Lt. Commander
Every time I try to run STO, for the past 2 weeks, it goes to the load screen, remains at either "connecting to account server" or "connecting to login server". i know it prob isnt an internet prob, i have another computer on the same network able to run the game and load almost instantaneously. i tried to run nettest multiple times, each time it times out. ive checked my firewall, and i have exceptions made for all sto related items. ive basically disabled norton, still cant log on. this was totally out of the blue, about 1-2 patches ago. might anyone be able to provide any assistance?
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-19-2010, 03:20 PM
If you are using win7 or vista besure the launcher and gamecleint exe , and nettest are set to run as admin.
also some firewall and antivirus will reflag a patched program requiring authorization.

If nettest still times out then something is block the program from accessing the network or the ports 7000-7500
also the router should have these post open not forward as usually forwarding will only allow one PC access through the router on those ports.

also some firewall/ antivirus leave componets still running if you try to disable the wall that affect the connections. You may have to do a quick test of disabling the firewaaor antivirus from running on start up then reboot and see if you can connect. if you can then the problem is in the firewall/antivirus.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-19-2010, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PegasusMD
If you are using win7 or vista besure the launcher and gamecleint exe , and nettest are set to run as admin.
also some firewall and antivirus will reflag a patched program requiring authorization.

If nettest still times out then something is block the program from accessing the network or the ports 7000-7500
also the router should have these post open not forward as usually forwarding will only allow one PC access through the router on those ports.

also some firewall/ antivirus leave componets still running if you try to disable the wall that affect the connections. You may have to do a quick test of disabling the firewaaor antivirus from running on start up then reboot and see if you can connect. if you can then the problem is in the firewall/antivirus.
turned off the firewall, rebooted, still cant get on. i should add, i also reinstalled the launcher, still no luck. i have run both nettest and the gameclient exe as admin, still no luck. altho, if this is significant, when checking my firewall exceptions, i see no port # listed over 5023 or so.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-30-2010, 11:23 AM
I too am having the same issue with my client. Is there a definate way to fix this?
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-02-2010, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korhil
I too am having the same issue with my client. Is there a definate way to fix this?
No, because it's a generic error message that doesn't indicate the real problem. All you know is that, for some reason, the launcher can't connect to Cryptic's servers. That could be caused by pretty much anything, and it's usually something different for each user with a problem like this.

Run nettest and post the results. That'll indicate roughly which kind of problem it is.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-16-2010, 02:01 PM
I just started having the same issue as of yesterday...worked fine during the week...no changes to the machine, suddenly I also started to get either stuck on the launcher where it is the white page with "Loading, Please Wait", or if I force-launch the client, it gives me the "Could not connect to the account server" error. Still any fix to this?

-E-: Fixed!: Go to Internet Explorer, Uncheck "Work Offline" fixed it instantly.