Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
09-18-2010, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanharn View Post
Should help pass 30 mins.

Do we have a date set for Season 3 or the next big update ??
My guess would be around Nov or Dec 2010
Lt. Commander
# 32
09-18-2010, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacifica-
But maybe the Devs will work on a Weekly Event for the Federation and Klingons to Fight over in PvP and no matter however the outcome both sides can receive a weekly PvP Reward and a Series End PvP Reward just like the Breen and Future weekly series....
I love that idea...We need more in-game events...and we need more immersive PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 33
09-18-2010, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AridanS View Post
As a fan of Star Trek for over 40 years, I have to say , doing these missions like episodes and with them coming out every week is unique and refreshing experience. I don't think ANY MMO has anything like it.

Thank you guys for all your very very hard work for our enjoyment. May you continue doing this in years to come!
I stand with you on this one (my first Star Trek experience was the Cage in 1966 when I was 8 years old!).

I especially liked the last one where you had to study the situation a bit and make choices for wich there where consequences to assume (as in the excellent Quarantine Diplomatic mission at Memory Alpha).

Now, if this would expand to more than just ''success or failure'' and branch into story twists... If this could expand to fight or not fight (like in the case of Breen patrols)... If this could expand to the whole gameplay and finally offer us the full starship captain experience (decisions and responsibilities)...

Well, Star Trek is about that... and hope for a better future, right?

These weekly episodes certainly bring us hope for a better future for the game.

In the meantime... Good work Cryptic! Keep them coming!
Lt. Commander
# 34
09-18-2010, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clobbertime View Post
So, what sort of stats will our Breen BO have? Or are the Breen dissenters Tran puts us in contact with point to the Breen becoming a playable race instead?
I'm starting to wonder.

Based on the idea that the time sensitive reward will, well, not be offered after this series and week 5 will still have a reward for people who finish it later...

I'm inclined to think maybe we've been thinking small. Like, maybe anyone who completes this series gets a Breen BO and maybe the time sensitive reward is something like a scaling Breen ship. (Which will be just a bit less shiny than existing T5 ships when it caps out.)
Lt. Commander
# 35
09-18-2010, 11:59 AM
this is a good series, but downdown the bosses. none should ever get 1 shotted. ive died over 5 times so far. this is NOT fun.
Lt. Commander
# 36
09-18-2010, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelphoenix12 View Post
this is a good series, but downdown the bosses. none should ever get 1 shotted. ive died over 5 times so far. this is NOT fun.
The Cryo Tribble helps with that a lot.
Got hit two times by the Thot in the end fight and both time he failed to down me with his cold ray of doom.
Lt. Commander
# 37
09-18-2010, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
I'm starting to wonder.

Based on the idea that the time sensitive reward will, well, not be offered after this series and week 5 will still have a reward for people who finish it later...

I'm inclined to think maybe we've been thinking small. Like, maybe anyone who completes this series gets a Breen BO and maybe the time sensitive reward is something like a scaling Breen ship. (Which will be just a bit less shiny than existing T5 ships when it caps out.)
yeah, im hopping a for a Captured Breen Ship myself... but the Breen BOs might be the true reward afterall, and they may keep the ship options for the PvP Series end rewards
Lt. Commander
# 38
09-18-2010, 12:42 PM
The weekly series is awesome and is breathing life and greatness into the game. Awesome job to the people who have worked on it and keep up the excellent work.

What's cooler then being cold, Breen cold......
Lt. Commander
# 39
09-18-2010, 01:27 PM
I really enjoyed this episode. I had some trouble with the puzzle at the beginning; then I realized I wasn't pointing my arrows in the right direction, lol. (For some reason, I started with my officers on the eastern points. I did a facepalm once I realized that made an arrow pointing west, and not east. D'oh!)

Very enjoyable episode, and I'm looking forward to next week's conclusion!
Lt. Commander
# 40 Impressed
09-18-2010, 02:00 PM
Im quite impressed Dstahl.The Breen are a formidable opponent i must admit.I actually had to pay attention to what i was doing and not go on autopilot.Got my vote to continue these episodes!