Lt. Commander
# 11
09-19-2010, 03:55 PM
Everyone who says rsp can't change until the system changes.. bla bla bla. Its BS honestly. I don't run RSP on ANY of my toons Fed or Klink, I survive much better then pretty much any rsp chain I have run into.

A change that would make more then one copy usable but not much better after the first go would be perfect... its a simple change that dosn't rip the skill from people that love it. It might even push a few people to discover all the ways to play there ships properly and survive with out it.
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-19-2010, 03:57 PM
What about having RSP alter a ships power levels so that all power is dumped to Shields.

Some variations of this could be:

125 shield power with 0 in all other sub-systems making you come to a stand still and just tank
Dropping all Subsytems Powers to 25 except Shields

On top of all this, make the use of Batteries ineffective.
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-19-2010, 04:04 PM
I wouldnt mind any changes to RSP (I am, after all, using only one copy on each of my ships), provided SNB is changed as well.. SNB is mandatory as it is now, but if RSP is changed to be:

A: A oneshot deal - Using more than one copy is ineffective (increase global CD to match skill CD)

B: Changed to be less effective at lower levels - 55% - 75% - 95% immunity respectively (55% all resist is still pretty neat for a Lt skill, no?)

Then SNB should be changed to be less effective - perhaps strip one random buff at low aux (<50), two at medium (50-100) and three at the most at high aux (100+)
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-19-2010, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janko
What about having RSP alter a ships power levels so that all power is dumped to Shields.

Some variations of this could be:

125 shield power with 0 in all other sub-systems making you come to a stand still and just tank
Dropping all Subsytems Powers to 25 except Shields

On top of all this, make the use of Batteries ineffective.
Better yet... act like a Aux to Bat.... Dumping all aux power to shields for 15 seconds. When it ends your power returns to boths systems normal at what ever your eps rate is. Would stop the RSP - Hazard 3 haha manuver.
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-19-2010, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
Everyone who says rsp can't change until the system changes.. bla bla bla. Its BS honestly. I don't run RSP on ANY of my toons Fed or Klink, I survive much better then pretty much any rsp chain I have run into.

A change that would make more then one copy usable but not much better after the first go would be perfect... its a simple change that dosn't rip the skill from people that love it. It might even push a few people to discover all the ways to play there ships properly and survive with out it.
RSP is irellevant anyways.. Any good team will have SNB ready to strip it off you anyways.. Some teams are build primarily around Science toons for that very reason.
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-19-2010, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
A change that would make more then one copy usable but not much better after the first go would be perfect... its a simple change that dosn't rip the skill from people that love it.
This is mostly what I was going for. Whether it be through the global cooldown, skill ranks, debuffs, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-19-2010, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheYak
See all I do is mention RSP and people make a face...

The last RSP thread was three weeks ago (currently page five) and that was specifically referring to Excelsiors rather than the skill in general. I want to start a different discussion with this.

And no. This is my thread. I made it to solidify simple ideas rather than complain about it then propose sweeping gameplay changes. Deal with it noobcakes.
I and a couple others made RSP threads a few days ago I'm guessing you read my idea because you practically shoplifted it and cut and pasted it here.
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-19-2010, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xylander View Post
I and a couple others made RSP threads a few days ago I'm guessing you read my idea because you practically shoplifted it and cut and pasted it here.
Was it in the PvP forums? Who needs RSP in PvE anyway? For that matter, do you even need shields?

Anyway this is the culmination of many lengthy discussions. I personally think the skill is horse **** but I thought this thread would convey that I realize we can't make drastic changes to it, however much I'd like to

So far I think the 'diminishing returns on a second copy' is the most plausible.
Lt. Commander
# 19
09-19-2010, 05:00 PM
on one of my characters i stopped using rsp and it is amazing, i replaced it with an aux to SIF it gives me nice team healing, and with 1 ability change i can actually tank better than before.

The worst problem with rsp is being able to stack two of them. i like your idea bob to make it like alot of science abilites.
mind you to be balanced completly it would have to be looked at more than that.
Lt. Commander
# 20
09-19-2010, 05:08 PM
There might have to be subsequent changes to account for the tweak to RSP, but nothing major. Certainly nothing so major as the current discrepancy between people who use two copies and those who don't use it at all.