Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
09-23-2010, 12:07 AM
Well, most Cryptic events are problematic for me to attend, simply because of timezone.
I'm nearly 24 hours out from whatever time Cryptic are in and when it's their day, it's my nighttime (or very early morning), meaning I'm asleep.

I only got the Fluidic Tribble because I carefully calculated an optimal time to acquire it.

And you don't need to bribe me to test on Tribble, I'll do it anyway, just to see the new features in advance.

Ironically, I'd investigated all the features I was interested in before the testing weekend, which meant I was just replaying a mission that wasn't available on live at the time during the testing weekend.

And, as was pointed out above, I thought I was doing that work for the Borg Tribble.

Really, if they wanted these Tribbles to be rewards for server testing, they'd have to base it on activity logs (i.e: someone spends X amount of time on test server and does X amount of server activity (commissioning ships, doing missions, visiting the tailor, creating character etc).

That way, they ensure proper testing is actually done and not just someone sitting online for 1 hour.

But I'm not complaining, because I'm finally going to get the Borg Tribble I missed out on.
Lt. Commander
# 22
09-23-2010, 04:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight
I know I can't win this one so this is my rant.

Fluidic and Borg Tribbles should not be available in the C-Store. Unlike the "exclusive" items that we purchase with the game. (That I also think should not be available in the C-Store but that another issue.) These items we actually had to earn. We had to play on Tribble Test Weekend a three day event. This makes us special and gives others a reason to do Tribble Test Weekend. When other players see them they are wow by them.

I also play on Tribble when an issue in game comes up that is important to me like the PvP queue or Data Samples bugs. I know that when we finely see the crafting or ground combat updates I will be there.

Now if all we need to do is wait a couple of months to buy them what's the point of Tribble Test Weekend. Less players will show up to Tribble Test Weekend.
its just a useless tribble............
Lt. Commander
# 23
09-23-2010, 04:42 AM
I agree, these tribbles should not be available on the C-Store.

They should be available to everyone FREE !

The reward for those that tested on the Test server was getting it before everyone else did. However, rather than be decent Cryptic have decided to charge money for stupid TRIBBLES !

Rivera - Sure ok, I can understand that being charged for as a pre-order bonus and a one off but charging for lots of them is simply retarded money grabbing of the lowest order

Made more sad by the fools who are willing to ENCOURAGE Cryptic to do this and PAY for these things.

'WOW I got a Borg Tribble, I'm so awesome'

Made funny by the fact this is Cryptic's attempt to divert people from the fact the Nebula should be the item placed on the C-Store. Instead they cop out and offer up Tribbles you have to PAY for ???

Q: How about offering the Tribbles up for FREE since you had to delay the Nebula ?

It's not as if these things actually DO anything. Christ, Cryptic gave them out for free on the test server after watching Cryptic's money grabbing gimicks it should be obvious Cryptic would never hand out something free if it was any good.

I.E The Bonuses from these Tribbles suck in comparrison to existing varients, especially the Borg Tribble

However, if people want to be foolish and shell out 80+ C-points for these piecies of garbage then shame on you but have at it.
Lt. Commander
# 24
09-23-2010, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Twilight
Dude.

They're digital TRIBBLES.

They don't make you special. No one -- NO ONE in the game will be impressed if you whip one out in game.

Maybe at most you get "That's kind of cute, maybe I'll buy me one of them in the C-store. If I remember."

How -- exactly, does owning one make you SPECIAL? By testing on the test server? You can do that any time. You can do it right now.

What do you do, go to bars and try to pick up chicks based on your awesome tribble-ownage? "Hey baby, want to come back to my place so I can show you my fluidic tribble?" They'll probably just think you have some kind of STD.

Seriously, you need to stop, take a long walk and think long and hard about what you did.

You wrote a post ...

...specifically...

...to PREVENT other players...

...from obtaining digital tribbles.

