Lt. Commander
# 21
04-17-2009, 04:47 PM
cool interview. i loved the new parts with the ships. keep up the great work.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-17-2009, 04:49 PM
Love that other Sovereign refit! Also love the new Miranda, but I don't like the nacells and the pylons (2:04), they just, doesnt look Starfleet to me.
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-17-2009, 04:51 PM
No new information. Same "script" that he is always reading from. About 5 seconds of new footage of some tricked out Miranda-type ship.
Lt. Commander
# 24 but is it star trek?
04-17-2009, 05:18 PM
i was the movie. Really nice. But it's just and only about fights and ...well.. fights? Where is the star trek way of dealing with world as new contacts, real investigating, exploring new worlds? you dont see too much heroes fighting in star trek, but solving problems, thats what they do, dont they?
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-17-2009, 05:43 PM
Hmm.

First, as always, sincere thanks to Craig for doing the interview. It's PR intended to boost sales, but even so it's still something for the fans of this game that we can appreciate.

As to the content, I agree with other posters so far: not much new here. There were some interesting new video scenes: a Galaxy-class ship about to lose its starboard warp nacelle; Borg coming out of a cave only to get phasered; a very pretty ship explosion; and a couple of shots of newish ships, including one that looked like somebody had tricked it out for a dekotora competition -- what the heck was that thing? It was barely recognizable as a Federation starship.

I mean, it was nice to be shown that ship. I'm appreciative. But... dang. Is that what 2409 is going to look like?

Also, why were there scenes from the upcoming Star Trek movie in this game video? Was this some cross-promotion that CBS insisted on?

Finally... MSNBC? Really? What in the world makes providing PR content about an online game to MSNBC look like a smart use of limited PR opportunities?

Why that media outlet and not another?

I'm not assuming anything; it's an open-ended question.

Anyway, I'm a little underwhelmed (and puzzled) on this one, but I truly do appreciate the outreach. I just hope the next one is more productive... in several ways.

--Flatfingers
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-17-2009, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid_Piscean View Post
spectacular, not a lot of new info, but I did see a federation officer firing a compression rifle at a borg drone on a planets surface! don't recall seeing that before!
That was in the first trailer.

The only thing new in the videos was a couple of starship scenes and flybies (the asteroid and planetary) and the first person view flying throught eh belt. Everything else ws stock footage we've already seen hehe.
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-17-2009, 06:00 PM
While the interview was pretty much a wash in and of itself (no new info at all, video was actually the same one we've seen (shown twice during the course of that interview in fact )) I'm glad to see they're getting more "mainstream" attention now.

If we could just get a new gameplay video or they could do something about that weird Galaxy Quest meets Star Wars music they seem to have...we'd be set!

Quote:
There were some interesting new video scenes: a Galaxy-class ship about to lose its starboard warp nacelle; Borg coming out of a cave only to get phasered; a very pretty ship explosion;
You aren't paying much attention good sir! Those things are all from videos we saw months ago. The flybys of the miranda (ug they're still here) and one or two random asteroid field shots were all that was new...basically around 8 seconds of footage :p

Quote:
Finally... MSNBC? Really? What in the world makes providing PR content about an online game to MSNBC look like a smart use of limited PR opportunities?
What large videogame outlets haven't they already talked to and given almost the same identical interview to? :p They're running out of people to talk to and they're saying almost the exact same things to them They could have just saved Craig the time for that interview by clipping those soundbytes from the other interviews he's done
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-17-2009, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orab Ibo
Oh, and what was with the Star Trek XI movie footage? that was just weird and out of place, Did offer some action tidbits though.
Yeah I thought that was out of place too. Did they accidentally grab all the reels labeled Star Trek? Or were they trying to draw parallels for the audience. Either way it was Awkward!
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-17-2009, 06:31 PM
Cool interview, loved the new movie.
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-17-2009, 06:42 PM
Finally,a new video lol