Lt. Commander
# 1 Presents for Lifers.
09-21-2010, 05:52 PM
I think those of use who shelled out the $300 at the very beginning and put our faith in Cryptic should get a present on their birthday.

Today is my birthday and I want Santa to bring me a brand-new, shiny Nebula class.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-21-2010, 07:14 PM
I want a pony!
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-21-2010, 07:53 PM
I want a bridge for the Luna-class recon science ship!

...and more fixes to the Luna-class ship in-game.

...and a Mark IV EMH of my own.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-22-2010, 07:11 AM
YOU'LL GET NOTHING AND LIKE IT !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdcTdrDVqe4#t=1m17s
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-22-2010, 07:25 AM
Can I have the whole left side of the menu?

No?

Hmmmmm, ok give me the ambassador class with a side of klingon content....
Lt. Commander
# 6 Lifetime subs
09-22-2010, 11:55 AM
Funny this came up... I got my 200-day reward today.... and I've pondered going lifetime...

But there are a few reasons, one big, why I won't:

#1 (big reason). I feel like if I spend $300, Cryptic's commitment to improving the game could falter. They would have a good chunk of my money, and I'd have no written contract from them stating that new content would be developed, and existing problems would be resolved. There is also a possibility that this MMO might one day become free-to-play (face it, any MMO outside of WoW faces that prospect), and I'd have thrown that money away.

#2. There is little incentive to spend this large amount of money. A "Captain's Lounge" with characters from the show is not only very "illogical", but it also holds very little interest to me. Having a special forum avatar, and a special title is completely meaningless to me. Now... if I were to get C-Store items for free or at a significant discount (like 80% or more), or there were special quests or planets I could visit, I'd be much more inclined to go Life-time.

#3. I don't know if I'll play STO for the rest of my life. The game is fun enough to have kept my interest to get level up a Vice Admiral and a Lieutenant General, but honestly, if another space MMO came along, or even a really good Star Trek RPG, I might stop playing.

So, yeah, seeing complaints about lifetime sub value isn't a surprise to me.