Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21 Here we go again
09-19-2010, 05:26 PM
RSP RSP RSP tear,

Rather than trying to have another players abilities nerf'd because you don't like it why don't you use the in game solutions? The answer is always to complain hoping to have an ability that one player doesn't like taken away or nerf'd. If you nerf RSP then you also need to nerf cannon rapid fire, cannon scatter volley, torpedo high yield, target subsystems, gravity well, tykens rift and etc. Look its really simple if you have a problem with RSP then go and get some tetryon weapons, target subsystems shields, chroniton torpedoes and energy drain. Problem solved so please enough with the constant crying and griping over RSP. I have two tac toons one fed and one klink both use escorts and neither have RSP, I also have a fed engi who absolutely has and uses RSP. The whopping 15 seconds of protection that RSP gives you is not and never will be a game changer, it is nothing more than an oh crap gimme a second to get out of this mess button.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22 If your gonna nerf it
09-19-2010, 05:28 PM
If your going to nerf it I say don't do it, I have a much better solution. Take away all buffs and debuffs instead, then there will be no complaining about people having special abilities.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
09-19-2010, 05:39 PM
Nice flame. Sorry to break it to you but I adapted to RSP spammers months ago. I do use the in-game solutions and, if I do say so myself, use them extremely well. No matter if you use RSP or not - you're all random space dust to me because I can get around any skill you use. My concern is gameplay in general. See you in-game, genius.

"Dealers of Death clan is looking for fun, mature, PVP players."
You better start representin' sweetheart.

P.S. Die in a fire
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24 No Flame
09-19-2010, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheYak
Nice flame. Sorry to break it to you but I adapted to RSP spammers months ago. I do use the in-game solutions and, if I do say so myself, use them extremely well. No matter if you use RSP or not - you're all random space dust to me. My concern is the gameplay. See you in-game, *******.
No flame simply a tongue in cheek response to the same ol' same ol' attempts to nerf other players abilities while leaving alone the ones that you use. The simple fact is that I am all for removing all of the buffs and de-buffs if it will finally end all of the crying over the excuses people use when they are unable to win a pvp battle. The simple fact of the matter is that most players will not do 1:1 ratio battles anyway which is the only reason I use RSP. It is a must have when you end up with 5 escorts who decloak on top of you using cannon rapid fire all on the same side of your ship while you are alone at the respawn point where they were spawn camping. If people would learn to play fair, not gank and not run away anytime there is a fair fight there would be no need for RSP.

P.S. Your the one who started up the petty "flaming" personal attacks "sweetheart"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
09-19-2010, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburke4 View Post
No flame simply a tongue in cheek response to the same ol' same ol' attempts to nerf other players abilities while leaving alone the ones that you use.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburke4 View Post
If people would learn to play fair, not gank and not run away anytime there is a fair fight there would be no need for RSP.
Tell me the combination of these two quotes (from the same post) isn't hilarious. I have a hard time believing you're going tongue-in-cheek with this. Sounds very personal.

Nowhere did I say that RSP should be removed - or that there should not be compensation for a tweak in the effect of RSP. Did you even read the post or are you just crapping green glowing junk out of your ass?

It was more of...this

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheYak
There might have to be subsequent changes to account for the tweak to RSP, but nothing major. Certainly nothing so major as the current discrepancy between people who use two copies and those who don't use it at all.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
09-19-2010, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburke4 View Post
Look its really simple if you have a problem with RSP then go and get some tetryon weapons, target subsystems shields, chroniton torpedoes and energy drain. Problem solved so please enough with the constant crying and griping over RSP.
Ahahahahahah!!!! Are you serious? LOLOLOL

Seriously dude that's classic. I'm gonna save that one.

If this were in-game I would post it in Amusing PvP Chat of the Week ahahaha
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27 Ew Scary
09-19-2010, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheYak
Tell me the combination of these two quotes (from the same post) isn't hilarious. I have a hard time believing you're going tongue-in-cheek with this. Sounds very personal.

Nowhere did I say that RSP should be removed - or that there should not be compensation for a tweak in the effect of RSP. Did you even read the post or are you just crapping green glowing junk out of your ass?

It was more of...this
Wow those are scary scary words aren't they. Again you come up with silly childish attacks. The simple fact is that I use RSP because of people who are scared of a fair fight, who gank and spawn camp. So what is so bad about that? If you don't like RSP then take the high road and use what is provided by the devs to enable you to counter that ability. For every buff or de-buff there is a counter buff or de-buff. The 15 seconds of protection provided by RSP is in no way a game changer for anyone, no more so than rapid fire, heavy torp or anything else. Now if you would like to continue the debate, but without your petty attacks I will be glad to do so.

P.S. I actually am having some kinda problem similar to the end of your post, however I am hoping that the dose of Pepto will resolve it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
09-19-2010, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburke4 View Post
RSP RSP RSP tear,

...

Problem solved so please enough with the constant crying and griping over RSP.
Tongue in cheek or petty attack? You decide.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29 Attack?
09-19-2010, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheYak
Tongue in cheek or petty attack? You decide.
How exactly is that an attack? You are really reaching for a way to justify your behavior in the previous couple posts. The simple fact is that I tried to respond to your post using some humor as well as a needed dose of reason and logic. The simple fact, again, is that there are answers to RSP that can be used in game and there is no need to change it at all. If it weren't for players who are unable or unwilling to play fair there wouldn't even be a need for RSP.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
09-19-2010, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburke4 View Post
If you don't like RSP then take the high road and use what is provided by the devs to enable you to counter that ability. For every buff or de-buff there is a counter buff or de-buff. The 15 seconds of protection provided by RSP is in no way a game changer for anyone, no more so than rapid fire, heavy torp or anything else. Now if you would like to continue the debate, but without your petty attacks I will be glad to do so.
Ok without the petty attacks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheYak
Nice flame. Sorry to break it to you but I adapted to RSP spammers months ago. I do use the in-game solutions and, if I do say so myself, use them extremely well. No matter if you use RSP or not - you're all random space dust to me because I can get around any skill you use. My concern is gameplay in general. See you in-game, genius.
There's the 'provided by the devs' for you.

And...you're saying 15 seconds of RSP invulnerability is equivalent to rapid fire 1 - a 20% damage bonus for 15 seconds? Because I'd gladly switch it out. They're both Lt skills right? Oh and for rapid fire you have to use cannons. For RSP you have to use...well...shields.

Imagine the game if the devs took out both rapid fire 1 and RSP. How many people would care about RF1? How many people would care about RSP?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:44 AM.