Lt. Commander
# 61
12-28-2010, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
It does in Star Trek. The only time we've seen girls in skirts was when they were stupid or helpless, aka the bridge bunnies from TOS or Emo-Troi from the 1st season of TNG (when Tasha already had pants). And frankly, what I see on how player characters dress in ESD evokes the same feeling.

This has nothing to do with real life (where I like short skirts), this is about capturing the look and feel of Star Trek - and perhaps even more importantly, the look and feel of the individual cultures. And the way Klingons dress is quite simply very established and doesn't leave a lot of room for speculation.

Klingons are very open-minded when it comes to sexuality, they're even perfectly comfortable fighting naked when catched off-guard, yet they do have their own fashion which is distinctively different from modern western world Human one. This includes the way they make and wear skirts.

If a short skirt would have to be an option, it should surely look very different than the soft cloth worn by Slutfl... err, I mean Starfleet. It would be knee-long, made of rough leather and perhaps plated with metal. Maybe something like what this guy is wearing. I'd be cool with that.
well we have differnet opions and i disagree with you on the short skirt but to continue this is pointless.
Lt. Commander
# 62
12-28-2010, 09:31 AM
Quote:
It does in Star Trek. The only time we've seen girls in skirts was when they were stupid or helpless, aka the bridge bunnies from TOS or Emo-Troi from the 1st season of TNG (when Tasha already had pants). And frankly, what I see on how player characters dress in ESD evokes the same feeling.

This has nothing to do with real life (where I like short skirts), this is about capturing the look and feel of Star Trek - and perhaps even more importantly, the look and feel of the individual cultures. And the way Klingons dress is quite simply very established and doesn't leave a lot of room for speculation.

Klingons are very open-minded when it comes to sexuality, they're even perfectly comfortable fighting naked when catched off-guard, yet they do have their own fashion which is distinctively different from modern western world Human one. This includes the way they make and wear skirts.

If a short skirt would have to be an option, it should surely look very different than the soft cloth worn by Slutfl... err, I mean Starfleet. It would be knee-long, made of rough leather and perhaps plated with metal. Maybe something like what this guy is wearing. I'd be cool with that.
After a lot of thought, I agree with you.
Lt. Commander
# 63
12-28-2010, 09:50 AM
What I'd like to see

1. Lower tier versions of the Gorn, Nausican and Orion ships. The Feddys get lower tier Nebula, and Excelsior and soon to be added Vulcan and Andorian ships so why can't we

2. The House System proposal I saw a few months back, its just what the Doctor ordered

3. "Not all Klingons are warriors, Captain" - so why can't we have our own version of the FDC? Or even a Judical system were we can work within the Klingon Court Houses passing judgement on criminals brandishing our own unique law... Part ofthe reason Star Trek VI is still my favourite movie is those scenes. Just an idea

3. A cool, kick ass coat I can wear

4. Our own unique weeklies (again, just an idea not a necessity)
Lt. Commander
# 64
12-28-2010, 12:10 PM
Oh yes, micro mini skirts is the way to go... however I must agree with vailias in that it should be unique to the overall Klingon 'theme'. They should be made of leather, armored with metal plates, and very 'battle wench' looking. Although, Knee length seems a bit too much. Just take the exsisting 'split skirt' option from the feds, make it a 'leathery' material, and slap some neato looking metal plates on it... like something out of 'gladiator'. SUPER HAWT. Every nerd that loved a fantasy novel like 'dragonlance' would LOVE a warrior wench look... and it would be very Klingon to boot! Everyone is happy!
Lt. Commander
# 65
12-28-2010, 03:14 PM
Been asked countless times but... #1 the outfit worn by the Duras sisters. This is not the same.

Worf's Wife had an interesting few outfits.

Funny note, In searching for Klingon men Google returned with "Did you mean Klingon Women" sometimes technology tries to be so smart it's stupid.
Lt. Commander
# 66
12-28-2010, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treagersama View Post
Oh yes, micro mini skirts is the way to go... however I must agree with vailias in that it should be unique to the overall Klingon 'theme'. They should be made of leather, armored with metal plates, and very 'battle wench' looking. Although, Knee length seems a bit too much. Just take the exsisting 'split skirt' option from the feds, make it a 'leathery' material, and slap some neato looking metal plates on it... like something out of 'gladiator'. SUPER HAWT. Every nerd that loved a fantasy novel like 'dragonlance' would LOVE a warrior wench look... and it would be very Klingon to boot! Everyone is happy!
yea that would be a good idea . thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 67
12-28-2010, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmcevoy View Post
yea that would be a good idea . thank you.
and btw dragonlance is a good series.
Lt. Commander
# 68
12-28-2010, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
Funny note, In searching for Klingon men Google returned with "Did you mean Klingon Women" sometimes technology tries to be so smart it's stupid.
Just goes to show what people on the internet like to look for...

And yeah, I guess I could go for that "battle wench"-kinda look. Xena-style? :p
I didn't actually mean "knee-covering" when I said "knee-long", by the way - just covering the thighs ... like that soldier on the pic. I suppose you could also make the underskirt shorter and the straps above it longer and keep the gaps between them very small - might look interesting. The less you get to see, the more you want to peek at what's only hinted at. Mhm ... feel urge ... to go draw pictures ...

PS: Just yesterday I've seen the Unification episodes of TNG. B'Etor is soo cool. <3
Lt. Commander
# 69
12-29-2010, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
Been asked countless times but... #1 the outfit worn by the Duras sisters. This is not the same.

Worf's Wife had an interesting few outfits..:
/Signed +1 -- Duras and Mrs. Worf outfits would be smashing!
Lt. Commander
# 70
12-29-2010, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Just goes to show what people on the internet like to look for...

And yeah, I guess I could go for that "battle wench"-kinda look. Xena-style? :p
I didn't actually mean "knee-covering" when I said "knee-long", by the way - just covering the thighs ... like that soldier on the pic. I suppose you could also make the underskirt shorter and the straps above it longer and keep the gaps between them very small - might look interesting. The less you get to see, the more you want to peek at what's only hinted at. Mhm ... feel urge ... to go draw pictures ...

PS: Just yesterday I've seen the Unification episodes of TNG. B'Etor is soo cool. <3
Well if you wanted something more slutty, there is always this. Not much to it, a one piece swimsuit with mesh leggings and arms. Throw scallop armor over the shoulders and biceps. Viola, a 'battle' dress slightly less revealing than some of Cher's outfits of the time.