Lt. Commander
# 31 BO abilities need catagories
12-18-2010, 09:56 AM
My biggest peeve is the organization of our power abilities and also setting them up in the trays. The most unorganized mess I have ever seen. I'd like to be able to not spend 15 minutes having to scroll through them all to find out which ones I want or which ones I've possibly missed. Would be nice if they could be organized under sub catagories. And then the next thing to fix is the dragging them into the tray, trying to drag them into the tray slot is like trying to put a square peg in a round hole. How bout when you pull up the power menu you have a tray allready there that you plug your powers into, then when your done you click accept and PRESTO your power tray is updated to the new config you want....and actually to expand this further. How about being able to save multiple tray configs. That would be great. In battle you can click on what tray you want for whatever...for example a full weapons config tray, or all science powers tray, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 32
12-22-2010, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strome
My biggest peeve is the organization of our power abilities and also setting them up in the trays. The most unorganized mess I have ever seen. I'd like to be able to not spend 15 minutes having to scroll through them all to find out which ones I want or which ones I've possibly missed. Would be nice if they could be organized under sub catagories. And then the next thing to fix is the dragging them into the tray, trying to drag them into the tray slot is like trying to put a square peg in a round hole. How bout when you pull up the power menu you have a tray allready there that you plug your powers into, then when your done you click accept and PRESTO your power tray is updated to the new config you want....and actually to expand this further. How about being able to save multiple tray configs. That would be great. In battle you can click on what tray you want for whatever...for example a full weapons config tray, or all science powers tray, etc.
lol well said! I hate it sometimes when I'm trying to slot them.

Perhaps another good suggestion would be when you are promoted, and earn a new power / ability due to the new rank, it be displayed in the chat section?

"You have been promoted to Read Admiral!
You have learned a new ability - quantum slipstream"

Regards,

"
Lt. Commander
# 33 And....
12-26-2010, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFreyMan View Post
lol well said! I hate it sometimes when I'm trying to slot them.

Perhaps another good suggestion would be when you are promoted, and earn a new power / ability due to the new rank, it be displayed in the chat section?

"You have been promoted to Read Admiral!
You have learned a new ability - quantum slipstream"

Regards,

"
That too! I've actually missed some powers by not noticing them! Also....

The other day when I was reconfiging my ship for a different mission I was thinking...."sure wish there was a ship config save feature" Would be awesome to be able to click a button and presto... full phaser boat config, or hmmm...going into borg space "CLICK" presto chango! Ship is now configed for borg blasting! Ya know, would really make things so much easier! DO YA HEAR ME CRYPTIC!?
Lt. Commander
# 34
12-31-2010, 01:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klytemnestra
1- 11- I wish the UI was set up so you could wear clothes. I find the tailor system here to be awful. Why can't I wear off duty items with on duty items. Why doesn't the costume slot just let you pick to make it either on duty of off-duty. If I want to walk around bare footed, I should be able to. Why do I have to go to a tailor to change out my hairstyle.

I should be able with the UI to adjust my hair and it should be free. Why do I have to pay a tailor 1,200 EC's to wear my hair long or put it up in a ponytail or bun. It is like the whole fashion system here is design by some one who is fat, bald, and never fixed their hair in a mirror. For us ladies, we should have a powder room or bathroom nearby we can go to fix our hair. you click on the mirror and I can change out my hair. It should really be a button with a hair brush on it that open a window anywhere so you can fix your hair.

Why do they have ugly shoes and boots in the game? I do not understand how City of Heroes has these awesome shoes and boots, and Champions Online and Star Trek has these awful boots and shoes. And why can't I change them out on the fly. I should have a shoe closet on my ship, where I can change out my shoes and boots. I should be able to change from slippers to sandals to boots. It seems like the boots were design by someone who wears the same sneakers everyday that they bought at Wal-mart.

Why didn't they design a skirt like they are in real life. Where it's an accessory. Again this seems to be design by someone who has no idea what an accessory is nor what they are used for. I think they should hire a real fashion designer for the clothes and not someone who thinks they are one.
I have to say, when I read this I lmao. Not to be mean or anything, I just find it funny all the girly accessories she wanted. I do think you should be able to switch between you're on duty/off duty clothes without visiting a tailor though. As far as the shoe closet goes, you're an officer in a peace keeping armada (The MILITARY), not a supermodel. I feel bad for all the NPC Bridge Officers that have died because you stopped to fix your makeup. Haha JK. My biggest issue is the D@mned interaction box. Im flying around space, admiring the view, and then I get this big "PRESS F TO DO THIS" box RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY FACE! The funny thing is, they give me the options to rightclick and/or have the same button, only smaller, on the right side of the screen. Nice and out of the way. What is with all the redundancy man. I know it's a tough job and all, and theres not a lot of people doin it right now, but a simple option to turn off the interaction box doesn't seem like an unreasonable request. Especially when you have your view way back and the box blocks your whole character and most of what youre focusing on. I keep my view back because I'm a support player, so I need to see what all is going on around me to be the most efficient. Thats really my only thing. The idea for an ingame, or even outgame, detailed description of skills, abilities, etc, would be nice. But thats a lot of work, especially to keep updated.
Lt. Commander
# 35 wait time
01-12-2011, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilCell View Post
I get really annoyied in the gather data missions where you scan annomalies. After scanning the last one, the Science officer pipes up in the middle of the waveform mini-game, cauing me to almost always fail to match the wave form. In a similat vein, after destroying the last ship for a mission, the Tactical officer wants me to warp out before I even have a chance to pick up the items the ship or defeated ground enemy has dropped. I would like more wait time between the kill, and the message so that I have a chance to collect the goodies.
I totally agree> My game and I'm the captain if I want to stare at the scenery for an hour should'nt I be requesting beam out when I'm done.
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-15-2011, 07:26 AM
The Map!

I fail to see why a static picture that is constantly awkward and at the wrong scale is suitable and has not been addressed.

Surely we could get some sort of interactive zoom in/out highlighted sector map of the quadrants available? - It is just bizarre.
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-16-2011, 08:20 AM
I cant stand how pop up windows from my BO pulls me out of cloak.