Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Lt. Commander
# 61
09-20-2010, 12:30 AM
Awesome episode. Felt like Indiana Jones in space (Han Solo? lol).

Thank you Cryptic. If this is the shape of things to come, I might as well think about going lifer!
Lt. Commander
# 62
09-20-2010, 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmendel46 View Post
I love the fact that there was a puzzle, albeit an easy rudimentary one.
funny that. i actually found the puzzle quite challenging, well rather getting my BOs to stand on the pedestals very challenging, they kept stopping just before it, which made me have to run around and reset their rally points from a different angle. Very patience grinding
Lt. Commander
Ok, I am confused about this Special Reward mentioned. In a previous Ask Cryptic, this question and answer was posted that seems completely contradictory to what was just posted. In that Ask Cryptic, you said the special reward was standard to completing the series...and that it would be no different that any other mission completion. Now you are saying that you will only receive it if you complete the Breen series before the next series of featured episodes begin. So which is correct?

http://www.startrekonline.com/node/2060

Q: Ashur1: It was mentioned that completing one series of weekly episodes before the next series starts gives some kind of special reward. Is that account wide or do I have to do the weekly missions nine times?! And, any hint on what those rewards are?

DStahl: The Special Series Reward will be given out as a standard mission reward at the completion of the last episode in the series. This means that each character who wants to receive the special reward will need to complete the missions in order receive the reward. This is no different than any other mission reward in the game. Those who pay close attention (aka read dialog) during the series, you will get a hint of what the possible special reward will be.
Lt. Commander
# 64 great stuff
09-20-2010, 05:49 AM
This rocks! Keep it comin baby
Lt. Commander
# 65
09-20-2010, 06:20 AM
Thoroughly enjoyed these episodes. Nice work!
Lt. Commander
# 66
09-20-2010, 02:06 PM
Nice episode (a bit short 23 minutes playtime). Puzzle was self explanatory. Considering it should be fun for everyone, puzzle was not difficult for logical minds like Vulcan's have.
Lt. Commander
# 67
09-20-2010, 06:23 PM
Thank you Cryptic!! nice job.... give us more please
Lt. Commander
# 68
09-21-2010, 01:10 AM
I am a fan of Dan Stahl and the work and efforts he shown to make our STO better every day along with the Cryptic teams.

I absolutly like the idea of the Special Weekly Episode that the kind of originality that please me and make STO experience
and Cryptic work a completely different thing...

I liked it so much that I made the french translation (high quality) for all the 4 episodes to allow the french people weak in english to participate to this. ( http://forums.jeuxonline.info/showthread.php?t=1094976 ) If Crytic want to integrate my translation to their 4 past episodes they are welcome and I will be honored.

I understand this work is a hudge strain and can't be an every week thing... But I definitly like the idea of having a saturday rendezvous with STO. So the idea proposed of a weekly spécial event fits me.

I think that's totally part of what we expect from Cryptic and STO.

Crytic and Dan Stahl thank you and keep up the great work !!!
Lt. Commander
# 69
09-21-2010, 07:12 AM
Whatever you do, keep doing it. Let me tell you, I bought the 1 month subscription just to see more of the game so I could decide if I wanted to keep playing the game, as the demo didn't give me quite enough exposure. I was kinda sold, and then I discovered the Weekly Episodes with the Breen.

Home Run.

From the moment I warped in and the mission name popped in the corner as if it was an episode title on TV, I was hooked. I actually found myself lingering forward on my chair a little bit, actually going "Ohh, What's going to happen next?

As a matter of fact, I would suggest that as a part of the free demo of the game, you allow players access to not only the first mission of the game, but also an episode themed mission, as this could be a HUGE selling point.

I would be surprised if that kind of addition to the demo didn't affect subscriptions, and I'm willing to bet not in a small way either.

Bottom line? Keep doing what you're doing Dan, you are a visionary, and you and your colleagues are doing something with games that gamers have always wanted (especially with a game based off a TV series). What's that? You're making us feel like part of the adventure. That's not just a character sitting on the bridge of my ship on the captains chair telling Tarah to plot a course for the shattered remains of Romulus and Remus, that's my vision of me in the ST universe, and let me say, I'm ready to be beamed up.

Amazing.

-Brandon
Lt. Commander
# 70
09-21-2010, 07:38 AM
When will our captain's be able to max out with skill point's?