DIGITAL TRIBBLES

!!
I have the fluidic tribble from testing on the test server but I have to completely agree with this post. why be elitsists. I don't think I spelled that right.
Lt. Commander
# 25
09-23-2010, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Sheridan
I agree, these tribbles should not be available on the C-Store.

They should be available to everyone FREE !

.....However, rather than be decent Cryptic have decided to charge money for stupid TRIBBLES !

...but charging for lots of them is simply retarded money grabbing of the lowest order

...fools who are willing to ENCOURAGE Cryptic to do this and PAY for these things.

... they cop out and offer up Tribbles you have to PAY for ???

It's not as if these things actually DO anything.

....Cryptic's money grabbing gimicks it should be obvious Cryptic would never hand out something free if it was any good.

....foolish and shell out 80+ C-points for these piecies of garbage then shame on you but have at it.
Yeah, stupid business! You've figured out a way to give people what they want AND to make money doing it?!

How dare you?!

And you don't even require people to buy them if they don't want them?!

Who are you diabolical evil video game overlords?

Lt. Commander
# 26
09-23-2010, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Twilight
What do you do, go to bars and try to pick up chicks based on your awesome tribble-ownage? "Hey baby, want to come back to my place so I can show you my fluidic tribble?" They'll probably just think you have some kind of STD.
Thats when he whips out the uber-elite Pinicillin Tribble. "See baby? I'm clean..."
Lt. Commander
# 27
09-23-2010, 07:21 PM
Quote:
It's frustrating. It hampers testing. I'd much rather they re-entice you to test again to get that tribble.
Are you being serious? The fact that this is even ON the forums is laughable. You had 2 hours of freetime that people with a life did not have, and you think it should be like a "i'm special" badge? God talk about pathetic.
Lt. Commander
# 28
09-23-2010, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam View Post
Yeah, stupid business! You've figured out a way to give people what they want AND to make money doing it?!

How dare you?!

And you don't even require people to buy them if they don't want them?!

Who are you diabolical evil video game overlords?

Its all just good business, right ?

Give people what they want and charge them for it... isnt that what subscriptions are for, duuur ?

Instead we shall continue to shill the most inane stuff possible from Emotes to Tribbles to milk cash outta people but thats TOTALLY alright because you dont HAVE to buy this stuff.

I grow exceptionally tired of C-Store apologists that support Cryptics continual degeneration of putting more and more stuff in. I'm really curious why Cryptic can maintain a decent store on CO which dosent shill this badly and has the ability to get unlocks INGAME while STO somehow decides C-Store gouging is the way to go.
Lt. Commander
# 29
09-23-2010, 10:41 PM
It's the only "fair" way to allow for everybody to be able to get these, I'm afraid.

They did the same exact thing with the Crash Test DummyHead (Cyborg Mk 2) on CO and Traffic Cone Hat as with these items. I earned those, but only the assimilated Tribble for STO. Kinda afraid to claim it since somebody said it was 1 per account and not 1 per character. Which is it guys?

They basically want everybody to be able to have access to this in one way or another, even though it spits on the testers who earned them and spent time on it.
Lt. Commander
# 30
09-24-2010, 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Wouldn't you be happier if they just offered it again for free for testing?

I don't think it's elitism from most of the folks who are against the idea. A lot of folks just want them to keep offering and re-offering these items for testing on Tribble.
I wouldn't mind if they took this approach:

For every "special test event" you attend, you basically get one "Tribble Tester Rank". with each rank comes a new tribble. The first is the Tribble, the second is the Undine, and then we go from there. (Maybe the next can be a Veridian ghostly Tribble?). (The ranks could even come with a title.)

This way no one can complain that it is impossible to attain these, and no one can complain that this time, he's just getting a tribble he already got he last time.

This would even be compatible with adding it up to C-Store - there are two ways to get them. Spend cash, be a tester.

I wouldn't mind taking this approach with other stuff, too.
You bought the exclusives or you got the referal awards that now got to C-Store? Welcome, you now get a new exclusive/cheap access to a new item in C-Store.