09-21-2010, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bran_Mak_Morrn View Post
looks like the Godzilla re-make.
That's exactly what I thought.

I mean look at this:

http://www.justpressplay.net/images/...8_godzilla.jpg

http://blstb.msn.com/i/19/C8D8E1E7A4...5D24124F9E.jpg

We'll just have to wait and see how much mix and match we can do with the old options.
Maybe we can actually make something that looks even closer to the one from TOS than is possible today.

And just because we're back on the Godtzilla topic here's a funny pic that should cheer everyone up who is not that impressed by the new Gorn look (it did cheer me up )

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/image...8/godzilla.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-21-2010, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vadersson View Post
Eh, I guess I prefer old school Gorn. Sure it was a rubber suit, but it was a cool Rubber suit.
I completely agree, however it is a game and who knows it could be an evolution of the Gorn from that of older ancestor, after all they are of some type of dinosaur species.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
I have to agree on this... This should remain a sub-species of Gorn or something
I could accept that, like i said above and have both available for those that want either or but the newer one looks far more realistic than the old school. While, i like the old school look, but STO is an MMO and they need appeal to that of today and so i think and i welcome what they have in the works and while some like yourself and others might not like it. It is something that has to change, which the devs see that need to be changed. Iam not going to say, tuff deal with it but i could agree to allowing some type of different evolution of Gorn to be playable. After all it is an dinosaur species?
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-21-2010, 11:13 AM
WOW that looks wicked , and represents more of what the gorn would look like to me
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-23-2010, 08:27 AM
Gotta say I like he original better. I'm a Godzilla fan... and this new Gorn looks waaaay too much like the new Godzilla for me.
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-27-2010, 04:23 AM
I like it, but good thing it's optional. A couple people in this thread need to not freak out like it will be forced upon them.
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-27-2010, 11:12 AM
Remember, too, that the Gorn have a biologically caste-based system of sorts: some Gorn are simply shaped differently for different tasks. These are just sleeker than the "man-in-a-suit" Gorn we got all the way back in TOS days.
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-29-2010, 02:35 AM
Seriously can't wait for the new Gorn, they look fantastic, really great work from Cryptic's artists here.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-04-2010, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vadersson View Post
Eh, I guess I prefer old school Gorn. Sure it was a rubber suit, but it was a cool Rubber suit.

Now, if we could be bigger, have our own ships, wear real Gorn cloths, and throw rocks I would be happy.

Thanks,
Duncan
I agree! I want more Gorn customization and Gorn ships to be available. A big flaw in this game is the lack of ships. Why would a Gorn, Nausicaan, Orion, etc fly Klingon ships when they have their own ships? The devs need to get on this. Stop pumping out Fed content when the Klingon side of things is getting worse as the Feds get more content. I'd be even happier with this game if the KDF got the attention it truly needs. Save the KDF before there's no reason to have a KDF character.
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-04-2010, 04:19 PM
You haven't been keeping abreast of current events have you Slayer?
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-04-2010, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatness View Post
You haven't been keeping abreast of current events have you Slayer?
I've checked the content release calendar and it all appears to be Federation content. I've heard about the promised KDF content, but Cryptic still seems focused on the Federation side of things. It'll be months before the Klingons have amassed any real content additions. Let's face it, the Federation is the focus of the devs attention.

It'll be a year till the Klingons have the same amount of content as the Federation Faction currently has.That's the problem with an under staffed MMO developer. The devs really need to pause all the Federation content additions for a couple months and focus only on the KDF side of things.

I'm really hoping we see more ship variances. Gorn ships would be very nice to see xD