Lt. Commander
Is C:SV effected by Feedback Pulse as AoE damage?

I don't want to replace my BO C:RF abilities if I have to still stop firing at the Feedback Pulse active target anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-19-2010, 11:54 PM
Yes, it is. Why would you change to C:SV? I mean, there are probably good reasons for it, but the bug that lead to C:SV getting you more damage bonus then C:RF is long fixed. (Of course, with a lot of targets, you still get more damage out of it, but it won't necessarily help you kill one specific target.)
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-20-2010, 12:23 AM
I was looking for an option to deal with Feedback Pulse.
I was briefly hopeful that C:SV as an AoE effect would not proc the Feedback effect.

Obviously, I am forced to wait out the Feedback timer.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-20-2010, 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taav
I was looking for an option to deal with Feedback Pulse.
I was briefly hopeful that C:SV as an AoE effect would not proc the Feedback effect.

Obviously, I am forced to wait out the Feedback timer.
Well ,there are "soft" counters like just healing yourself while you keep firing. What gets returned to you is usually not as bad as what you dish out. That it's evenly split between shield and hull means you got more healing options to negate it then your enemy, who first has to try to save his shields (with all hull heals on cooldown useless) and then his hull...
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-20-2010, 03:23 AM
To me FBP makes no sense to work with cannon weapons.
Theres no conduit in plasce to run the pluse through unlike with a standing beam.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-20-2010, 05:15 AM
Reverse Shield Polarity negates 50% of the damage. The other 50% are a case for Hazard Emitters. I never stopped firing on an enemy with Feedback Pulse.