Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
09-21-2010, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb74
Its the PVP. I've gone through 4 tiers of PVP with no real problems then all of a sudden its mass spawn camping and 15-0 losses every game. That doesnt take a lot of work as far as im concerned, thats an imbalance in the game.



Doesnt work. They go to the spawn point and sit there claoked. Now, if you stay away from there then there is no fight and the whole things pointless, and if you do go there you are ganked and the cycle starts.



I dont want to have to rely on that though. I want to join a queue and have a competative match. Premades are fine as long as they are against another premade but premade vs pugs isnt enjoyable for me. Either its not competative because you are winning to easy or because you cant do anything to prevent losing.



And theres always one cocky ****** around - yay you.



I agree, but please, anyone, list the spec for a ship to survive being jumped by 5 cloaked ships and then i'll admit that its only me thats at fault and not the game.
Quite clearly the cocky ****** here is *you*. Could you not detect a hint of sarcasm in my post? You have the nerve to tell everyone who has posted on this thread they are wrong? cocky...sure...

So long as can react quickly to a group of klinks you will be fine. There are SO many abilities which will harden your shields enough to survive concentrated fire against you. Stay in a group and play as a team.

Klinks are NOT unbeatable, gameplay is NOT unbalanced. You do NOT need to be in a premade team to win.
Why not try playing as a klink? You will see there is no button that says 'instakill'. Klinks simply have more experience and skill than you.

to quote so many a flame post: 'L2P n00b'.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
09-21-2010, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb74
I agree, but please, anyone, list the spec for a ship to survive being jumped by 5 cloaked ships and then i'll admit that its only me thats at fault and not the game.
Not possible. Nobody survives a 5 to 1 attack, regardless of thier ship type. Focus fire is a product of teamwork, teamwork wins matches and can't be nerfed or balanced.

As for the Moving away from the spawn point not working, Go UP. Spiral upwards. Go Down. Spiral downwards. This is a tactic I have seen used very often by fedballs to slow the return time of fallen KDF warriors in pvp and given the current limitation on flight angles, it does work well enough to slow down our return to combat.

The top tier pvp is fast paced and allows for no rambo tactics. Only a handful of pvp'ers have the skill to solo survive without team support.
Secondly, there is no imbalance that is being exploited at this tier of pvp, everybody has access to the same abilities and ship powers now and most have learned to use them very well.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
09-21-2010, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetzaal
Quite clearly the cocky ****** here is *you*. Could you not detect a hint of sarcasm in my post? You have the nerve to tell everyone who has posted on this thread they are wrong? cocky...sure...

So long as can react quickly to a group of klinks you will be fine. There are SO many abilities which will harden your shields enough to survive concentrated fire against you. Stay in a group and play as a team.

Klinks are NOT unbeatable, gameplay is NOT unbalanced. You do NOT need to be in a premade team to win.
Why not try playing as a klink? You will see there is no button that says 'instakill'. Klinks simply have more experience and skill than you.

to quote so many a flame post: 'L2P n00b'.
You forgot to tell him to QQ.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
09-21-2010, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetzaal
You will see there is no button that says 'instakill'. Klinks simply have more experience and skill than you.
.
Actually thats not entirelly true. There is a "insta-kill" button on the captains chair. Its next to the hot/cold running bloodwine button, just below the "send in the Orion dancers" button. I use it to keep down the occassional mutiny and to rid the ship of pests after big parties.:p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
09-21-2010, 01:14 PM
To anyone complaining about KDF Cloak, or being jumped by cloaked ships:


Mask Energy Signature, aka MES

Learn about, and learn how to use it.


Here's another tip:

Get on Tribble and play around with your build. WHen you run out of respec tokens, delete you toon and copy it back over again.



Oh, and this goes for everyone:


Stop rushing in to battle.
Whether it's going Full Impulse all the way in, and wasting things like Beam Overload while you're at like 0 weapon power, or not picking targets ahead of time (the most basic strategy), to not waiting for your cool downs to expire before entering combat (which can easily lose you a battle against a skilled player).

Take a moment to think your tactics through.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
09-21-2010, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb74
Just hit rear-admiral lower half and the pvp is awful.

Every match so far has been as follows.
1. Get ganked by cloaked Klingons.
2. Klingons move to spawn point.
3. Get ganked as you spawn.
4. Rinse and repeat.

Its as bad as wow.

