Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
As a Klingon I use to thrive on PvP, that what we were made for right? But then suddenly Federation Players wanted the whole pie, and we end-up with a shocking experience.

1.) Now the Federation players have all their needs addressed they cry but it was only fair - the Klinks were soooo OP! But, in the same breath they cry - "Give us the cloak, we want it now. And while you on it give us the ability to see cloaked ships. I mean we are the Federation, after all ... (We want the Nebula!) This game is ONLY about us." (Igoring the Articles of Federation, the Prime Directive and the Starfleet's General Orders which state SO VERY DIFFERENTLY!)
2.) The Federation needed more to do, so BAZINGA! they given crafting, R & D and scanning etc. - but still they cried like spoilt children, "the Klinks are sooooo OP!" - What does Cryptic do - reduce the drops for Klingons. Like we have anything else going on in our little camper to start with. Oh wait! There's that exciting N'Vak map again!
3.) Klingons get thrown scraps - "Arr! Here we go nice little Klingons, heres a super-duper Tribble of Borg, now go play nicely!"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
09-24-2010, 07:20 AM
"THROWS SALT AROUND VIGOROUSLY"

I would like to add that I do not disagree with the angst of the OP but I do know that it will only draw flames and goading. As a fan of KDF all we can do is hope that the Dev's expand both our gameplay, fun factor and recognize the long term benefits of a multi-faction MMO format.

"THROWS SALT AROUND VIGOROUSLY"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
09-24-2010, 07:39 AM
(Dons flame retardet suit)


While I agree with the OP I really dont see the need for these posts anymore Its more than obvious cryptic
is going to do what they want when they want, Now I appricieted the shots of the new ships but there
has been no hard timeline when these will be released or even what configuration they are.


Just seems to me what ever Fed side wants wheather its in the pipe or not a few weeks later BAM
there it is.


But as far as PvP I still think we spank the Feds more times than not so expect more WAAAAA!!!!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
09-24-2010, 07:47 AM
What is it about QoNos that causes so many loose horses and dropped pants? Something wrong with the bloodwine?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
09-24-2010, 08:03 AM
Looks like with every new generation, the klingons are more whiny. What about you post some constructive ideas on how to improve the faction, instead this piece of targ ****.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
09-24-2010, 08:15 AM
What a load of crap, Cryptic could have abandoned the Klingons long ago and just poured all their efforts into just polishing the one faction most people play. They didn't, they added a bunch of Klingon missions, created content accessible to both factions, are adding a slew of new Klingon ships etc.

Sure, content creation is slow by player standards, because something that takes a week to create takes an hour to finish unless its specifically created to waste your time, but hey, Klingons got that whole storyline with the Fek'ri added that I as a federation player haven't even seen yet. (I'm the first one to admit that leveling a Klingon is tedious and just doesn't rank high enough on the list of things I could spend my time on for me to do it)

The point is, a lot of Federation players feel that the Klingons are getting all the attention and vice versa. Klingons started out as a concept more like "Monster Play" in LOTRO than like a full fledged faction, but Cryptic has done a lot of work to bring them up to par...

Now with the weekly episodes you can play as a Klingon there is a steadily growing stock of missions you can do to get leveled, and I think that if Cryptic can keep up the weekly episodes that will eventually even out the disparity between the factions in content.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7 You make me laugh...
09-24-2010, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
"THROWS SALT AROUND VIGOROUSLY"

I would like to add that I do not disagree with the angst of the OP but I do know that it will only draw flames and goading. As a fan of KDF all we can do is hope that the Dev's expand both our gameplay, fun factor and recognize the long term benefits of a multi-faction MMO format.

"THROWS SALT AROUND VIGOROUSLY"
Your posts are informative as humourous - you're not a stand-up in your spare time by any chance :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8 ...
09-24-2010, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
Looks like with every new generation, the klingons are more whiny. What about you post some constructive ideas on how to improve the faction, instead this piece of targ ****.
Why don't you take a long walk out an extremely short airlock... For your information I've been playing for nearly five months - so please don't throw around "new generation" just to maintain your fragile illusions of grandeur...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
09-24-2010, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyShoe
What is it about QoNos that causes so many loose horses and dropped pants? Something wrong with the bloodwine?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
Looks like with every new generation, the klingons are more whiny.
I could say something about the Federation's propensity to stereotype Klingon players, but then that would be neither constructive nor valid. :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10 ...
09-24-2010, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothnang
What a load of crap, Cryptic could have abandoned the Klingons long ago and just poured all their efforts into just polishing the one faction most people play. They didn't, they added a bunch of Klingon missions, created content accessible to both factions, are adding a slew of new Klingon ships etc.

Sure, content creation is slow by player standards, because something that takes a week to create takes an hour to finish unless its specifically created to waste your time, but hey, Klingons got that whole storyline with the Fek'ri added that I as a federation player haven't even seen yet. (I'm the first one to admit that leveling a Klingon is tedious and just doesn't rank high enough on the list of things I could spend my time on for me to do it)

The point is, a lot of Federation players feel that the Klingons are getting all the attention and vice versa. Klingons started out as a concept more like "Monster Play" in LOTRO than like a full fledged faction, but Cryptic has done a lot of work to bring them up to par...

Now with the weekly episodes you can play as a Klingon there is a steadily growing stock of missions you can do to get leveled, and I think that if Cryptic can keep up the weekly episodes that will eventually even out the disparity between the factions in content.
Stop smoking the crap you are on - its warped your sense of reality - "slew of ships...." LOL Also, check your star charts - this is not LOTRO. And the idea that the game was only envisaged as a Starfleet playable game is as shortsighted as it is an obvious excuse because the game was released too soon. Until I start to see tangible envidence that tells me otherwise I will continue to demand service for my money. Its a contract I have with Cryptic when I purchased game, and every month in which more money is thrown down the Federation pipeline.

PS. Go ahead moderator - shut this down - Cryptic is very good at sticking their heads in the sand, and ignoring players by deleting posts they don't agree with.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:56 AM.