Lt. Commander
# 11
09-23-2010, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Gambit0 View Post
It does freeze you in place for a few seconds and you can't use it on missions, it's kind of a throw away item if you ask me.

IMO it would be much better if it could be used on targets during missions
This is actually myth. All this device does is apply an FX to your character which makes it look like you are frozen. Merely moving will remove the FX, and it does not hamper your ability to move at all.

The item is meant to be a simple joke item, similar to snowballs in many MMOs during the Winter Holiday Season. Other than the graphical FX, this item does nothing else.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-23-2010, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
This is actually myth. All this device does is apply an FX to your character which makes it look like you are frozen. Merely moving will remove the FX, and it does not hamper your ability to move at all.

The item is meant to be a simple joke item, similar to snowballs in many MMOs during the Winter Holiday Season. Other than the graphical FX, this item does nothing else.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Yeah, I haven't been frozen in place yet by it. If I am moving, I keep moving. if I am standing still, I can start moving even if 'frozen'.

However, it is annoying at times though overall it is best to take it with a grain of salt and ignore the people 'freezing' you as it is only a visual effect rather than an actual effect.
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-23-2010, 08:07 PM
Quote:

Thanks,

Stormshade
Hey Stormsade, where are we permitted to go nuts with this thing other than Andoria Prime?
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-23-2010, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuanManChu
Hey Stormsade, where are we permitted to go nuts with this thing other than Andoria Prime?

In case you missed it that was the practical joker in me getting several ideas, one really good one, and then realizing it's best I don't share any of those. :p

However, technically you are allowed to use this anywhere you are able to. I would, however, implore you (and that's a collective you, which does in fact include you person reading this) to be very careful to not ruin other people's fun with this item. If someone asks you to stop throwing it at them, please stop.

In the meantime, someone needs to organize a Fed vs. KDF Bio Thermal Dampener Fight at the Neutral Bar... I'm just sayin'...

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-23-2010, 08:17 PM
Quote:

Thanks,

Stormshade
Except people spam it in high-traffic zones and it turns the game into a slideshow on low-end systems. If it was just a snowball, that'd be fine. Even the fire extinguisher doesn't screw with my laptop that much, but that biothermal dampener utterly destroys it and nearly brings my entire system to a halt. So the item is seriously flawed.
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-23-2010, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allerka View Post
Except people spam it in high-traffic zones and it turns the game into a slideshow on low-end systems. If it was just a snowball, that'd be fine. Even the fire extinguisher doesn't screw with my laptop that much, but that biothermal dampener utterly destroys it and nearly brings my entire system to a halt. So the item is seriously flawed.
Hmm.. think i'm going to load STO up on my wifes laptop and see how bad it handles it. Medium end non gaming lappy running vista home (barfs). Curiosity is gonna get me one of these days XD.
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-23-2010, 08:35 PM
Quote:

Thanks,

Stormshade
Ohh! I understand now.

It was just that us in the Northern Hemisphere didn't get it because we were still in summer when we got the BBD.

Kudos to you Winter dwelling Southern Hemis
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-23-2010, 08:50 PM
Guys, after the last Breen Episode on Saturday lets all meet on Andoria Prime for a celebratory Snowball Fight.
Lt. Commander
# 19
09-23-2010, 09:05 PM
Quote:

Thanks,

Stormshade
Well it does slow down the frame rate when they are tossed in a heavy population area, such as DS9.
Lt. Commander
# 20
09-23-2010, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoduck360
Ohh! I understand now.

It was just that us in the Northern Hemisphere didn't get it because we were still in summer when we got the BBD.

Kudos to you Winter dwelling Southern Hemis
Winter?

I only know 'Wet Season', 'Dry Season' or 'Build up'

never seen snow in my life (apart from TV, or the back of a freezer)