Lt. Commander
I was thinking about a new PvP map. What if we had 2 bases. 1 team had 1 base and the other team had the other. You walk to the transporter room on your base and beam out onto your ship. You fly and fight your way over to the opponents base. (Space PvP) When you reach the other base you beam down and fight your way to the top of thier starbase. You start out at their transporter pad and figure your way threw the starbase to the top. (Ground PvP) When at the top, you download a virus into the Star Base's computer and make it explode. When you get incapacitated during the match you respawn back at your own base. (Making it that much more stressful). This could be a large scale PvP and/or Fleet vs Fleet. If it is fleet vs. fleet, you can use your fleet's own custom base when we get them. It could be about 15 vs 15 or fleet vs fleet. This is just a suggestion and was wondering if any of You would like it. Maybe STO could incorporate this into season 3 if they like this idea. Please respond to this thread, as it will draw more attention if it is popular. Send me a PM if you have any more questions.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-21-2010, 08:01 AM
That would be cool, but because that would involve 2 separate instances, both a ground and space, not possible with the STO engine
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-21-2010, 08:03 AM
Theres gotta be a way to make this idea work, if they can do it for missions, they can do it.......
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-21-2010, 03:13 PM
Well, all i can do is hope for the best and think that it is possible.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-23-2010, 07:39 AM
There are mechanics in other games that are much much more complex. EVE immediately jumps to mind.

What can be imagined can be manifested.

Yours in mystical Plasma,
Star*Dagger
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-26-2010, 06:34 PM
A space/ground PvP map is a SUPER idea.

I seem to recall that they wanted to do the interiors with only one instance... the fact that they were thinking about it means there is a possibility for it to happen.

I would add that there would have to be a way to go back from space to your base. If the opposing team manages to get a few people on to your base, and you're out there blasting away in space, it would be nice to be able to defend your base from the inside.

And even if 2 instances in one match doesn't work, perhaps there is a way to tie two instances together? I.e., have two separate matches going on, but the results of each match are totaled, for one score?
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-26-2010, 07:09 PM
I suggested such an idea for Territorial PvP, where you enter a planetary zone, and it's space PVP and players have to survive to get to the planet and beam down and from there is ground pvp.

Another was like Cap and Hold, but you have to send away Teams (ground PvP) to gain control of the Caps. This way there is no Zerg Strategy or quick way to gain control.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-27-2010, 11:21 AM
Y'know, even if a fully two-instanced PvP map wouldn't work, perhaps a map with only one transfer? What I mean is, once you go through the space part, and beam down, you can't go back. You've essentially gone to the "next part" of the mission, with a new ground based respawn point.

There is the potential, then, for a strongly superior space force to get anadvantage in the initial ground battles... Unless there is a set goal in space, that, once met, sends everyone to the ground portion, with one team having a better score, or some sort of advantage (either buffs/mechanics wise, or perhaps a better position on the ground map).

This set up would mean that everyone starts out in space, and eventually everyone is fighting on the ground, which deals with the issue of having people mixed up between both places.

UNLESS it was a persistant map, with people constantly cycling in to the space portion, and trying to fight their way to the ground part. Once in the ground part, it acts as a war zone type action, resetting once a team has succeeded in the goal, and allowing players to beam back up to the space portion's spawn point.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-28-2010, 12:46 PM
Ok, thanks for all you're responses. I would like it to be a pvp where people can be in space and ground at the same time, but, whatever works, ill take.