# 51
09-24-2010, 10:04 AM
This is great!
Lt. Commander
# 52
09-24-2010, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Hardy View Post
are you mad because you got them for free and other people have to pay? that's quite silly... unless you're robbin hood... and you plan on fighting to make them free for all...
Some of us actually ARE trying to play Robin Hood and have Cryptic give the Tribbles out for free...for another test weekend. The C-Store has gotten out of hand as it is, now they're charging people for items that were given out for free? The game is getting better but the money grubbing is getting worse. I'm not sure what to make of the game now.
Lt. Commander
# 53 Seriously?
09-24-2010, 11:05 AM
Seriously you're whining about iems (Tribbles no less) being placed in the C-Store. And other posters call it money grubbing. Guess what? Don't freakin' buy them then. If you think that Cryptic is being shady by offering items in the C-Store that were "exclusive" only months earlier, then refuse to by things from the C-Store. But there are ppl willing to buy items from the C-Store. Let them. Their money can go into Cryptic's coffers to help fund the game more.

Oh and FYI, most testers don't do it for the exclusive items. Cuz a Tribble is absolutely no incentive to come out and test. Serious fans and testers test cuz they want to see new content and make sure it is bug-free before release. Testing is of itself it's own reward. Maybe Cryptic is a little slow in releasing bug fixes, but at least we're going out there and reporting where they exist.

So yeah, stop your bi****ng and complaining about C-Store releases. Play the game and support it cuz you're a true fan and not an arrogant, self-important trinket collector.
Lt. Commander
# 54
09-25-2010, 04:14 AM
LOL! Why are peeps still getting upset about "exclusive" content going to the C-store? I mean it's not like that's surprising behavior on Cryptic's part anymore.

If the OP is new-ish, I'm sorry. Welcome aboard, you'll get used to getting bent over from time to time eventually.

Heh I made the comment when the test weekend was announced that I would be out of town and unable to attend so I would just wait for the "reward" to hit the C-store. Looks like my day is here.

And as far as Cryptic C-store practices? Well I believe the punchline to that ages-old joke will suffice: "We've already established what you are, now we're just negotiating the price."