Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
I know I can't win this one so this is my rant.

Fluidic and Borg Tribbles should not be available in the C-Store. Unlike the "exclusive" items that we purchase with the game. (That I also think should not be available in the C-Store but that another issue.) These items we actually had to earn. We had to play on Tribble Test Weekend a three day event. This makes us special and gives others a reason to do Tribble Test Weekend. When other players see them they are wow by them.

I also play on Tribble when an issue in game comes up that is important to me like the PvP queue or Data Samples bugs. I know that when we finely see the crafting or ground combat updates I will be there.

Now if all we need to do is wait a couple of months to buy them what's the point of Tribble Test Weekend. Less players will show up to Tribble Test Weekend.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-19-2010, 08:25 PM
Some players could never show up over the Tribble Test Weekend because they simply don't have the hard drive space to afford another 10GB installation of STO, not to mention the whole updater thing often involve large files whom wreak havoc on the limited bandwidths of some users.

It's not that they didn't want to be there, it's that they couldn't. They did not participate in the testing and were unable to help contribute to the advancement of the game... but using the C-Store, they'll still be able to obtain those Tribbles they missed out on, and their C-Points/spent dollars will also contribute to the betterment of the game as well.

For that crowd, I think the inclusion of the tribbles on the C-Store ends up being a nice gesture. Those whom participated on Tribble still end up with having had thiers effectively given out free, even though they can no longer use them as bragging rights (you have titles for that, though).
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-19-2010, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoberraz View Post
Some players could never show up over the Tribble Test Weekend because they simply don't have the hard drive space to afford another 10GB installation of STO, not to mention the whole updater thing often involve large files whom wreak havoc on the limited bandwidths of some users.

It's not that they didn't want to be there, it's that they couldn't. They did not participate in the testing and were unable to help contribute to the advancement of the game... but using the C-Store, they'll still be able to obtain those Tribbles they missed out on, and their C-Points/spent dollars will also contribute to the betterment of the game as well.

For that crowd, I think the inclusion of the tribbles on the C-Store ends up being a nice gesture. Those whom participated on Tribble still end up with having had thiers effectively given out free, even though they can no longer use them as bragging rights (you have titles for that, though).
Your right we have people in our fleet that don't have the space and don't have the skill to replace their hard drive but I still feel that it should be exclusive and who cares if someone has the "Crash Test Tribble". I never wear it but I am always using my tribbles.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-20-2010, 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight
We had to play on Tribble Test Weekend a three day event. This makes us special and gives others a reason to do Tribble Test Weekend.
Had to play? I never felt forced to do it. Heck I didn't bother with the Fluidic one mainly because I had other more important things to do. And now I can buy it... Who lost here?
And not really special... As in some some cases(if not the majority of people that played on Tribble during the event) people were just idling in SB1 picking their nose or whatever to "earn" it. And the reason would be stress testing. Get a lil incentive to test the game.

Quote:
Now if all we need to do is wait a couple of months to buy them what's the point of Tribble Test Weekend.
That you get a chance to them for free? *shrug* You get them earlier?
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-20-2010, 03:41 AM
Quote:

Fluidic and Borg Tribbles should not be available in the C-Store. Unlike the "exclusive" items that we purchase with the game. (That I also think should not be available in the C-Store but that another issue.) These items we actually had to earn. We had to play on Tribble Test Weekend a three day event. This makes us special and gives others a reason to do Tribble Test Weekend. When other players see them they are wow by them.
The tribbles don't make us special in any way. You could also earn them by just hanging around spacedock and spamming instead of testing new content. What makes you "special" is actually testing, giving good and precise feedback and a few other things neither a tribble nor a title can show.

Quote:
I also play on Tribble when an issue in game comes up that is important to me like the PvP queue or Data Samples bugs. I know that when we finely see the crafting or ground combat updates I will be there.
So do I. But again this is something a tribble doesn't show. If someone tests every single patch on Tribble, gives feedback and reports bugs but his internet is down during the test weekend he doesn't get a tribble.

Quote:
Now if all we need to do is wait a couple of months to buy them what's the point of Tribble Test Weekend. Less players will show up to Tribble Test Weekend.
The most important part of testing is giving feedback, keeping bugs off Holodeck and influencing what makes it life in what shape. That already should be enough. And we will still get special tribbles first and for free.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-20-2010, 09:53 AM
I thought that the point of the Tribble test server is to...oh, I don't know...TEST UPCOMING CONTENT! The fact that they give us a bonus free for testing the big stuff is cool, but not required (any chance of getting the Crash Test Tribble title in the future, btw?). They could have given us bupkiss. While I think that the C-Store is not the place for them, there should be other ways to earn the tribbles. Like others above have pointed out, some people just can't do it, especially during the big test weekends. I missed out on the Borg Tribble, I want it, but I won't be buying it on the C-Store (for reasons other than me thinking it should remain exclusive, but that's another topic in and of itself). Now, if they offer it as part of another test weekend, I'll be there.

Oh, and some of us actually DID test...but there are lazy bums out there that I am sure just sat there idle for an hour and did nothing just to get the new shiny. THOSE are the people who should not get anything.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-20-2010, 09:55 AM
While I agree there have been things placed on the C-Store that should never have been placed; the test shard awards are different. Aside from people not having hard drive space or the timing was just bad, there are those who got the game AFTER the event. A friend of mine has the fludic tribble but not the borg because they did not get the game till a few weeks after. I feel he should have every opportunity to get this tribble.

I do however feel Cryptic should allow these tribbles to be awarded for free again via additional testing or something though. It seems a bit rude to throw it up on the C-Store only.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-20-2010, 07:33 PM
Quote:
CO LTS bonus Mirror Universe Uniforms shouldn't be in the store. After that fight was lost, honestly you can stop thinking anything else isn't up for grabs/sale.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-20-2010, 08:52 PM
Quote:
. This makes us special and gives others a reason to do Tribble Test Weekend. When other players see them they are wow by them.

I
Dude.

They're digital TRIBBLES.

They don't make you special. No one -- NO ONE in the game will be impressed if you whip one out in game.

Maybe at most you get "That's kind of cute, maybe I'll buy me one of them in the C-store. If I remember."

How -- exactly, does owning one make you SPECIAL? By testing on the test server? You can do that any time. You can do it right now.

What do you do, go to bars and try to pick up chicks based on your awesome tribble-ownage? "Hey baby, want to come back to my place so I can show you my fluidic tribble?" They'll probably just think you have some kind of STD.

Seriously, you need to stop, take a long walk and think long and hard about what you did.

You wrote a post ...

...specifically...

...to PREVENT other players...

...from obtaining digital tribbles.

DIGITAL TRIBBLES

!!
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-20-2010, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Twilight
DIGITAL TRIBBLES
I don't know why, but this sounds like an awesome name for a band.