Ensign
# 1 prob noob questions
12-05-2014, 07:27 AM
longtime player but first time poster.....

1) how do i add klingon fleet support to my UI?

2) whats the diff between plasma and cannon based weapons

3) how does releasing plasma from my warp coil do damage? does it take out the shields or affect the hull

4)how do i add capabilities to my bridge crew? when i click train its just the same 2 abilities over and over

5) why no death penalty in the game??

6) are new episodes scheduled? what do players do when they have no more to play?

i like the space combat. the land stuff was pretty lame but since i started the delta rising episodes it seems better.
Captain
# 2
12-05-2014, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saipan2 View Post

3) how does releasing plasma from my warp coil do damage? does it take out the shields or affect the hull

4)how do i add capabilities to my bridge crew? when i click train its just the same 2 abilities over and over

6) are new episodes scheduled? what do players do when they have no more to play?

i like the space combat. the land stuff was pretty lame but since i started the delta rising episodes it seems better.
1) there is a tiny square looking button on the UI bars, in the upper right corner I think, its very small. Click it to customize your bars. IN the long list of stuff (includes all your officer skills and more) you should find your new skill.

2) plasma is a damage type (there are many, disruptor, phaser, etc). It has a damage over time (DOT) effect that directly damages the hull of a ship even if shields are up. Cannons are a weapon type; there are 3 types of weapons (beams, cannons, and projectiles). Cannons have high damage at close range, but are harder to use. Beams work from farther back and are easier to use. Projectiles can be used as you see fit.

3) Yes. It will do more damage if your particle generators/exotic skill is high. It also slows the enemy and can be a buffer against destructible enemy missiles. Without high particle generators (exotic damage) the skill is weakish but still useful to slow a group. The damage is less on shields and more on a hull.

4) you can train them. There is a trainer at your home planet or earth dock. Also you can train them yourself in rank 3 and 4 skills if the same type (if you are an engineer, you can train an engineer officer in a high level skill if you allocated your skills to unlock training). You can also train one officer with the skill from another UNUSED officer, but the UNUSED officer "goes away" (deleted or consumed or whatever word after this is done).

5) There is one. There is an increasing delay between respawns and in higher level content on the ground YOU become injured and need healing at a medical facility or using a special consumed item, and in space your SHIP has a similar damage effect that needs repairs. Easier content does not do this, only advanced and elite.

6) content is released regularly. But not on a schedule that we as players know in detail. There is a LOT to do for a long, long time if you are new. Get back to us on that when you have maxed all your reputation, earned all your gear, mastered crafting, earned dil to buy the useful things from the zen store, tried out all 3 character types and factions, and more.

Some of these answers lack overwhelming details, if it was unclear, ask again until you are happy. I can always type more, and more, and even more...
Career Officer
# 3
12-05-2014, 08:08 AM
Quote:

On the big personal tray click the top right button. That opens up your abilities. Uncheck the lower left box of the ability window. Drag and drop using the mouse. Reverse that process.

One is a type of damage is one is a type of weapon. You could have Plasma Cannons, but I don't think that is what you're trying to ask.

Is what I think you're trying to ask. It snares the enemy in a cloud and ticks damage on the hull. Plasma dots from other plasma weapons also put a damage dot on the hull.

If you're clicking train on your captains paper doll, stop. Go to the officer skill trainer in the barracks in quonos. He has mad skills.

Most folks really really see the upside of a death penalty. I myself used to like how each time I died in EVE I lost a rank. Or in Ultima Online you could die, and some random passerby could take all your gear and cash, or a hyena or rate could eat your corpse and you'd lose everything. So in spite of how much fun a real mans death penalty is to the players, Cryptic just hates us so all we get is a short timer.

New episodes are released periodically. Check the game news section.

Players can create their own content to play. That's what MOST of the players do. I know I did.
It's called Operation Tripwire, it is in the Foundry.

I like space combat too.
Ten Chars!

Awesome Blog
Awesome Videos
Website that's always under construction
And...FACEBOOK MEH!
Ensign
# 4
12-05-2014, 09:19 AM
ok good info guys...next question

i cant go into the sol sys because i do not have raider status. are assignments the only way to aquire raider points?? 15k i think for the first level...it will take a very long time.
Captain
# 5
12-05-2014, 09:25 AM
You can't get into the sol system as a kdf player although if you play the last feature episode which I can't remember the name you can gain instant access to the sirus sector otherwise it's T4 marauding doff level you'll need
Captain
# 6
12-05-2014, 09:30 AM
Quote:
ok good info guys...next question

i cant go into the sol sys because i do not have raider status. are assignments the only way to aquire raider points?? 15k i think for the first level...it will take a very long time.
I think you can do *something* if you have high rank in maurading from duty officers, but I do not know if it is full access or just the ability to touch the border and get a mission or what. I have not tried to enter it --- it is just the fed noob zone, there is nothing there.
Ensign
# 7
12-05-2014, 10:21 AM
but i wanted to go t the club and fire of some plasma at the club dj....

anyway...what are those skills used for? marauding...explorer..diplomat...
Captain
# 8
12-05-2014, 11:01 AM
Quote:
but i wanted to go t the club and fire of some plasma at the club dj....

anyway...what are those skills used for? marauding...explorer..diplomat...
not much.
The duty officer assignments provide a constant supply of various useful things like contraband, which can be turned into dil (2k every 4 hours..!), crafting materials, extra bridge officers, free loot and money, and other minor stuff. Also duty officers grant XP -- a few assignments per day can get you as much xp as hours of gameplay if you know how to do it, all done in the background... its huge for the 60 to 100 level grind (level 60 cap and additional "levels" for specialty points).

The actual titles are not much more than a title. Along with each rank, however, you get duty officers including better crafting officers (fabrication engineers and R&D guys that can be hard to find) or other higher quality officers that let you do more assignments with a higher chance of success and critical success etc.

DO assignments are worth doing. The minor rewards add up over time to become substantial.
Captain
# 9
12-05-2014, 05:20 PM
the easy contraband really adds up. with the forced labor you can get 3k+ dil for almost no effort. there is a reason alot of feds use kdf alts for farming.

oh and marauding gives one free fed species boff at the end. which helps with the lack of space traits on kdf side.
jesus love you, cryptic does not.

Last edited by nightken; 12-05-2014 at 05:25 PM.
Captain
# 10
12-06-2014, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightken View Post
the easy contraband really adds up. with the forced labor you can get 3k+ dil for almost no effort. there is a reason alot of feds use kdf alts for farming.

oh and marauding gives one free fed species boff at the end. which helps with the lack of space traits on kdf side.
?? What space trait could you possibly want from FED? We have pirate and if you want it, efficient. There is nothing better fed-side. I suppose you might grab leadership, but it seems weakfish to me.