Is the rest of the highers levels as useless as this?
1. As a previous poster has said, there's no real way to survive getting ganked by 5 Klingons. Even with RSP and EPtS, chances are one will have Sub Nucleonic Beam.

However the best best is to run as soon as they start focus firing on you (especially if it's the opening exchange of fire). Take at least emergency power to engines 1 and make a keybind which transfers power to engines, activates evasive and uses Emergency Power to Engines. If it's the opening exchange, chances are they'll hit you with every debuff in their arsenal, so running away will effectively mean they've wasted it.

Sure they could chase you, but normally they don't bother. If anyone does, it's usually only a lone ship which gives you a much better chance.

2-4. This will inevitably happen if you're losing badly. It's not even deliberate, they just seek out more targets and find them increasingly closer to the spawn point. If you're team can however survive for any amount of time, they won't get the chance to move the battle closer.

Also it should be noted that Ra PVP mixes LA and UA, with the UA having access to better equipment (Mk XI gear, including the field generator which can be mailed to alts). Oh and there's the very rare Covariant cap x3 shield to keep in mind.

Don't get me wrong, higher level PvP is no where near as fun as the earlier levels (specifically T2 and T3).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
09-21-2010, 01:36 PM
I'm not familiar with PVP at tier 1-4 anymore, like many others it's been a long time since I went through them. Because of that, many of us have more experience at tier 5 and the game play up there is quite different what with a full set of captain powers and some pretty strong equipment. It's good you leveled up doing PVP, but you didn't do it exclusively and so you are inherently less skilled than most of the opponents you'll be facing at the top. That's not a shot at you, it's just the truth. I've been playing PVP for months and people find me quite squishy whether I'm a Klink or a Fed.

If there is a ship that can consistently survive and overcome a 5 ship alpha then that is probably what needs to be nerfed. If you want to make it out alive you have to rely on teamwork (since someone is using teamwork against you) and sometimes a lot of luck. You are supposed to die when 3-5 ships are unloading on you. If everyone could survive that, what fun would a one on one be?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
09-21-2010, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
I'm not familiar with PVP at tier 1-4 anymore, like many others it's been a long time since I went through them. Because of that, many of us have more experience at tier 5 and the game play up there is quite different what with a full set of captain powers and some pretty strong equipment. It's good you leveled up doing PVP, but you didn't do it exclusively and so you are inherently less skilled than most of the opponents you'll be facing at the top. That's not a shot at you, it's just the truth. I've been playing PVP for months and people find me quite squishy whether I'm a Klink or a Fed.

If there is a ship that can consistently survive and overcome a 5 ship alpha then that is probably what needs to be nerfed. If you want to make it out alive you have to rely on teamwork (since someone is using teamwork against you) and sometimes a lot of luck. You are supposed to die when 3-5 ships are unloading on you. If everyone could survive that, what fun would a one on one be?
Good point. By the time you get to VA, the only thing left to do is perfect your build, equipment, and PvP abilities.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
09-21-2010, 03:22 PM
I don't have any of the Issues the OP has.

I have been PvP'ing since Head start, I find Fed Vs Klings to be nicely balanced.
We just need more variety.

Used to get these peeps in EvE, they thought once they got there first BIG ship they could roll into Low sec space and go PvPing, 10 mins later they got popped.

Its all about your skills, equipment and the ability to adapt.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
09-21-2010, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Not possible. Nobody survives a 5 to 1 attack, regardless of thier ship type. Focus fire is a product of teamwork, teamwork wins matches and can't be nerfed or balanced.

As for the Moving away from the spawn point not working, Go UP. Spiral upwards. Go Down. Spiral downwards. This is a tactic I have seen used very often by fedballs to slow the return time of fallen KDF warriors in pvp and given the current limitation on flight angles, it does work well enough to slow down our return to combat.
As I said before, thats ok in the first instance, but as soon as one fed is killed, and the cloaking ability means they can gank 1 fed straight away, they move to the spawn point and just keep ganking players as they spawn. Tractor beams and plasma release stops you moving away as you respawn and your immediatly getting jumped.

You are forced to either fight at the spawn point, or fly around in circles until everyone gets board and goes home.


Now this has happened in every game bar one that i've played at this level. The only time it didnt happen was because all the fed players asked for it not to happen and the klinks obliged. We still lost heavily, but at least it was a decent game and not spawn, die, respawn, rinse and repeat.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:57 PM.