Lt. Commander
# 21
09-19-2010, 07:51 PM
What?? STO is so casual friendly it hurts!!!

The problem is that the STF and FA are not - at all. If the timers on them were toned down by about 50% then I can see the casuals being able to PUG them without to much trouble. They might have a 50% failure rate on average. Sadly as they are now one really needs a solid team of players that can play as a team and are fully geared for the mission at hand and a little luck across the board.
Lt. Commander
# 22
09-19-2010, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by melmillas
No room in this game for casual players. Only for the hard core ones that play every day.Why play the game if all your going to get is killed over and over. I can not compete I have a life beyond the game like most. Unless your one of the people who live in the game its not fun to get blown up over and over.
I don't expect a response as you have only posted twice in 6 months. But I only play once or twice a week for an hour at a time and I love this game.
Lt. Commander
# 23
09-19-2010, 07:59 PM
Quote:
No room in this game for casual players. Only for the hard core ones that play every day.Why play the game if all your going to get is killed over and over. I can not compete I have a life beyond the game like most. Unless your one of the people who live in the game its not fun to get blown up over and over.
Are you talking about PvP? Because the missions are pretty ridiculously easy. Thats why they added the difficulty slider. Seriously, you can almost do nothing and let your BOs kill the enemies for you. If your getting killed on the normal missions then you are doing something seriously wrong, even IF this is your first MMO.
Lt. Commander
# 24
09-19-2010, 08:07 PM
Edit: Nevermind
Lt. Commander
# 25
09-19-2010, 08:09 PM
i think i've solved your problem

uninstall game, cry more.
Lt. Commander
# 26
09-19-2010, 08:21 PM
Quote:

This sounds more like a rage post than a well thought out post.

This game is ridiculously easy.. to the point where I rarely login during the week. And I'm one of those people who has plenty of time to play (i'm in college). If you got blown up over and over you must have been playing on a higher difficulty or you are just bad at games.

Cry someplace else, this game is already way too easy. You should be embarrassed.
Lt. Commander
# 27
09-19-2010, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
STO is one of the most casual friendly games on the market - unless you're doing PvP. In which case, there's a learning curve between just playing well in PvE and barely surviving PvP.
This is exactly correct.

If the OP is a casual player, he should play Fed side as there is a huge amount of PvE content that he can sample at his own pace and in his own time.

However if he intends to PvP and the prospect of getting his arse kicked when he encounters non-casual players bothers him excessively, then he should stick to PvE as there is really a lot of it and that is a perfectly reasonable thing to do.

But when playing other players, the fact is he will sometimes come up against people who not casual players at all and sometimes he will encounter teams of them... with ventrillo or teamspeak coordination... and yes, that can be a rather harsh experience.

However most PUGs are full of 'casual' players and as long as you don't mind the occasional massacre, fun can still be had.
Lt. Commander
# 28
09-19-2010, 08:54 PM
If this game is too hard for you, then you are bad at video games. Period.

Do what other poor video game players do and become a lawyer and try to convince congress that they cause 100% of the world's violence and should be banned world-wide.
Lt. Commander
# 29
09-19-2010, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_Drake
If this game is too hard for you, then you are bad at video games. Period.

Do what other poor video game players do and become a lawyer and try to convince congress that they cause 100% of the world's violence and should be banned world-wide.
First, we do not need to chase away any subscribers.

Second, and really the more important point, we do not need anymore lawyers.
Lt. Commander
# 30 ???
09-19-2010, 09:47 PM
!!!!!!!!!!?????? Bwahahahaha bwahahahaha snort snort.

No all rudeness aside. It is just the opposite...sorry to burst your bubble. The hardcore players find no love here, This game is not suited for grinding or elite folkis as there is nothing to differentiate between the 2. All loot is easily gotten........

and now back to rude comments. !!!!?????? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA snort.

As a side note....came across a fed player in a cruider who did not know how to heal...at.. vice admiral level.....BWAHAHAHAHHAA !!!?????? snort snort

end of liine.