Lt. Commander
# 31
09-24-2010, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjwmartin View Post
This is a GREAT idea - I'd actually really love to see this implemented.
Thanks

I was just thinking, nowhere does it say this thing is a weapon......
And its already set to work on friendlies only.....
It has no ill effects (technically speaking).....
And it has the word 'bio' in it.

.....So it sounds very medical.

And the only reason I can see to have a medical tool to dampen bio-thermally is if your patient is.... well... on fire.
Lt. Commander
# 32
09-24-2010, 01:38 PM
[frame rate, blah blah]

Consider this a free benchmark tool that is telling you to upgrade your graphics capabilities
Lt. Commander
# 33
12-02-2010, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
People have been comparing this to the train in ******** that forces people to do a train emote where they say, "Chuggachuggachugga CHOO CHOO!"

What I hadn't thought about until now is that they created a counter to that in WoW, a robot you can make that smashes the person's train

What might be cool is to introduce a device, for a small latinum fee, that makes someone immune to the freezing if equipped... and maybe allows them to set anyone on fire who doesn't have the biothermal dampener equipped.

For total immunity, you need both items equipped. Passive buff making you immune to both. Stock one and you get immunity from the other and the ability to burn/freeze people.
Just realized an awesome thing they could add but it would take up alot of development time from the art department for such a trivial thing..... so just something to keep in mind.

Holodeck Outfits!!

Just reminded me of when Worf walked up to Geordi and smashed his mandolin on the tree in STNG:Qpid

Captain, I must protest, I am NOT a merry man!
Lt. Commander
I've already earned my accolade "Biothermal Dampener" for freezing 1000 allies, +2% annoyance power.
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-10-2011, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Handshaw
I've already earned my accolade "Biothermal Dampener" for freezing 1000 allies, +2% annoyance power.
So it's you, huh?

+5% undead thread factor.....
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-11-2011, 12:48 AM
^ LOL

/10chars
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-11-2011, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warem
[frame rate, blah blah]

Consider this a free benchmark tool that is telling you to upgrade your graphics capabilities
ok, so i should throw away my i7 and dual 460 SLI rig... yeah...

It's not a matter of upgrading software. If you run Nvidia cards you will get stuttering or lag from certain effects, with ATI you will get the same problems from other effects. Only way to avoid it is to turn off the pretty grf settings.

That said...

Quit whining! Who cares if you get lag in non-combat situation? It's not like you are loosing anything or getting killed because of it? I do not feel griefed at all by those throwing the grenades, but i feel VERY griefed by those who will not stop whining! So who are the real griefers?