Lt. Commander
# 21
09-23-2010, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by War1910 View Post
Winter?

I only know 'Wet Season', 'Dry Season' or 'Build up'

never seen snow in my life (apart from TV, or the back of a freezer)
LOL.. I know...

"it might rain but probably not"
"Oh no a Hurricane is coming"
"Wow that tourist is fat"
Lt. Commander
# 22
09-23-2010, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade

In case you missed it that was the practical joker in me getting several ideas, one really good one, and then realizing it's best I don't share any of those. :p

However, technically you are allowed to use this anywhere you are able to. I would, however, implore you (and that's a collective you, which does in fact include you person reading this) to be very careful to not ruin other people's fun with this item. If someone asks you to stop throwing it at them, please stop.

In the meantime, someone needs to organize a Fed vs. KDF Bio Thermal Dampener Fight at the Neutral Bar... I'm just sayin'...

Thanks,

Stormshade
People have been comparing this to the train in ******** that forces people to do a train emote where they say, "Chuggachuggachugga CHOO CHOO!"

What I hadn't thought about until now is that they created a counter to that in WoW, a robot you can make that smashes the person's trainset.

What might be cool is to introduce a device, for a small latinum fee, that makes someone immune to the freezing if equipped... and maybe allows them to set anyone on fire who doesn't have the biothermal dampener equipped.

For total immunity, you need both items equipped. Passive buff making you immune to both. Stock one and you get immunity from the other and the ability to burn/freeze people.
Lt. Commander
# 23
09-23-2010, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonwindspirit
LOL.. I know...

"it might rain but probably not"
"Oh no a Hurricane is coming"
"Wow that tourist is fat"
Hey!

You're not in the southern hemisphere.

:p
Lt. Commander
# 24
09-23-2010, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
People have been comparing this to the train in ******** that forces people to do a train emote where they say, "Chuggachuggachugga CHOO CHOO!"

What I hadn't thought about until now is that they created a counter to that in WoW, a robot you can make that smashes the person's trainset.

What might be cool is to introduce a device, for a small latinum fee, that makes someone immune to the freezing if equipped... and maybe allows them to set anyone on fire who doesn't have the biothermal dampener equipped.

For total immunity, you need both items equipped. Passive buff making you immune to both. Stock one and you get immunity from the other and the ability to burn/freeze people.
Or reflects it back to the person trying to freeze you.
Lt. Commander
# 25
09-23-2010, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoduck360
Or reflects it back to the person trying to freeze you.
Haha. This too.
Lt. Commander
# 26
09-23-2010, 09:09 PM
Just when I was getting worried about the noticeable lack of lag in Earth Spacedock, this fine item came along and put those worries to rest. :p
Lt. Commander
# 27
09-24-2010, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade

In the meantime, someone needs to organize a Fed vs. KDF Bio Thermal Dampener Fight at the Neutral Bar... I'm just sayin'...

Thanks,

Stormshade
Excellent idea as the fleet I'm in is currently planning ice fights aboard ships of our fleet for mock boarding actions.
Lt. Commander
# 28
09-24-2010, 08:32 AM
smoke grenades, fire extinguisher and now freezing grenates harharhar nice one
Lt. Commander
# 29
09-24-2010, 09:34 AM
Wish this thing worked on missions.... it would be good for putting out plasma fires on ones-self and team mates.

I think the folks who dislike it would suddenly like it alot better if it worked as a counter to something even more annoying. yes?
Lt. Commander
# 30
09-24-2010, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Kent View Post
Wish this thing worked on missions.... it would be good for putting out plasma fires on ones-self and team mates.

I think the folks who dislike it would suddenly like it alot better if it worked as a counter to something even more annoying. yes?
This is a GREAT idea - I'd actually really love to see this implemented.