Lt. Commander
The last time I played STO was a couple days ago. I tried to log in today and got a 165 MB patch. I don't know if the patch has anything to do with it or not.

About 50% through the loading screen that shows the full screen black and white Cryptic logo and then the black and white Atari logo I get a crash error.

The crash report dialog comes up and I fill in that I was loading as the reason. I send that off to cryptic.

There is no information at all about what the error is. Just Ooops, your cryptic application has crashed.

Any ideas about what to do? I do not have a CD because I bought the download version and I would hate to have to re download all over again.
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muriondi View Post
The last time I played STO was a couple days ago. I tried to log in today and got a 165 MB patch. I don't know if the patch has anything to do with it or not.

About 50% through the loading screen that shows the full screen black and white Cryptic logo and then the black and white Atari logo I get a crash error.

The crash report dialog comes up and I fill in that I was loading as the reason. I send that off to cryptic.

There is no information at all about what the error is. Just Ooops, your cryptic application has crashed.

Any ideas about what to do? I do not have a CD because I bought the download version and I would hate to have to re download all over again.

I too am getting this message and now i might not make it in time to complete the last Breen weekly episode on my TAC VA!!!!

What is going on?

Fatal Error: Error decompressing data. Verifying Files in the launcher
may fix this issue.

Technical Details: ./piggs/texture2.hogg:
Texture_Library/Environment/1_Interior_Kits/Stf_Transporter/Stf_Transp
orter_Floor_01.Wtex: Error decompressing data. Verifying Files in the
launcher may fix this issue.

Then this at top of box
Oops! Your Cryptic Application has crashed. To help us out, please indicate what was going on
at the time of the crash, while we gather information.

a place to type in information and then a cancel button on left and then this message with the number in a field and then a submit button in the lower right.
Error Ticket ID: 11475668

What is going on, Ive restarted the game and restarted PC
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-17-2010, 07:58 PM
Everything was going fine for me today until I started playing. Got halfway through the Taris/Iconia mission, then BOOM. "Fatal Error!"

Mine is: Fatal Error: error decompressing data. Verifying files in the launcher may fix issue.

Technical details: ./piggs/texture3/hogg:Texture_library/costumes/Avatars/Female/F_Head_Bare_01_D.Wtex: error decompressing data.

And that's all I get. Can't even log in an alt.

Deleted ALL my texture.hogg files too.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-18-2010, 01:00 PM
All people with that "error decompressing data" error need to delete the hogg file mentioned in the error (make sure you get the right one).
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-18-2010, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingAce
Deleted ALL my texture.hogg files too.
And what happens after that?
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-10-2011, 09:47 AM
Getting a similar error only mine reads:

110710 16:24:52 2 InvalidType[1]: Error decompressing data. Verifying Files in the launcher may fix this issue.: bin/geobin/maps/system/empty.zone/world_cells_shared.info:
110710 16:24:52 3 InvalidType[1]: Read wrong number of bytes: bin/geobin/maps/system/empty.zone/world_cells_shared.info: 13

Launcher now hangs at patching stage. Opened the launcher console and I get this:

[C:/Users/Public/Games/Cryptic Studios/Star Trek Online.exe] [Debug] [x86]
Patch: Got command FIX_STATE
Patch: Got command START_PATCH Startrek:Holodeck
startPatch, current root (null) new Startrek:Holodeck
Connecting with root C:/Users/Public/Games/Cryptic Studios/Star Trek Online/Live

PatchClientLib: connecting to patchserver.crypticstudios.com:7255
PatchClientLib: redirecting to 208.95.184.116:7255
PatchClientLib: skipping unneeded autoupdate CrypticLauncherST
PatchClientLib: successfully connected
PatchClientLib: Using HTTP patching: server stohttppatch.crypticstudios.com port
80 prefix Startrek
Loading manifest: C:/Users/Public/Games/Cryptic Studios/Star Trek Online/Live/.p
atch/StartrekClient.manifest...done
Loading hoggs...

It just hangs there for ages. Please help. Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-10-2011, 12:58 PM
I would do a FORCE VERIFY this will force the client to verify each and every file for corruption problems. Then after that is done I would DISABLE Patch on and get all patches and BUG FIXES! I did this and have had no problems! YEs it may take sometime but it should bring everything up again!
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-10-2011, 04:39 PM
Thanks for the reply.

Did both of those and it didnt work. Any other ideas?