Lt. Commander
# 1 Install from disc stalling
09-18-2010, 09:05 PM
Hello--
This is my very first post. I looked around the boards for a proper place for installation issues and couldn't find one--just messages telling me to send a note in-game. But as I'm having trouble installing, I can't get in-game yet.

My install just stalls about halfway through, where it says:

Copy to C:\\/Program Files\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\piggs\bins.hogg

I'm guessing that maybe either I'm not finding a wifi signal strong enough to complete the download--a good wifi signal can be hard to find--or my computer maybe isn't fast enough to finish the install.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can troubleshoot this? I've been dying to play for months and I'm chomping at the bit here!

Thanks

Whittier aka sirannataan
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-19-2010, 01:42 PM
Could someone recommend the best way to communicate this to the right person?
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-19-2010, 01:58 PM
bins.hogg is a big file (several GB) and takes pretty long to install. So long that it seems not to install at all. Give it some time (>30min) and it will work.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-19-2010, 02:42 PM
Good to know. That said, I am probably going to have to be on the prowl for a better wifi signal, or, wow, actually get it for my home, so I can do actual gameplay. At the moment I'm more interested in creating my crew--I've had in my mind what my species will look like for a long time--so it's not a huge rush.

Thanks
Whit
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-20-2010, 06:15 AM
If you could get on a Hard Line instead of WIFI, you might also get better results in your install process.

Some MMO's I played did very poorly on any wireless link.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-20-2010, 06:20 AM
Yea a hard hook in is what you'll probably need for signal integrity issues...unless the wifi is really that good.......and I havn't found many as MMO play goes.

You'll notice when it comes to install and such with this game it will take a while. Worth it in the end though.

I do likes playin this here game....and so will you.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-20-2010, 12:41 PM