non do it weekly the most recent was Pirates of carb.and their missions came out monthly and or every other month. the weekly episode get the player to come back bevause during the week most players either have work or school and really cant play hard until saturdays or sundays. Please please keep them coming. and please annouce when the new upper ranks are coming out ,keep up the good work guys it seems you guys are really putting your salarys worth into this game.
Lt. Commander
# 16 Episodes
09-17-2010, 10:49 PM
I'm finding the weekly episodes to be alot of fun. The special rewards are ok, but I really like the emblems. My first try at releasing the Deferi captives from the mines got my VA killed at the end, but one of my Lt. Commanders came through a little while later and avenged him... go figure ha ha. :p
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-18-2010, 12:37 AM
So, this ruins thing...were we early to have done the puzzle already? or is this a new part?....awesome content...nice for lvling too
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-18-2010, 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEMIMA
So, this ruins thing...were we early to have done the puzzle already? or is this a new part?....awesome content...nice for lvling too
i think they released the puzzle too early so we will probably have to do it again, but its pretty easy once you crack it.

i would also like to add my continued support to these eps, they are ace and its great to have something to look forward to each week and to talk about the story.

i hope to see the stories get more complex and more involving as we move on.
Lt. Commander
# 19
09-18-2010, 01:36 AM
Feature episodes are a great idea. These have brought me back and give an incentive to play each week. I like the way they feel more like a ST series and I've never experienced anything like this in other MMOs I've played.
Lt. Commander
# 20
09-18-2010, 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patroklus View Post
Feature episodes are a great idea. These have brought me back and give an incentive to play each week. I like the way they feel more like a ST series and I've never experienced anything like this in other MMOs I've played.
I can only agree, patroklus summed it up nicely.
This whole "weekly episode" idea is just so incredibly much Star Trek, the mini-arc story concept is probably the best balance between single episodes in TNG, a longer background story in DS9 and the whole third season story arc of ENT. This weekly new content concept really makes STO stand out.

I hope you can keep up the level of quality (little/no bugs) and excitement of the episodes. You have succeeded when the audience gets spoiled by them!