Lt. Commander
# 31
09-19-2010, 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpVis View Post
I agree the build is vitally important, and it is difficult to figure that out. Everytime I get a new ship it takes me a little bit to get it straigtened out. And its more than just looking at the numbers, because there is turn rates and play style that factor in so massively, you still have to experiment a little. Of course outfitting your entire vessel in rare(blue) or better is almost always a good thing.
You can PvP just fine with all green gear. The game is very lenient in regards to gear and rare skills. Knowledge is the only thing you *have* to have to do well in PvP, and that will come with time if nothing else.
Lt. Commander
# 32
09-19-2010, 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summit View Post
not for casual gamers? I play like once a week
This. I play once a week (mostly anyway) and I can still put up a good fight,
Lt. Commander
# 33
09-20-2010, 12:00 AM
Maybe the OP is trying to get an STF PUG together?

Otherwise, I'm lost on what the issue is.

I mean, it helps to equip gear and upgrade regularly. Using expose and exploit tactics helps. (I didn't bother for 25 levels and did have to die my way through some content.)

But this game is great for casual players who are willing to learn.

I'd really like to know what issue the OP was having to see if any of us could help.
Lt. Commander
# 34
09-20-2010, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99

I'd really like to know what issue the OP was having to see if any of us could help.
this here is the crucial information thats missing in the OP.

i'm sure if this info was given, a multitude of players would be able to offer advice, hints and opinion on how to stop you dying over and over.

without it, it just feels like the OP is either ranting, or looking to cause arguments.
Lt. Commander
# 35
09-20-2010, 12:27 AM
origional poster, you are very mistaken mate... I'd suggest not ever making such a negitive essesment topic in the future... this game is VERY casual, I sometimes don't play for weeks... and sometimes only 10-15 min at a time...

if you have truoble staying alive... then try something different... ot ask for help... if you're trying to PvP, try getting up the ranks first...
Lt. Commander
# 36
09-20-2010, 12:49 AM
I think STO is one of the more "casual-friendly" MMOs out there. There's no reason to rush to the level cap.

PVP is always matched to your level.

Fleet actions are always matched to your level.

Weekly missions are always matched to your level.

You can level match to your friends.

You can solo all the way to end game.

And you can reach VA in just over 50 hours played.

How much more casual can you get?

And who or what is "blowing you up" all the time?
Lt. Commander
# 37
09-20-2010, 12:52 AM
Besides the mark grind and stuff this game is very very casual. I rarely play at this point but can still be 100% competitive (since the higher end gear doesn't buff you more than a few percents). I do like a mission a week and the content still is too slow.

This game is too casual.
Lt. Commander
# 38
09-20-2010, 12:58 AM
This game is about as easy as it gets until you do The end game PVE "infected" etc and PVP.
Lt. Commander
# 39
09-20-2010, 01:27 AM
as just about everybody has said, the game is very casual and very easy. you can log on and do a patrol or exploration mission in 5-10 minutes, or fly from one side of the galaxy to another in about 20-25 minutes. very little of sto is aimed at the hardcore.

the main point he/she seams to have made is that they are dying too much. i can only assume they have accidentally set the difficulty to high, or are trying the group missions, like fleet actions, pvp, DSE etc.

stick to patrol, exploration and story missions and make sure its set to normal difficulty.
Lt. Commander
# 40
09-20-2010, 01:41 AM
Like everyone has said, this game is easy and it is very very casual friendly. If you were having trouble with pvp, you are just gonna have to accept it take a while to learn what to do and what not to do and even those is no guarantee of a win.