Lt. Commander
# 11
10-16-2010, 05:07 PM
/bump it, bump it real good.
Will someone that works for this company actually read these things?
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-17-2010, 04:42 AM
The UI is horrible and ugly.
Id love for a total makeover or allow us to make and use UI mods PLEASE!

Also remove these pop ups! have a audible 'Sir , we are being hailed' and the contact appear on UI , just like it does for new weeklie etc.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-17-2010, 06:35 AM
Is it possible to make the throttle rollover sensitive?
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-17-2010, 07:19 AM
All toolbars should be increased to 12 slots. With the option of leaving the Space Bridge Officer tray visible even with three toolbars open. (A UI option to have 8,10, or 12 slots per bar would be a fair compromise)

Would also be nice to be able to drag Ground BO skills to the toolbar for ease of use.

Consistency in UI would be nice too. Some of the Deferi dailies have a deferred hailing option that appears in the bottom right, pulsing but not available until Red Alert is cancelled. This mode should be propogated throughout all Space encounters.

Also, there are often times when one grouped player goes faster than others, and clicks through dialogue boxes without reading them. This causes the mission to progress without waiting for the others to catch up. This has come to the fore in 'Skirmish', as the Medical research stage denies other players the opportunity to research each patient if a team member runs through and clicks all the consoles. (Presumably while jumping and spamming 'Gogogo' in chat.)

Strangely enough, this was done correctly in Diplomacy-only missions such as 'Cold Comfort' and 'Ancestral Sin'. Each team member could progress at their own speed.

I'm sure there's plenty more UI gripes, so I reserve the right to leave this post open.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-19-2010, 05:26 AM
More niggles.

Device and Kit Toolbar slots are not consistent.

e.g. I have four ground devices:
  • Hyposprays in slot A7
  • Shields in A8
  • Powercells in A9
  • Tribble in A10
I have dragged the icons from my character sheet to these slots. I then replace the Tribble with a different one. The new Tribble appears in a random toolbar slot, not in A10 where expected.

Likewise, when swapping kits, the new kit abilities appear in random toolbar slots, not the slots assigned to the former kit abilities.

In both cases the assigned slots require skipping to a hidden toolbar in order to retrieve the new abilities. Making kit and device swapping between encounters an awkward experience.

Would it be possible to have a fixed toolbar containing the current kit abilities and devices? (Similar to the BOff toolbar in Space.)

Also...
  • Space abilities such as Diplomatic Immunity automatically migrate into Ground toolbar slots, despite being previously deleted from the toolbar.
  • The crate of Snow Tubers also migrates into the Space Toolbar. Again, it reappears after removal when I log in again.
In these cases, the Toolbars are locked. So require unlocking to remove, then relocking. All unecessary actions.

The game would be much more enjoyable if we weren't fighting against the UI.
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-23-2010, 02:43 AM
Resizeable minmap!!!!!!!
An option to have quickbar option 3 still show the BO's and the weapon box without the /genjaiadd keybind (in space)
http://www.sto-advanced.com/?p=121
Make the resize hud option also show the actual window inside the green block
(combination of what is available and the /genjaiunlock)
Transparency options for other windows besides the chat window
Larger mouse cursor option, gets lost in higher resolutions
http://www.sto-advanced.com/?p=361
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-24-2010, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
2) Power Trays.
a) Why is there no 3 row option or at least 10 column action together with the Bridge Officer displays? There are more powers available to a captain then fit into any of the combinations, and this won't get better with new player abilities from higher ranks! Why does the 10-column long option remove so many of the other controls?
b) Powers icons do not distinguish between ranks. Some powers are too similar (e.g. RSP and EPtS)
^^^^THIS^^^^ If they did nothing else but fix this...I would be happy. I would like to add

1) PLEASE ALLOW ME TO REMOVE ALL MY SHIP WEAPONS from the power tray PERMENANTLY. They are like herpes and keep coming back.

2) Why cant I allocate my Device slots to whatever tray position I want?

3) Most of all... either make 3 rows visible (without removing my BO pictures) or double the length of the 2 tray rows.

I suspect the reason the Devs have limited Tray slots is due to trying to get all the UI to fit on lower res monitors. Well I think I can safely say 95% of us players are beyond 800X600 res (and those that arent need a SERIOUS upgrade to get with this centry).
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-24-2010, 10:27 PM
I have difficulty even creating characters and cannot see my toons behind my bezels when choosing them. I also cannot read the ship customization selections since those words are also hidden behind the bezels. Any reason these functions can't be put on the center display only, or at least have the interface recognize that there are more than one display and adjust the selections to fit?
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-25-2010, 03:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris114
Resizeable minmap!!!!!!!
An option to have quickbar option 3 still show the BO's and the weapon box without the /genjaiadd keybind (in space)
http://www.sto-advanced.com/?p=121
This is brilliant. Why didn't you tell me earlier?
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-25-2010, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeathenStorm View Post
More niggles.

Device and Kit Toolbar slots are not consistent.

e.g. I have four ground devices:
  • Hyposprays in slot A7
  • Shields in A8
  • Powercells in A9
  • Tribble in A10
I have dragged the icons from my character sheet to these slots. I then replace the Tribble with a different one. The new Tribble appears in a random toolbar slot, not in A10 where expected.

Likewise, when swapping kits, the new kit abilities appear in random toolbar slots, not the slots assigned to the former kit abilities.

In both cases the assigned slots require skipping to a hidden toolbar in order to retrieve the new abilities. Making kit and device swapping between encounters an awkward experience.
I rarely swap kits so I only noticed this bug a few days ago. But on the few occasions I have swapped kits it's been a real pain, having to unlock the toolbar, re-arrange the icons and then re-lock the toolbar. It never used to do this, so I assume it's a new(ish) bug that has crept into the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeathenStorm View Post
The game would be much more enjoyable if we weren't fighting against the UI.
I'm gonna have to use that quote in my sig